Rollerblades.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kazz, 12 October 2006 Social URL.

1. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Any tips on how to get your balance for the first time??!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Crutches.......help!

LMTO!!!!

4. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    [quote=Isobel1965;51759]Crutches.......help!

LMTO!!!![/quote]

I'm beginning to think that lol I can actually balance in them and roll a bit, but am a bit worried about picking up speed!! Do not anticipate going out on them until I have shifted at least 2 stone though!!!

5. lavender

lavender Silver Member

Are you nuts???!!! mind you have heard its really good for the buttocks, thats when all the bruising fades!!!

6. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

I would tie a cushion round my ahrse and just go for it!!!

Erm - if I was brave enough that is!

kazz likes this.
  7. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW

Em, yeah....just a bit!!

8. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    [quote=Isobel1965;51817]I would tie a cushion round my ahrse and just go for it!!!

Erm - if I was brave enough that is![/quote]

Dont tell me ur not brave enough??! Here was me thinking you were able to do anything!!

9. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Who? Me????

Nah - am a fraidy cat when faced with anything physical!!

(*whispers* erm not THAT, of course - am really, really good at THAT heheheheh)

I can't go to the gym by myself cos I'm too shy - bless me!!

And the thought of roller blading IN PUBLIC sends me into a cold sweat. Could probably have a go in me living room tho!LMTO!!!

I take my hat off to you!

10. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Well....I'll have to see how I get on in my living room before I venture out into the big bad world lol

11. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    go somewhere flat!!!!

12. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW

I live in the isle of man hun....there is nowhere flat lol!

13. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    oh well, I've never been there to know. then in that case go on holiday to somewhere flat till you get used to them :)

Or go somewhere there is something like a handrail you can hang on to to sto yourself if you go too fast

14. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I think I'll be buzzin up and down my hall for a bit and shift a bit of weight before I venture out!! The isle of man is a bit mad....theres a slope or hill everywhere you look!!

15. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i love the isle of man, especially the fairy glen is that there still, have a skate round there one evening no-one but the pixies will see ya lol ;)

16. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW

Yeah it is...but somehow its not quite as magical anymore as it was when I used to come on hols here lol....its such a pretty place to live....makes me wonder why I want to move again!

17. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

I saw Chubby Children yesterday and the kid has rollerblades and now i would love to Rollerblade...

Has rollerskates i begged my mum to get as a kid and i NEVER EVER got it right...

Doubt i could do it, but i have lovely visions of Rollerblading to work...

Ivy

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Gill-cdthing

hubby and i came to the isle of man for our honeymoon lol, we stayed in a hotel on the front just down from there, has a bit of a club in the basement owned by a scouser, nice enough hotel but all the residents were pensioners lmao, and when they found out we were on honeymoon they all walked past saying awww, drove me mad lol, we went cos we saw a package deal in the echo and we didnt have much moeny but we had a great time, and hired a car for the four days and drove around the island, i loved it there but i would imagine the cost of living is quite dear ,

20. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    It is definately quite an expensive place to live, but kind of on par with Dublin....house prices etc are ridiculous and you really are cut off from other places..especially cos our airport closes at night!! I am thinking of moving again, but to be honest I cant imagine not living by the sea....in a way that makes up for it all...just to be able to walk along the prom etc....the sea is so so calming...and theres hardly any traffic lol

21. Gill-cdthing

i know what you mean, i live within a mile of the beach and couldnt bear to live away from it, i love the sea its so relaxing,

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.