Roasted Veg! .... umm how!?

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Ok so does anyone here do their own roasted veg? ..

ive got some sweet potato some turnip parsnips and carrots

how do i make a really nice pan of roasted veg ?

any ideas or own recipes would be great :)

thanks in advance

Peel and cut them into chunks. Put them in a roasting pan with a few cloves of chopped garlic, a couple of onions cut into 6 or 8 pieces, a spray of olive oil or two, some herbs like fresh thyme, rosemary..... Roast until cooked. At the end, you can add a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar or not. A
Question of taste.
You can add some tomatoes after about half the cooking time as well if you want a "sauce" on your veggies

Last edited:
Oooo that sounds yummy .. thanks so much! . ive got balsamic vinegar i know this probably sounds daft but what sort of taste does it have? and it is nice with veggies?

yeah , i do as patchninja does and i add cherry tomatoes and black olives to mine for a real mediteranean flavour.mmmmmm:drool: (wish i hadn't got tea planned now!)
balsamic vinegar has a sweet almost molases taste to it, beleive it or not its nice drizzled on strawberries

How many points would that work out at?

Sounds delicious!!

Mmmm sounded gorgeous! ... well you would point the parsnip .. and not sure how much the vinegar would be

???

no points in vinegar, black olives half a point for 10, most veg a refree,plus points for the oil. I have made with fry light but comes out a bit dry-half and half is good

no points in vinegar, black olives half a point for 10, most veg a refree,plus points for the oil. I have made with fry light but comes out a bit dry-half and half is good

Ok, great..guess what i'm having for tea tonight :)

Sweet Potatoes are pointed (2 points for a medium one) so remember to point that as well as your parsnips.

Butternut Squash and Pumpkin are free (not sure if they are still in season) but they give you a nice sweetness in your roast veg without the points

Peel and cut them into chunks. Put them in a roasting pan with a few cloves of chopped garlic, a couple of onions cut into 6 or 8 pieces, a spray of olive oil or two, some herbs like fresh thyme, rosemary..... Roast until cooked. At the end, you can add a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar or not. A
Question of taste.
You can add some tomatoes after about half the cooking time as well if you want a "sauce" on your veggies

Thats just how i would do it (with the toms also) and mushrooms of course! then once done you can sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese which is yummy.

Oh bugger i thought i was doin well trying out sweet pot! .. i thought it was free lol
maybe ill leave the sweet pot out !

sweet potato is really nice tho. I 've got a ww recipe for sweet potato & coconut curry which is only 4 points a portion and it is to die for!!! -if you like curry of course

Mmm i love curry! ....
I did the roasted veg last night but left out the sweetpot and parsnip! lol had loads of mushrooms, carrots, peppers and onions! with a little balsamic and lots of garlic and it as yummy altho a little dry

not sure i put enough balsamic on ???

Yep did the roast veg last night too, had to point the potatoe & parsnip and added diced turkey.
Tasted scrummy, filled me up too, but boy its had some undesirable effects this morning!:eek: Opps!

Mmm i love curry! ....
I did the roasted veg last night but left out the sweetpot and parsnip! lol had loads of mushrooms, carrots, peppers and onions! with a little balsamic and lots of garlic and it as yummy altho a little dry

not sure i put enough balsamic on ???

add balsamic to your taste but thats why i put cherry toms in cos they do add a bit of moisture

Back