Rosebug's Diary [back on the chain gang~]

I overestimate on purpose, WW. I explained it in a post early on, but... well, if you watch any show where people keep food diaries, it's proven that they underestimate calories in their food by at least 20-40 percent, or just forget things they've eaten, which is why weight loss on calorie controlled diets is often much slower than it should be if food diaries were taken as gospel.

I've had problems with carb creep on atkins before, and I don't absolutely measure things so if I have a spoonful of peanut butter I will overestimate the amount I think it was by one or two g carbs to make up for any excess. I do log all my food on weightlossresources and carbs always surprise me.

The carbs in 1 whole courgette, for example. 4g carbs! And cooked down, that doesn't make much. So if I have a plateful of courgette but don't know exactly how much was used I overestimate that, too.

Mims I count as about 4-5g right now. The early ones were so high as I used several teaspoons of splenda, and a teaspoon of cocoa powder in them. Now I use ground up canderel tablets and cinnamon or ginger.

I use large eggs and they're about 0.6g so if I have two I count it as 1g and if I add cheese usually 1g more etc etc.

I also have cups of tea with a dash of milk and sweetner in, so overcompensating on other things means it's okay if I accidentally have a gram or two more than I mean to there.

The short version is that if I overestimate sometimes it evens things out if there's something I've accidentally underestimated, and that makes me feel safer.

....Sob I know I sound anal and obsessive and odd, and it's funny as I'm actually the most disorganised person in the world. But it seems to help me on a diet if I can be strict about it.

Aw honeypie, not getting at you in any way lovey. If what you are doing works for you then bravo - keep it up! x

I'm totally the other way and UNDERESTIMATE my carbs, but then I pay the price afterwards. As in 6lbs ON this week! :D

I didn't think you were getting at me, dont worry, I just know it's a slightly odd way of going about things.

I've done Atkins before, seriously once (years ago) casually a few times. Doing it casually I'd lose maybe half a stone and then it would sloooow right down to a few lbs a month. I started the diet this time intending to be casual again but a few factors have made me really really want to be thin asap. I hate myself as I am and I'm too ashamed to meet people who haven't already seen me and so on... I just don't want to waste any more of my life than I have to. So I'm really really trying, this time. Hopefully it will be the last time I'll have to.

And as a 6lb fat gain in a week is physically impossible, I'm sure it will flush out in no time ((hugs)).

LOL, well, er, hoping it isn't all fat, and yet thinking it IS within the bounds of possibility to put that on in a week Bug. ;)

Best of luck with low-carbing this time honey, it really really has worked out well for me, and you sound so focussed that it'll be a good thing for you too. x

Worked my way backwards through your thread a bit, and loved that woman's post about being fat and feeling got at, thanks for that.

LOL, well, er, hoping it isn't all fat, and yet thinking it IS within the bounds of possibility to put that on in a week Bug. ;)

Best of luck with low-carbing this time honey, it really really has worked out well for me, and you sound so focussed that it'll be a good thing for you too. x

Worked my way backwards through your thread a bit, and loved that woman's post about being fat and feeling got at, thanks for that.

Sure it will drop off you this week when you get back to it Clare :D

Yep, just have to get back into the zone Bren, thanks petal. x

wull you stop posting such interesting stuff when i am too busy to come on and read it all?
i keep having to read your diaries backwards!

some stuff to make me think there, hmm....

Morning Rose :wavey:

Waterworks said:

I love it too. I'm not sure I could ever put up such a strong defense of myself but I'm so glad someone is.

Haha and as for interesting things... I just ramble and overthink things a lot. Terrible how dieting takes over your brain, isn't it. I could write a dissertation in diets right now.

Moorning from my train, Jim.

Evening Rosebug, how was your monday? :)

Kat1e said:
Evening Rosebug, how was your monday? :)

Surprisingly busy and tiring! I'm all achy now and had to grab food on the go again. I think I must seem like a burger maniac but I'm quite sick of them honestly. Need to source some subways on my various routes, for salads.

Well I had a 2 egg omelette at 2am this morning so I think I'll put 1g carb of it toward yesterday and 1 toward today.

Food today:

2am omelette
1g

Atkins choc shake
2g

Big tasty burger no bun but scrape of sauce
4g

Tea
4g

Steak, asparagus, mushrooms
3g

2squares G&B
2g

Total: 16g

Hello Rose, you do seem to be always on the move, must make planning your food quite hard work, at least I can take my cool bag into work, we have a microwave so I am sorted for most things.

There is literally nothing legal I can eat in the canteen at college, no microwave to use either and I have difficulty eating things like cheese, meat and eggs unless they come straight from the fridge - I get squeamish about food really easily, can't even store boiled eggs in the fridge overnight.

I actually didn't eat burgers or sausages for years because I got squeamish about them. I still almost never eat sausages and can't eat burgers if the mince is big enough that I might get a bit of gristle in there. I can't eat mince on it's own (or chilli, lasagna, spaghetti Bol, etc). I don't like meat in sauce - I can't eat chicken tikka masala so I either have paneer masala when not low carbing, or tandoori chicken pieces.

I can't eat processed meat slices as wet meat makes me gag... When I cook eggs I have to remove the germ from the yolk or I can't eat it...

Lol I guess you could say I'm a fussy eater! When not on low carb I eat a lot of quorn in tomato sauce as quorn makes me a lot less squeamish than meat does. But I don't like it plain so it's not much good for induction level Atkins.

Subway salads with salami (the one processed meat I eat, as it's not wet) should be okay, and if I have time at Waterloo I grab prawn snack packs or crispy bacon, they're always good.

....oh look, I'm rambling again.

Oh god, must be horrendous! I am a bit fussy about some things, and boo to my missus on Saturday - while I was nursing my hangover she was eating tripe - bleurggggggggggggg :(

Morning Rose, how are you with salami, or roast beef slices?

Back