Roast chicken and homemade stock

hazysummer

I found a chicken in the supermarket today which didn't look scrawny like it had run a marathon - :woohoo: !

I would usually roast with half a lemon up its bum and a bit of salt and pepper and eat some of the skin, so I'm hoping that if I roast it on a rack to let the fat drip through and don't eat any skin I'll be OK or will I have to add syns? :confused:

equally I would save the carcass after dinner, and we'd pulled off most of the meat for stir-fries / sarnies I'd bung in a pot with some veg and herbs and make my own chicken stock

will this be ok if I refrigerate and skim off the fat? or will I need to add syns? how on earth do I work them out?

thanks

Roast your chicken as normal but don't eat the skin and then it's free. Pick of the meat for other meals, sandwiches etc and then use the carcass to make your stock with some veggies. No syns for the stock. So just do what you usually do.

Denise

thanks for that Denise, just eaten the chicken with new pots and salad - it was very yummy! so I'm relieved...

Back