Roadkill

Auburn

x x x
Evenin all :)

I'm just watching Come Dine with Me on 4oD and someone on there is cooking roadkill for the guests, venison, pheasant etc... She says she skinned it by the roadside...

I'm quite new to eating meat... is this normal eating roadkill? Not something I have come across before...!!!

Its not something I would do, but I guess there are people out there that would, especially if they were skint:sigh:

Not evem remotely normal behaviour for meat eaters!! But nowt wrong with it imo. It says more about everyone else (inc myself) that we are squeamish about it i think!

I keep seeing bunnies up my road - a little squished and wonder if I should grab em......

Not for me though. I'd worry about tiny bone shards.

But for my doggie- he's raw fed and would eat anything.

I shud get in touch to tell her the a483 is full of roadkill id hate to imagine the amount of pies she could make with that :p xx

Mmm pheasant!

I could not do it.

Even my hens all died of old age and were buried in our pets cemetery.

It was a joke with all of our neighbours who regularly killed a chicken or 2 and a rabbit for their weekends paella. They reckoned my animals all had pension books.

I suppose that the whole animal takes on a persona unlike anonymous chops, steak and sausage etc on the butchers counter.

Well, I figure as they're already dead, you might as well get some use of them - could argue it's better doing that than letting them rot by the roadside! Never done it myself, but, y'know - waste not, want not!

I watched it too , although its not what most people would eat I really dont see what all the other guests problem was !!! Those animals lived a natural life in the wild and were killed accidentally .... so surely they are far more 'organic ' and humanly slaughtered than most 'farmed ' animals !!!!! I dont see why a rabbit from a butcher would be any different to one knocked down by a car !!!!!

Interesting... I don't think I could knowingly eat from the roadside, you never know how long it's been there!

But as the Fella said - When you go to places like Thailand, and all the menu's are in symbols, you have no idea what you're getting anyway, why's this any different..

I dunno, I'm on the fence. I'm happy to stick to my plastic wrapped chicken fillets :)

Or Quorn... haha !

Back