Roasted Chickpeas

jane76

Silver Member
I found this recipe online and liked the sound of it so thought id post it here too, im going to try it tomorrow night for a snack.

Do you think it will still be free on a green day? what with them being roasted and eaten on its own.....i get really confused with with things like this when something free has to be syned because you do something different with it:confused:

A low-fat snack alternative to cocktail nuts, these spicy beans also taste great tossed in salads.

Ingredients:

2 cup cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed if canned - im assuming they mean chickpeas as the recipe was called roasted chickpeas

1/8 tsp red pepper

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray. Spread chickpeas on baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder and cayenne; toss to coat. Roast on bottom rack of oven, shaking pan about every 15 minutes, until browned and crunchy, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cool before serving.

u prob going to hate me but sw would say they have to be syned :( but then i would have to try them ad if it never efected my weight loss thn i would count them as free

im thinking along the same lines as you, havent tried them yet either but maybe in moderation they would be free bit like the lasange crisp things if you eat them everynight then theyre bound to effect your loss

not tried them yet, planning on doing it tomorrow night so will let you know x

Back