Road to Slimsville - Return Ticket Traveller

Fab44

Well, here I am early afternoon on day 1 of my return journey to the place I long to be.

I joined a SW club two years ago (25th May 2010 to be exact) ans started at 13st 6.5lbs. By the November I had gone down to 11st 2lbs. Then work took me to the BBC Good Food Show at the NEC and I gave myself permission to dive head first off the wagon and ate anything that stood still long enough.

The problem was, when the show was over, the wagon was 7lbs away from me. But I dawdled behind it, only half of my mind on plan and kidding myself that the odd takeaway and/or a couple of rounds of cheese, tomato and mayo sandwiches a day (the full fat on white bread variety) would still only leave the wagon 7lbs away from me. I still went to club every week, weighed in and grunted when the scales told the truth I would not listen to.

So where I am now? I left club in February and must admit I don't want to go back. I am going to do this alone - but not alone. I found this website yesterday. I was in the garden with my laptop balancing on the mound that is my stomach and trying to start a new chapter in the novel I am writing. Whether it was too hot or the fact that I had to finally admit I cannot hide anymore, I found myself wandering away from igniting my muse and ended up on this website - truly inspirational. I made a bowl of Magic Porridge for breakfast and planned today's meals

I woke up this morning and still felt inspired. Decided to make Sunday my weigh in day. OMG 12st 11.5lbs - 1.5lbs heavier than I was when I registered yesterday:mad:, must remember to change my stats and my ticker and not put it down to water retention or the heat!!!!!!!

Well, I am off to Tescos.

Wish me luck.

Day 1: EE

250ml semi milk for tea.

Breakfast: Magic Porridge with mixed fruit

Lunch: Cottage Cheese, Honey Roast Ham and salad

Dinner: Roast chicken, roast potatoes (cooked in frylight), green beans, carrots, brussel sprouts. Activia vanilla and banana.

Syns:
Choc ice - 7
Gravy - 3

Day 2: EE

Breakfast: 2 x slices of nimble with low fat spread (3 syns) and marmite

Snack: Banana and pear

Lunch: Cajun chicken salad and milk jelly (0.5 syns) with grapes

Dinner: 3 egg omelete with ham and bubble and squeak choc ice (7 yns)

Day 3 EE

Breakfast: Magic Porridge with banana

Snack: mixed fruit salad

Lunch: Prawn salad and Activia yogurt

Dinner: meatball Pasta

First Weigh In

Day 8

Gosh this week has flown by and I've been so busy I haven't had time to fill in my diary. I have stuck to my meal plans and weighed in this morning.

2lbs off :bliss:and 1 inch off my waist :happy036:

Back