Roast Dinner

kat01234

Hi guys - am on Day 6 of LLL and am really struggling... its the headaches and the general moodswings caused by the Ketosis that get me. I do have some great moments where I'm so glad I'm doing this and looking forward to the weightloss but unfortunately these don't seem to happen too often..... now rant over!! Think its just hard cos probably need someone to talk to and have no one who understands this type of diet. So here I am!

Am making a roast for family - I was just gonna have the chicken, bit of veg and swede carrott mash. Do you think I could have a bit of gravy and mint sauce or would that be a no no???? Thanks in advance x

Hi Kat,
I'd pass on both I'm afraid. The mint sauce will be full of sugar and the gravy will be full of starch. Alternatives are a little bit of the meat juices unadulterated (no thickener or bisto) and you could chop some fresh mint really finely and add some vinegar to taste. if you need the usual sweetness, you could dissolve a sweetener in the vinegar first.
It will get better - you'll soon feel fantastic as your body adjusts and the side effects disappear.
Stick with it. it's early days for you - just look at the LL website and some of the before and after stories and photos to inspire you. Once you are over the side effects, it really is the quickest way to lose weight and the counselling is invaluable.
Keep me posted - I visit this site regularly...
marcia. xxx

Thank you for the reply - but it was too late and I already had it ... opphs, but thankfully didn't affect my ketosis or my loss, but guess a little treat very occasionally is ok! :confused:

A little treat on ocassion is ok - but it should never be used as an excuse! :)

As far as gravy is concerned - you can buy some Marigold Buillion (which is like stock) - if you make it quite thick (remember you're not supposed to have more than 2 teaspoons per day) it can act as a gravy. - As for mint sauce - you can make your own just like marcia jones has said. :)

Back