Roasted vegetable disaster

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Jude1234, 7 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Jude1234

Jude1234 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(23.08%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yesterady I tried to make roasted vegetables the slimming world way and what a disaster:(.I sliced red onion, courgette, cherry tomatoes and pepper with garlic and sprayed liberally with spray light and put in the oven. They were in for about half an hour but they ended up all burnt and not how I used to have them when I would use olive oil.

Any tips??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. elizabeth

elizabeth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(53.93%)
    Diet:
    No diet, just healthy eating
    Use olive oil. :D

Sorry, I've never gotten on board with the Frylight stuff, I found it yucky and chemical-y. :eek:

A tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil is a HexB choice. Flavour the oil with whole chillies, use to roast your veg and .... nom nom. :)

4. trinity_bleu

trinity_bleu Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do it with fry light anf it's nice, but I do quite big chunks for up to about 3/4 of an hour. i

5. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use PAM spray, we cant get frylight here in Canada and my veggies always turn out lovely. PAM is made using canola oil, my chips are always nice and crispy too.

Did you try spraying the tray first and then spray over the top of the veggies, giving them a mix and then spraying over the top again?

6. Going2be*fab*at40

Going2be*fab*at40 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    8st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st1lb(-0.8%)
    Diet:
    Fabulous Slimming World
    I don't use anything.
    I chop up my peppers into large chunks, quarter onions and chuck in cherry tomatoes. Top of the oven at about gas mark 7 for 35mins and they come out really well (soft and slightly blackened in places).
    Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.