roast vegetable quiche

liveinhope

this is mad!lol we are all over the place jumping from one thread to another! ok to me quich was a pastry base and this is a potatoe one! and potatoe and eggs didn't sound too much better but hey what i trust the ww judgement and thought i'll chance it and if you like savory things, i hope its a winner for you:-
serves 4
1 medium green, red and yellow pepper de-seeded and sliced.
1 medium red onion sliced into 8
4 shallotts quartered
4 medium carrotts sliced
low fat cooking spray
450 gramms potatoes cut into chunks
1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
1 large egg
150 ml skimmed milk
2 tablespoons half fat cheddar cheese grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper

preheat oven gas mark 7 / 220 degrees / fan oven 200 degrees
place all the veg apart from the potatoes in a roasting tin. season and spray with the cooking spray toss around and spray again. roast the veg for 20 mins until soft and golden.

meanwhile boin the potatoes in lightly salted water. drain and mash them with the horseradish sauce and seasoning.

line a 20cm / 8 inch loose bottomed cake tin with non stick parchment paper. spoon in the mash and press down to form a base. bake in the oven for 10 mins until the potatoe has formed a crust.

pile the roasted veg on top of the potatoe base. in a jug beat together the egg and the milk with some seasoning. pour the egg mixture over the veg and then sprinkle over the grated cheese.
return to the oven for a further 10 - 15 mins until the top is set and golden. serve hot or cold.

and you can also freeze.

10/10 :):):)

Back