Right this time i mean it!!!

I started sw in february and had quite a successful few months but then I started getting lax, stopped counting syns and before I knew it the weight was inching back on....what can I do to keep the momentum going longer than a few months this time??? any suggestions gratefully recieved

Keep a food diary, even if it's just to track your syns..... I'm on my 4th attempt at SW and have lasted much longer this time without slipping because I have carried on my food diary.

I'm not on SW but thought i'd pop in here and give my support,
best of luck with your journey, keeping a diary sounds like a good idea. For me personally, i do everything i can to stay motivated, long bubble baths, reading, online shopping, watching motivational programmes such as supersize vs superskinny etc :) x

Thanks ladies I have keep a diary before but found myself lying on it missing out things I knew I shouldn't be having (totally counter productive and I'd avoid looking at it as I knew what naughtiness should be jotted down!!) so perhaps I should try again and if I daren't write it down think twice about shoving it down my neck!!!!

Agree about watching slimming related programmes they certainly make it hard to sit in front of the tv and trough but they all seem to bombard the schedules after Xmas perhaps my motivation dipped after they stopped

I have a million excuses why I fail work, kids, no time to prepare ideal food but I have come to realise they all mask the underlying issue which is cake tastes better than cucumber!!!

But this really is it I am 33 now with three kids 14,11 and 3 and I need to go into my forties being as healthy and fabulous as I can for all of us

Wish me luck and thanks again for your support and advice x x

You can do it!!

I have been exactly the same with my diaries so am being honest with myself and it's helping!

I love watching the diet programmes - secret eaters is my fave at the moment! I find myself nodding away at the screen

Good luck! x

This is my second time on SW, and I have to admit, the first time around I was a lot like you describe yourself. I'd get to as far as losing 1st, and then stop counting Syns etc. and give up!

This time around I've lost almost 2st, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon! For me, the thing that keeps the momentum going is having little goals along the way. It can be anything. My last goal was to be in the 12's by the time I went to see Coldplay - I managed that and am now on my way to the 11s! My next goal is to have lost 2st by my 21st Birthday (next Sunday) - I've got just half a lb to go. Then after that, my next goal is to lose another stone by the time I go to Marmaris (3rd Sept.)

Having something to focus on each day reminds me why I am doing this, and what I want to acheive. I want to hit those goals asap, so really tend to push myself. I know that without them I wouldn't have gotten this far.

Back