Rising from the ashes...

Lol I can't wait to be overweight :D I need to lose about 1/2 stone to get there and I've got a medicine review at the doctors in a month, I'm going to make them change the morbidly obese to overweight on my records - I'm not coming out until they do ;)

It's really helped me along the way to do calculations of where I'll be weight wise at different points in the future - all adds to the motivation!

You're doing brilliantly, keep at it x

Getting your record changed like that is definitely something to aim for, what an achievement! I have been guilty in the past of getting too hung up on 'I need to lose xlbs by __' but I find broad calculations on a diet like this are definitely helpful. And you're right, it is motivating!

Sounds like you are getting into the swing of things Phoenix. Making lists is great. Feels so good when you start to tick them off as achieved x

Definitely in the swing of things now Susie.. and long may it continue ;) I can't wait to start ticking off the weight loss ones.. I find myself wishing my life away on these diets sometimes, lol.

Ooh I love stationary :D I'm aiming to be overweight by Christmas too!
Sounds like your getting on great. I always find it strange that actually there are very few times I actually feel really hungry, it shows how much of eating/hunger is psychological.

Ooh I love stationary :D I'm aiming to be overweight by Christmas too!
Sounds like your getting on great. I always find it strange that actually there are very few times I actually feel really hungry, it shows how much of eating/hunger is psychological.

Definitely agree on the psychological side of things.. it has been the idea of food that has tripped me up in the past rather than hunger! My head is totally focused at the moment so I am able to remember how sick of food I was getting before I started. I didn't really even have a 'treat' food anymore because I was eating all the bad things all of the time at that point. I am hoping that feeling will continue when the mind games kick in and I think I really want *insert any food*, because it never works. I never wake up and think I am so glad I had that, but I can wake and think I am so glad I didn't :)

Day 8/28 - 1st weigh in: 10lbs lost :D I am pleased with that. I am changing my weigh day to Monday from next week so I will have a day less, but that's nothing in the grand scheme of things!

It is probably also worth noting that I started this diet last Tuesday but I tried to start it on the Friday and I had 1 or 2 days 100% and then I'd cave one evening. I have actually lost 13lbs from Friday. I'm not putting that down because it doesn't count, the only reason I mention it is because if anyone reads this and they have done those 1 or 2 days and "failed" one evening, get back on it the next day.. don't leave it weeks / months like I have in the past because if you rectify it straight away then there are still benefits to be gained!

Here's to the rest of Day 8 and another 100% week!

Last edited:
Brilliant first weeks loss Phoenix, well done. Makes it all worth it in the end xx

Yay!! Well done you!! You sound so positive which is brilliant to hear :)

Brilliant first weeks loss Phoenix, well done. Makes it all worth it in the end xx

Thank you both :D I am feeling pretty positive.

It also feels different this time, I think I am more aware of where I could fall down.. I just need to hold on to this feeling. Part of me wonders where I could have been now if I had just stuck to it before. And I know that sort of thought process might seem negative, but I am using it to make sure I am never in this position again. No craving or unplanned meal is worth me sitting here months from now wondering where I could have been if I stuck to it this time.

So, I am sticking to it this time! Fighting talk ;)

I'm going to treat myself to a bubble bath, candles and a book session tonight with a hot shake before bed.

It's funny because I am appreciating having the place to myself this week. After my ex walked out a couple of months ago I doubted I would ever think like that. But hey, the upside now is that there are no food smells to contend with, time to think and assess things etc.. guess there is a silver lining! :D

Day 9/28. Woke up today feeling great! I have a habit of jumping on the scales in the mornings, which I have been trying to combat by making sure I drink first thing, but this morning I couldn't resist the temptation of possibly seeing the 16s.. and I did :D It feels nice but I am really looking forward to seeing the 15s.. even though I will still have a long way to go it has been quite a while since I have seen that number!

I have also been thinking a little more about exercising. I knew when I started this that I wanted to complete the first 4 weeks on shakes only and no exercise to give me the chance to get to grips with it all. However, after that I want to start introducing something. I want to work towards not only being happy with the number I see on the scale but also with how I look and feel.

I think I might do the 30 Day Shred DVD. I'm a bit intimidated by it as I am so unfit and I admit a part of me is worried about slowing down the weight loss! But I read somewhere (I can't remember which thread I read it in!) someone recommending taking it easy on the cardio sections and concentrating more on the other parts. I think that's what I am going to do.

I want to introduce running at some point too.. completing a half marathon is on my bucket list of things to do.. but both of those are a long way off at the moment! I know the Couch to 5k is popular and the British Heart Foundation have a 12 week beginner to half marathon programme, but right now I struggle to walk anywhere without feeling self-conscious so those are definitely things I need to build up to. But I will!

The 30ds used to wreck me, but it's great, plus you can go at your own pace.

Would highly highly recommend the couch 2 5 k app - it's got me hooked!!! Start out walking like I did if you don't feel up to it, then when you can manage 30-60 mins of brusque walking move onto c25k :)

I never found the thing about exercise slowing weight loss to be true - in fact, quite the opposite!

Good luck, once you start you'll be hooked I promise :)

You have done brilliant getting into the 16's and i love your determination!!

Keep ploughing on and you will be at goal in no time :)

Well done on getting into the 16s Phoenix. Feels good when you move down into the next stone bracket x

The 30ds used to wreck me, but it's great, plus you can go at your own pace.

Would highly highly recommend the couch 2 5 k app - it's got me hooked!!! Start out walking like I did if you don't feel up to it, then when you can manage 30-60 mins of brusque walking move onto c25k :)

I never found the thing about exercise slowing weight loss to be true - in fact, quite the opposite!

Good luck, once you start you'll be hooked I promise :)

Thanks for the tips! I am definitely going to do the C25K at some point, like you said it's about building up to things - I didn't know about an app so I will look into that. It has been great reading through and seeing how much others have been able to achieve!

Well done on your loss that's great. You sound like your in the zone.

Thank you! It definitely feels like I have gotten into a good rhythm with things - I have to keep stopping myself from saying 'I hope it continues' because that makes it sound like it is something out of my control and it's not.

I read something today that said there are two reasons people fail 1) they lack the desire to achieve their goal 2) they lack the knowledge of how to achieve their goal. This plan provides the 'knowledge' and as long as I stick to it I will not fail. And as long as I continue to remind myself every day that my goal is worth more than any meal or self destructive thought I will get there. I need to work hard to make sure neither one is ever true again!

You have done brilliant getting into the 16's and i love your determination!!

Keep ploughing on and you will be at goal in no time :)

Thank you! I think this started out in desperation with everything else seeming to fall apart.. but you're right it is determination now! :D

Well done on getting into the 16s Phoenix. Feels good when you move down into the next stone bracket x

It definitely does feel good. I am also drawing a line each time I go into the next stone or half stone - one that I will never cross again by going up, lol!

Day 11/28. Things are still going well, although I did find last night I had a period of feeling really hungry. I think it is because I didn't sleep very well the night before. Whatever it was I woke feeling pleased that I didn't give in to it. I guess it's not always easy, but that feeling of making it though is always going to be worth it.

I felt very out of control when I started this diet - a series of unfortunate events occurred all at once and I found myself obese, unemployed, newly single and with a number of family issues. By doing this diet and sticking to it I feel like I am getting some control back. Some things I can not change and I will never be able to change. But my mind and body I can!

"You may think the grass is greener on the other side but if you take the time to water your own grass it would be just as green."

Taking control is the 1st step so well done Phoenix. x

Fabulous loss Phoenix well done:)

How you getting on Phoenix xx

Back