River's LL Diary

Sorry i couldnt help out Julz but looks like SB answered all your questions anyway hehe and im sorry your councillor has said that :/ im finding it hard currently as i dont really have a RTM group and its just me popping in for packs every Tuesday im not sure how im supposed to feel ect. My LLC trys to help me all she can as apparently not very many seem to have done RTM with her but bless her shes great and got me the cds on Tuesday.

So what can i say really.. its been slightly up and down, i guess? I wanted to set focus last week after i had the freak out of gaining 2lbs but i knew it was inevitable at some point you gain but i did wonder what had i done wrong ect.. i was on antibiotics and had some bug but this week i lost it and a half a pound too so who knows maybe it was because i focused more on what my body really needed.

Im so afraid im doing this wrong.. i forgot i was supposed to be having another protein too last week and well my LLC didnt mention but im sort of surviving withtout it? I just have my fruit portion with some yoghurt for lunch and im set till tea time so im just doing whatever works for me at the moment but i guess i should give it a try and branch out with a boiled egg salad tomorrow lol!

I have to admit ive been calorie counting and this really helps me keep in check but im trying to ease off tomorrow which is scary.. I just cant keep doing it forever and the OH's big 30 is coming up soon and i cant picture myself at the table with my mini scales! I mean can you imagine me weighing my salmon or whatever while everyone starts eating? Lol its not going to happen is it. I just came to the big realisation and i know this deep down i guess but i didnt get big from eating healthy it was from that take away every day, the full fat cheeses, juice, cola and sauces i used to splash on so i need to take a serious chill pill but im just so afraid of going back.

On a positive note im exercising! Its good to say this now and i do it every other day at the moment for 20-30 mins as im an exercisephobe. So far its been 2 weeks of this routeen as im trying to ease myself in to it and i (me? lucy?!) instead of grabbing a lift home from my volunteer place today.. i walked! Lol and i felt great while doing it and even though im having cramps from hell (damn you ovarian cysts!) i forgot about it and enjoyed the fresh air.

I just cant wait for the next few weeks now as i start my placement and spend time with family and friends i might be a little delayed on here but i wont forget any of you and i will be back! I promise! Thinking of all you lovely ladies and men always :)
Have a fab week everyone x

Thanks lucy anway, yes SB answered wise old sage that you are! Thinking of you SB, hope you take all our love and get through your treatment.
I'm getting mybhead around it, the leaflet LLC gavee with portion sizes on helps, one of my points to her was I don't wantvto go back to calorire counting. I know we need to look at packet content if we dont cook from fresh etc, but for the last few times when I was calorie counting, I became quite obesssed. LLC said she does not want us to calorie count, more portion size control, that should take the pressure off. Perhaps that might help you too, so protein and veggies the size of your fist, should be ok? Thats what she said anyway , I will need to weigh things for first couple of weeks on RTM but should be ok after that when in the swing. Hope so !
Keep string lucy and I am glad your placement is coming soon, that will be something new to focus on, I find the dsys spin past when I am busy.
Jx

Thank you julz hun :), I think i need to buy myself one of those plates to give me a rough idea of how much is enough.

I think its more of a safty blanket for me mind at the moment. I have been picking what i think is enough and then weighing it over the last few days so thats more relaxed than i have been lol. I've never been a calorie counter before and my partner thinks it might keep me in check but im taking it day by day as i was such a big eater before its rather frightening and i dont want to go back :(.

Yes the ring i have is a dalmation jasper healing ring :) i went in for some more yesterday actually and they were all gone! xxx

River said:
Thank you julz hun :), I think i need to buy myself one of those plates to give me a rough idea of how much is enough.

I think its more of a safty blanket for me mind at the moment. I have been picking what i think is enough and then weighing it over the last few days so thats more relaxed than i have been lol. I've never been a calorie counter before and my partner thinks it might keep me in check but im taking it day by day as i was such a big eater before its rather frightening and i dont want to go back :(.

Yes the ring i have is a dalmation jasper healing ring :) i went in for some more yesterday actually and they were all gone! xxx

Thanks Lucy, here is the info for that plate, it's reduced on amazon at the moment. Going to order one for me this week, seems a handy less stressful way forward. I don't want to get too bogged down with counting everything, and hope with the RTM I can gauge by looking and when I feel full, quite an adventure we are all on.

I'm going to get the ring too, good old credit card!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diet-Plate-...=sr_1_3?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1312148890&sr=1-3

Jx

Back