River's LL Diary

Hang in there River

It goes swings and roundabouts, but it all balances out in the end, I never loose massively in the first week, but average 3 or 4lbs a week, but even I had weeks where i lost only 1 or 2 lbs, but in the end it balances out... bodies are funny individual things, and you have done amazingly well!!!

J
xx

Thanks Lovelies and wow just looking at everyones trackers how brill weve all done and how far weve come. If i ever feel bad i just come here hehe and im miss postive again! So thank you everyone, your all so sweet :).

Is my LLC wrong then? She h
as said all the long it should be a steady amount and it usually stays the same number (pattern ect) and been a bit.. not negative in a way but more 1 &1/2 losses arent that good. So then im oh ****, im a failure and must be doing something wrong.

Well its been a tiring last 3 weeks and im sorry i havent updated but for the last 2 weeks ive been in hospital!

It all started on the 4th i started experiencing horrible pains and in the back of my mind it did pang but yeh i ignored it until monday where i was in so much pain i knew it had to be gall stones. So i saw my GP after ringing NHS direct on emergancy and he confirmed my suspicions.. "Relax, take these pain killers and well send you for a scan in 3 weeks time". Well it only took till tuesday evening after i went to group (in much pain) around 10pm i started vomiting and couldnt stop so off to a and e we went and after 4 long hours i was quickly put on morphine and hospitalised.

Ill save you the rest because its taken till the 15th to get everything in motion but ive had surgery to remove a very large stone from my duct. I was lucky because i got better on the 11th and tried to leave but i started vomiting as i was packing and they refused to let me go.. thats when we found out i was jaundice and my bloods were derranged.

Im home now but sore but thats the least of my worrys as the gallstone pain is gone at last! I lost 11lbs in hospital because i couldnt eat or drink which im now afraid of gaining as im doing LL lite for 2 weeks so i heal quicker.

Its my second day of LL lite, so far im trying to eat but finding it very hard (half a small tin of salmon and some watercress,tomatoes and cucumber). My portions are quite small but im struggling to finish them. Anyone know how much ideally your supposed to have salad wise?

Omg!! You've Been through the mill alright!! Look I really wouldn't be worrying about weightloss or gain right now, you need to concentrate on getting your strength back I had my appendix removed at the end of September it was quite complicated as it was about to rupture, so I know it took me a good 6 weeks to get over it, physically. Take care xx

Sent from my iPhone using minimins

Thanks Pearl :). Gosh thats terrible, im glad your ok!
Its hit me quite hard and im very weak at the moment. Ive only been out for 3 days (had my op on wednesday) so im feeling light headed all the time. Managed to fall in the shower today too as im so damn weak, so im going to stay with my mother as my OH is away next week and i need help.

Well im trying to go for the max calories the book advises but i just cant eat it all as its too much for me.

Ouch!! Babe! I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well :(
Glad you had it sorted though.
Like Pearl said I'd not worry about diets now hun! Your body is weak and poorly. It needs good food and tlc to recover quicker.
Don't torture yourself and try to be sensilble.
If you planning on staying on LLL, stick to good quality protein like oily fish, beans, nuts etc and some good fresh veg. First of all though, really listen to your body and be kind to yourself.
Does your GP know you're on a vlcd?
What do they say about that? I'm not a doc but I'm not sure being in ketosis is a good idea when you're in the recovery stage.
Hope you feel better darling and please look after yourself.
Thinking of you xxx

oh River so sorry to hear what you've been through, you poor thing! just concentrate on getting yourself better honey and dont be worrying about your diet you cant, your health is more important, get well soon x

Bless u River. Glad ur better now.... hugs hun!! x

Hey river. I had my gall bladder removed when I was 16 due to gall stones. 5 weeks in hospital and I lost a stone. I know how painful they are. I thought I was gonna die. So I'm glad your on the road to recovery. Just take care of yourself and just do what you feel comfortable doing. Eat little and often if you can't manage a full portion at a time x

Aw poor you, look after yourself and get better soon xxx

Just a quick update thanks everyone for your well wishes :) I'm on the recovery although I'm currently in Wales with my parents as my OH is away! Had a few dizzy spells getting in the shower and slipped so I needed help while he was away. Although now I'm feeling alot better and I am stubbornly continuing the LL diet but lite and so far so good although it is challenging I think next week I'll be back on total as I feel 100% now (except for my hip when I fell in the shower :(). Truly amazing how fast I recovered as exactly this time last week I'd just come out of surgery!

poor you, take care chick. I hope the weather is good in sunny Wales (I used to live there) xx

Hey River, least ur in good hands xxx

Hello Lucy
Good to see that you are on the mend and getting looked after
too. you are a strong lady and I know you'll stick with LL and achieve your goal for your wedding.
I haven't been able to post much lately, but I have been able to
read some of the posts.
Wishing you well hun. xx:)

Thank you all for your lovely comments :). Joy i felt exactly the same, i was crying because i was in so much pain and the morphine wasnt working and i couldnt eat or drink so my tummy was hurting but its such a relief after you have the surgery, its like a black cloud lifts, i as cant explain it as anything else.

I feel so good at the moment (apart from my fall in the shower and my backache), I went shopping in Wales with my mum and I picked up my usual sizes and they were way too big! Had to get 2 sizes down i was so shocked but happy :). Now im having a clear out for Ebay as most of my old stuff (half of which was new) is useless to me.

I went for my weigh in tonight as im back on total now (although im going to see how it goes and how i feel). Ive lost 15 pounds though! 3 on lite, which i was chuffed with knowing i can eat and still loose if i wanted to so to celebrate my 6 stone loss i was naughty and bought some wedding magazines and my OH bought me a new camera as a pressy so im a very happy lady :).

Hope everyone is well and big loosers (LL loosers that is hehe). x

Well done on your loss, keep it up. Its always good to go down a dress size or two lol xx

Wow!
Look at you!
What a strong strong woman!
You have been through so much and showed time and time again how resilient and focused you are. You are a true inspiration and i look up to you!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Yes tbsx hehe, i still feel bigger than i am in a way its like its not sunk in and im ashamed to say i still feel fat.. but im trying to get over this fat feeling as i dont want to let it get to my head.
The weight loss in hospital was so quick though my mum saw me in bed and she was shocked as i looked so "tiny" so i think that was the big leep in my size.

Aw Mags hun thats lovely and thank you, i really dont think ive done much to earn that though :)! You have though huni with everything youve been battling through with work and life, i know i wouldnt of been able to last. xx

Hi Lucy,#Lovely to have you back and feeling so much better and positive too.
Well done on your weight loss. So, if your OH has bought you a new camera are you going to let us see a pic of the new you?
:love047:

Back