Roasted veg???

fionao

What veg do you use to roast that is point free???
And how do you do it, just chop it up, spray with fry lite and out it in the oven???

Tomatoes and pepper are my fave. Oh and BNS. But any veg can be roasted. Spray with frylight, sprinkling lemon juice or some seasoning is nice too

i chop up carrots parsnips garlic red onions spray with frylite and add some rosemary,,it's really yum and the house smells lovely too!!!!

Just bear in mind some veggies cook much longer than others. Sorry if that sounds self explanatory but I didn't realise this the first time...so ended up with half cooked parsnips and tomatoes that were like spludge at the bottom of the dish. Oops.

Lately my favourite way of doing it is:

Spray baking tray with 1Cal spray.
Chop loads of courgette, onion, pepper, Mushrooms and leaks and put them on the tray.
Spray the veg with a little more 1Cal spray.
Add ground black pepper.
Roast until done.

They are well lush when they come out. So much flavour and really versatile (Last night I had it with 2 slices of Nimble for a roast veg sandwich and it was lovely)

Just bear in mind some veggies cook much longer than others. Sorry if that sounds self explanatory but I didn't realise this the first time...so ended up with half cooked parsnips and tomatoes that were like spludge at the bottom of the dish. Oops.

I blanch some of the harder veg in water for a bit or pop in the microwave to soften before adding to the roasting tin, that way it all seems to be ready at about the same time.
Ooh and try roasting a whole bulb of garlic until it's soft and then spreading the result on bread. Who needs garlic "butter." yum

Back