RIP Tigger

sonkie

Gold Member
Well had to take Tigger to the vets last night as he wasn`t walking very well and would often fall over and couldnt manage the stairs.
They decided to keep him in for tests as he wouldnt stand, they did bloods etc and all came back clear so they did xrays this morning and found his bowel and bladder were full to bursting but this was because of the pain he was in from his spin and back legs.
His spine in the lumber area was crumbling and both hips one of which was already damaged from an accident when he was 4 months old. His muscles were also wasted especially the left one which had virtually gone........hence he couldn`t walk.
So the vet rang while he was still under anaesthetic and told me what had been found, she could try him on stronger painkillers than he is already on but it wouldn`t do anything for his legs, basically I had to decide there and then on the phone to put him out of his misery it was the hardest decision I have made and we couldn`t get out there to say goodbye.

I'm so sorry Sonkie poor old Tigger.

Its a horrible decision to have to make but it was the right one as he no longer will have to suffer the continued pain.

Worst bit about having pets remember all the good times you had with him.

:hug99:

Aawww hugs Sonkie:hug99:

I think it was for the best and while it was a tough decision it was the right one.

You gave Tigger a good home and he was loved.:gen126:

Love Mini xxx

Sorry to hear your news ((HUGS))

aww poor tigger Hope your ok sonkie. I remember when my dog died on xmas day last year it was so sad :(

at least he didnt suffer that much

Aww sonkie, you poor thing, and poor tigger too.

At least you loved him enough to make the right decision for him. Its easy to get selfish in these situations cos its so hard to live without them. I love my pets to bits, and having my rabbit put down was one of the worse experiences of my life. He was 9 and MANKY.

Sorry, cant tell the story, actually starting to cry thinking about him.

Love to you sonkie dear xx

(((HUGS))) so sorry Sonkie - we had to have Alex our cat put down last November - and even though he was nearly 17yrs old it broke my heart. I know how you are feeling, but you made the right decision. Lots of love B xxxx

Awww Sonya. So sorry to hear this. Always sad to lose a pet even if it is for the best.:hug99:

Hi - I just came across this thread, and being a mom to lots of four legged furry creatures, now, in the past and forever, I just wanted to say how sorry I am. Its a horrible decision to have to make, but you made the best one. I just feel so bad that you didn;t get to be there. :(

We have lost 5 cats over the past 4 years, and it's just so sad. But they stay with us forever, and sometimes I think they sneak back in and play little pranks, the little rascals.

I didn;t see anyone mention Rainbow Bridge? Have you heard of it? I will post it below. While it will no doubt bring tears, I hope it brings hope and comfort too.

X

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

He has had a pretty miserable time of it since august really, that was when he had his first seizure so what with having fits and dodgy legs and spine I think it was definately the best for him.
Just wish I could have got over to say goodbye........

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Tigger, but you did the only thing you could for him in his poorly condition.

The 'Rainbow Bridge' poem Blonde Logic posted was sent to us in an obituary card by our vet when our lovely Border Collie, Chloe, had to be put to sleep last April, aged 16 years. It really is beautiful and, whilst it made me cry (it still does!), it also helped us cope with losing her. I hope it helps you too.

Lots of love and (((((((hugs)))))))) to you and the family.

Sorry to hear about Tigger Sonkie - it's excruciatingly difficult to make the decision to ease the suffering of a dearly loved pet but it's the last loving thing we can do for them when they're in pain. You did the right thing - Tigger will be leaping around chasing angel mice now, free from pain at last.

Thinking of you xx

hi sonkie, i was just wondering how long it took you to get over tigger. henry my dog passed away at the vets on monday. he went in on friday with kidney failure. he was drinking a bit and eating a little on sunday, then my partner rang me on his way to work at 9am to say they'd called and henry had passed away. when my partner took him on friday i gave him a kiss and cuddle in the back of the car and told him i loved him. it s not helping though, still keep crying, face all puffy and red. :-(

thanks, got some rescue remedy today to see if that helps. might have to turn to vodka before long. my boyfriend thinks i've got issues with closure and that i'll feel better once his ashes are home. don't know if i want to go and see his body at the vets or not or if it would mess me up more.

:cry:i've always been soft about animals even when i was younger. i think it's since i've had children it's worse. i seemed to bond more if you know what i mean. people at work are like "right it's been 3 days now get a grip. think of all them poor people in china etc etc" but i'm like, i don't know them people in china, my poor dog was my mate and he's left me. :wave_cry: my 6 year old keeps saying its ok mummy he's in heaven with the other dogs, someone will be giving him long walks and throwing sticks for him. anyway i need to pull myself together for my family. at the end of the day i keep trying to tell myself that dogs only live a max of 15 years or so. "stinks" (he did smelly pumps) was 10 or so, and he had a good life not wanted for anything. he even the last couple of years ended up sleeping on an old couch in our bedroom. can't bare to hoover it at the mo as it has henry fluff on it. not sure if we will get another dog, don't know if i can go through with this again or if it would be easier the next time. then theres the question of would it help the healing and occupy my mind. or how long to leave it. thanks everyone for listerning to me waffle on. i know i will start to feel normal again and less empty in time. :tear_drop:

Thinking of you Hels, time is the biggest healer. Vxx

Oh helsbels, I really feel for you. How are you feeling now? My own Henry (cat) was put to sleep today and I am totally and utterly devastated. I know exactly how you are feeling. My emotions are raw and like you I cannot remove his fur from anything. I lost Henry's brother Floyd a year ago last week and it took me a long time to heal so I know I have to go through it again and the pain is unbearable.

Thank you very much dancing, your kind words mean a lot to me. I'm absolutely devastated and can't eat, sleep, watch tv, listen to music, talk to anyone. I guess I have to go through these feelings but it hurts so much. He was my baby, my companion and my best friend. I feel totally empty.

Back