River's LL Diary

Really enjoyed reading your diary, amazing tenacity to keep going through all the ups and downs. Good luck in the next phase, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Thank you so much ladies :) Hannah i have actually taken to packing the book in my handbag hehe incase i do need it but thank you youve given me ideas for when i do attempt to cook, i was salad and chicken after my operation as i was so frightened but i never thought of adding to the packs as i did find eating a meal and 3 packs a little daunting and stuffing!

Aww thank you UmmZakaria and Clarabow :) its good to know my ramblings inspire someone Zakaria hehe! Anyone can do it if i can thats what i keep telling people :). I actually doubted myself at first until i came here to the forums and read other LLers diary and sort of sat myself down as this was one of my last go at losing weight before surgery and hey what did i have to lose but my fat bottom lol.

Incoming whinge! Avoid or prepare :p

Yesterday wasnt a good day at all.. im so p*ssed off at myself!! My partner and i had to pick a friend up from the airport and take him home and i ate two meals and packed my bar (well i ate my bar) and it got to 10pm with 3 hour journey home and being pressured and hungry i was made to goto Nandos.
So i picked the mixed leaf salad and plain chicken, well my chicken came back and i ate a piece and it was covered in their sauce wasnt it so i got kicked out of ketosis :(. Im so upset right now :cry:, i told them no sauces.. i just wish i never ate and missed a pack instead. I dont know if im in ketosis or not today now as aside from feeling headachey it says traces on my sticks but i drink so much at the moment im hoping its whats making it so pale.

Honestly i could cry im so disappointed with myself.. I hope and pray i have a loss this week as if having mother nature visit doesnt pile on enough pounds i dont think could take that too.

It also doesnt help my sister whos heavier than me now (by 3 pounds for god sake) is telling me to stop loosing weight as im thinner/lighter than her?

Whinging over.. please use internet slaps on me as im being so silly :sigh:. xx

Hey River...

If your stix are showing even a trace of ketones, then you are in ketosis... So don't worry hunny... ;)

As for nando's, it's done now, so don't worry... The fact that you are annoyed with yourself is good, because you can recall this feeling the next time and it will give you the necessary tools to make a decision you'd be happier with... :)

And if you don't have a loss this week, then you will next week, so just think positive... you're gonna be slim for the rest of your life, so try and keep the grand scheme of things in mind, and give yourself a break! You're doing brilliantly... and only you got yourself this far! You're amazing!! :D

xx

Ah Pinkie thank you so much darling you made me feel alot better :). I think im being to hard on myself because im so near the end its fustrating even when you try to do the best you can, little things like a sauce can throw a spanner in the works. Im gonna be positive! its not my fault its nandos idiot staff :D. x

Oh totally!! Stupid Nando's staff!! :mad:

Want me to get 'em for you?! I will you know!! ;)

I've not lost anything in a blooming week, and am feeling pretty frustrated myself, so do sympathise a lot! This last stone I have to shift is gonna be a pain in the butt, I can tell! You're so close though, it's very exciting... and that's the only way to think of it!! EXCITING!! :D Don't lose sight of that!

xx

Haha yes, Sods! I shall never go there again for their shitty chicken im telling you ;)!

Ah hun i feel for you :(, It must be so annoying. When i lose a pound i tend to beat myself up but Ive been having up to 4 pounds lately which is weird as i thought it slowed down on your last hurdle? but ill be so glad when its over not worrying about what ive lost anymore. x

Hey... You totally just managed to bypass the censor on here... long live 'shitty'!!! LOL!!! Brilliant! :D

Wow, that's great that your losses have been so high lately... our bodies are weird things huh?! I'm just praying for another freakish 5lb loss again, like I had a while ago... But I just can't seem to replicate it, darnit! ;)

Oh, god... I hear ya on the 'not having to worry about losses anymore' note! maaaan, I'm so over it now... Just wanna be at goal so I can start the next phase... Oh, and buy some bloody clothes at the right size! I just can't justify it at the moment as hope to drop another clothes size, so am just swimming around in my clothes, I look ridiculous! Lol... Course, I'm used to the concept of having nothing to wear, but it was always coz everything was too small! ;)

I'm in a bit of a no-mans-land at the moment, so need this weight to hurry up and shift, coz when I take my belt off, my jeans fall to the floor!! LOL!!

;) xx

Haha whoopsy.. there shall be a new word ban now because of me lol!

Yes! I cant do that 4lbs thing again sadly.. i dont get it because i barely drank anything, sat on my bum with a bad back and couldnt go "loo" so i am baffled..

Yeh i totaly agree, I look like a bag lady pmsl and i cant justify buying anything new at the moment. I have bought new leggings as they seem to last a bit longer but i noticed as i went into group last week my legs have shrunk so much they were flapping in the wind lol!! and my shorts are falling down after 2 weeks i can pull them on without undoing the zipper/button now.

I know a few in my group are buying clothes from warehouse and im just cringing thinking of the expense as youd probably get 3 weeks out of the outfit then it doesnt fit!

Hehe... nooo!! I like that you found a word which didn't get stopped by 'the system'! ;)

Yup, there seems to be no consistency to the losses sometimes huh? I think maybe just a change can spark it off... the sudden lack of water, or stopping exercise or something maybe... who knows!! Lol...

Yup, a 'bag lady'!! Exactly the same way I described myself to LadyT the other day actually... Hilarious! Mind you, being so close to goal, can you not buy anything yet? Or do you think you're still going to change size significantly?... It's hard to know isn't it? hey, we complain about our trousers slipping down whilst still done up, but guess we gotta admit that it's quite a nice problem to have in a way... feels good doesn't it... ;)

But no, think it's right to hang on to our money for now eh? Besides, although it's very exciting being a 12 for me right now, when I am eventually a 10, I'm not gonna want to be wearing size 12's in principal, so again, just don't wanna fork out the expense... I was saying to LadyT (who's also got the same issue as us!) that I wish there was a swapsy's section on minimins, as we could donate clothes as we all shrink to new sizes! :D

xx

Yeh i did the no no before and learnt my lesson.. my favorite dress i bought (at size 14) no longer fits! and ive been eyeing up this dress for a year but now its ever so baggy on me i discovered yesterday! But yes it is a nice problem to have hehe so i cant complain about being bag lady really :p and im exactly the same as you hun, think ill wait to size 10.

I lost a 1lb and a half despite my worries! Damn you nando staff though.. damn you! So yesterday was my first day of cooking for myself and i made chilli and garlic prawns and mini scallops with salad and it was heavenly to have some texture and my favorite food.. prawns!

Im glad ive got spare packs though, as tonight i ate the 4 packs as i didnt feel quite up to eating a meal again. My tummy felt so bloated after and it was the lowest amount of portion recomended too (just thinking about its making me feel queasy). I hope it gets easier as the pain afterwards was not very nice.

So i decided whats another 7lbs? Yes its a stone in total to go but ive lost over 7 stone now so its no biggy and whats an extra stone? I want to do it mainly because ive heared you can gain a bit with glycogens and eating full time. So i thought if i had that bit of leeway to 10 stone id feel alot more comfortable eating again as my bmi is only 25 at 10.5 (damn my shortness).
I am although getting a hard time and its fustrating because people dont really understand, despite me trying to explain my reasons for going on.. so fustrated isnt the word! They just think im going overboard and i think its a slight jealousy too (id like to think it wasnt but everything points to it).

Hope everyone has a fab weekend! Ill try post but as were going away to a cottage with no internet it might prove slightly difficult hehe, think im going to start jogging instead as the countryside is beautiful where im going. x

Last edited:
Enjoy your weekend away - and yes eating does get easier when you have been on it for a few days :) xx

Thanks Hannah :) xx

Well done Lucy,
You have done fantastically well and must be so proud of what you've already achieved. I remember also doing that extra half stone to give myself the lee-way. It's also tempting to stay on packs because you haven't got to make the decisions about food, what to have and how much as well as planning, shopping, preparation - all apart from the eating! So it's easier to stay on abstinence and less scary.Not eating becomes the new comfort zone.
Remember the crooked thinking? We are experts at justifying the reasons to ourselves and other people for why we do things. Just as we did when we were so much bigger.
I did do that extra half stone too and became a little too skinny, but I LOVED it. I was saying to BL yesterday when we met for coffee - how great it is to be in a shop and say "have you got it in a smaller size?" or "sorry it's too big!!!".
I've settled now at about half a stone more than I was at my lowest. I find it manageable, comfortable, I'm happy with it. I'm
between a 10/12 rather than 8/10. I'm careful about what I eat, but I am not on a diet or constantly denying myself everything.
You need to find out what suits you for the longer term. That may mean losing that extra half stone just to see what it's like.

Your discussion about the clothes - you can get a few cheaper things either from places like Primani or Matalan. I have bought some fabulous bargains in charity shops. I'm hooked now.
Don't keep those lovely slim bodies under baggy old clothes.
You haven't done all this to look like bag ladies. I know part of this is due to realising that you'll attract different attention when you unveil the slim new you. Go for it - ENJOY XXXX

Ah ladies loved your talk about your problem with clothes. All I can say BRING IT ON ! lol so looking forward to having that problem :D

Keep plugging away to get to where you want to be. I think it is psychologically important to have that sense of finish of getting to the goal you have set yourself. Rounds it off somewhat.

On an asside Slenda was Blond Logic ok when you saw her? She's been through such an awful lot I hope she is comming through it a bit now. Lovely girl, both her and your posts were inspiring the first time round.

Onwards and downwards ladies ( dreaming of clothes that dont fit lol ):4635:

enjoy your weekend away lucy you so deserve to have a lovel time!

Ive decided to do LL again for another month in June, id love to shift another stone :)

Lucy my darling. We started our journeys more or less at the same time. We both have been through some seriously tough times so brings me so much joy to read about your amazing progress and the fact you're nearly at your goal.
I'm so freaking proud of you and will look up to you for some inspiration to help me finish my journey too!
Enjoy your time off honey.
Hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Just thought id do a mini update as im back! Thank you Tracy i had a fab time! Yeh im deffo going to 9.7 (although some people dont agree with me) and i did happen to goto Matalan Slenda as they had a sale and i grabbed some bargins hehe. Aww Mags that means alot to me and your a total inspiration too! Look how far weve come, its so amazing!

So it was interesting.. i ate out and ate in and stuck to the plan and didnt end up drinking because i had tonsillitus for the last 5 days of my holiday so i gave my sisters birthday a miss sadly! But i had such a fab time!
I saw friends i havent seen since christmas time and they were shocked haha i think mainly because id had my hair done aswell (seriously goto colleges i had a half head and style cut for £20!! So support students is great) so it was an all round change. Ive never felt so proud of myself before, its given me a huge confidence boost.
Although my partners mother was quite difficult saying "oh i made you this but you cant have it but you should" crap :( and saying "come look at my cake i made but you cant have it can you (could of smacked her :()"? Im suprised at her actually but never mind everyone else was so understanding and i stayed in ketosis the whole time :D.

So weigh in tomorrow and im back on total. Im kind of thankful to tell you the truth.. eating was hard work and i went with some of the recipes and found the portions too big for me to handle! but i guess i have to eat at some point.

I'm glad everything went well and well done you for sticking to your guns! I hope you're feeling better now, that must have been miserable to be feeling poorly. x

I admire you for sticking with the program Hun. I wish I had your will power...

Hope you're well darling

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Oh im so bad at updating these things lol, im sorry everyone! Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, you really do spur me on and the support is appreciated so much!!

Just a quicky again as im so tired.. well i lost 3lbs on my holiday which i was so happy with! and i lost 2lb this week but its an even better loss really because im on the worse period ever!! I think the penacillin cancelled out my pcos medication cause i can barely stand im in so much pain down there.. I just had a meal today :sigh:(glorious salmon broccoli and cauliflower mash) because i was sick as a dog yesterday and passed out?! Think the loss of blood and diet combined has made me really unwell.. Im alot better today but i feel so weak and every time i get up or bend over my knees goto jelly and i blackout for longer than i usually do. So im hoping the meal has given me a bit more iron now.

Hope everyone has a fab week, shame the sun shines gone in so we cant show off the fab new figures we have though! x

Back