River's LL Diary

Hehe thanks slenda and yes we are! Going to see some wedding venues on saturday so there will be loads of pictures so hopefully ill upload them on sunday :D xx

Wedding venue and church booked! I did although have a meal (lite style and by the book) as i hadnt ate when we went to see the venue and felt like i was going to pass out (im so stupid i know) but i still managed to loose 2 pounds today!

Im sooo chuffed now, ive got 21 pounds to go and its on to RTM! Im just so excited about that day now knowing i can manage my food and not go over the top like i use to or go past that "full" feeling.

I was talking to my councillor today about that meal and i just thought afterwards, its funny what ive learned through this progress and not really given a thought about so far and how differently i react to food now as its just second nature.

Happy loosing all!

Last edited:
Well done for the loss and great news about booking the church and venue! x

Congratulations River,
What an exciting time for you. Congratulations on the controlled lunch.
Lovely photo too xx

Thank you TBSX im like a kid now so excited! and thank you slenda :), it isnt a recent one its before i had my gallstones so looking at it i cant stop thinking i was nearly two stone heavier, shocking! x

Hi River, I just read your thread - wow, what a journey! I hope you're doing well and feeling much better.

Im new to LL (day 6) - all these posts are really helpful.

Good luck everyone!

welcome shu shu!!! x

Hi shushu and welcome! Thank you :) im suprised im still going lol normally with diets id of caved in by now but im still going lol. Good luck with your journey and if you need help with anything there is a mass of support on these forums, its so fab :).

*Negative post incoming!*

Well had my weigh in and i lost a 1lb again and well ill be honest, i am slightly getting fed up now.. Ive got 20lbs to go and at this rate ill be on the diet till July :(. My councillor insists it doesnt slow down but im sure it does.. It was doing this before i went into hospital so half of me thinks its slowing down and half of me thinks ive recently had an operation and lost over a stone whilst i was there so maybe thats hit me hard too.

Im not exercising at the moment (apart from light cleaning/walking). My backs in so much pain but im seeing the DR on friday so hopefully they can help and then i can exercise to see if it makes a difference.

Has anyone elses slowed down as they got near their goal? Its so disheartening i dont know if i can justify paying the money for a 1lb a week :(.

i had this problem last week... lost 1lbs felt gutted!!! but added an extra litre of water to my usual daily intake and this week lost 5lbs ....goodluck xx

Yeh im not a very good water drinker especially after hospital.. as i was made to drink lots only to sick it back up. I have tried today though and see if i can up it for the rest of the week :)

River try the water flavouring, i too struggled with water until i bought some of that, really does help good luck x

good luck for this week x and i agree with tracey and gem the water flavourings really make a difference shame theres no cheaper alternative tho huh but a glass of fizzy orange is so much nicer than boring water every day every hour x

I agree that water, and water flavourng, can make a difference. I really struggled with the last three pounds but until then the losses were quite steady. There's another lady in my group who has lost an amazing nine stone and says the last three pounds were the hardest. I'm on my ipad so can't see your goal, but wonder if you could have set it too low?

Yeh i used to use the flavours loads but i stopped. I have got tonnes of flavoring left though, so im going to add it today as its a good idea (thanks girls!) and im drinking black tea too now.

Spangly ive got 20lbs to go till 10 stone, i set it at 9 and a half originally as id only be a normal weight (BMI wise) at 10 stone 7 because of my height and wanted a bit of room incase i gained weight on RTM. I didnt think 10 was too much for me really but my LLC was suprised.

Finding things hard lately.. i dont know why though as its been like second nature before?! but mentally im not tuned in after being in hospital and eating again. I wont let myself stray though and i feel slightly bad because the main reason i wont stray is because of the cost of LL.

Ive been thinking if i dont start loosing more than a pound by April (or maybe after i start exercising when my backs better) of either going onto lite or swaping to cambridge diet as i just cant justify the price and just loosing a pound and well the main reason is my bowels (and im sorry for this in advance haha!) are not taking this diet very well anymore. Ive been taking prescription fibre packs to "help" things along but i had to see my gp on friday as the fibre stuff has now started making me vomit and my tummys sort of turned into a rock hard (extremely painful) cramping machine.

I sure dont do things by half do i?!

Aw hope you are feeling better soon chick, this diet is hard enough without the added problems you seem to be facing! Look after yourself xx

Thanks lovely :) im sure ill be on the mend soon!

So im developing a new positive mental attitude, ive got a month or so less and nothing is more important to me than doing this right. Ive done this once before so what the hells stopping me from doing this again and with so little left to loose and so much to gain (in a life style change obviously haha!) why make myself miserable? I mean ive done 7 months so far, whats a month or two?

Tomorrow im going out to buy myself an exercise bike as my backs too sore to commit to jogging yet but hopefully i can get back to big losses soon!

Sorry it's not going so well for you at the moment River.
Once you get the constipation sorted the losses will come back again.:)

Hi River, i suffered badly with the constipation and its really not nice.... i tried Dulco and sexokot for a while but my LLC advised me to add an extra litre of water into my day... which i did and things started to happen a little easier. xx

i too suffered and to be honest couldnt have got through the diet without taking Movicol it was a life saver! Doctor gave me it on perscription as cheaper that way than to buy

Back