Rosebug's Diary [back on the chain gang~]

Enjoy your movie :)

Aww tangled made me cryyyyyy. I bought a chicken salad from chipotle - mexican chicken, lettuce, a few peppers, a little salsa, sour cream and cheese. No idea how many carbs to be honest but I shouldn't think it can be more than 10 or so... Well I hope. Very tasty but I am still wistful about popcorn at the cinema. And I bought two sweetened waters at marks and spencer's and can't get either bottle open! Gasping.

Just checked the ingredients online and I think I'm roughly right but am upping my carb estimate to 14g just in case. May be a slightly over 20g day today, sigh.

Yes, I suppose so. It can be very tricky to find things to eat on the go in London, especially hot things which I need on days like today.

Food today:

Mcdonalds sausage and egg bagel, minus the bagel.

2g?

Atkins choc shake
2g

Chipotle chicken salad
14g ???????

Tea
2g

Mcdonalds hamburger no bun
2g?

TOTAL: 22g

Might be slightly higher might be slightly lower. I am getting very sick of maccy d's. Any suggestions for hot, legal, easy to eat grab on the go and take in the bus type things?

Lol, well burger type things are often all I can grab so I'm very used to eating them without the bun/bagel/muffin etc etc. Luckily most fast food bread is the pappy white stuff I don't much like anyway - cinnamon raisin bagels in marks were far more tempting! Didn't get them though obviously.

I have to say, I may be 6 weeks in with 0 cheats but I am thinking about carby food more and more right now.

Morning Rosebug
Have you got anything lined up for the weekend? We are on Island now and offically on leave which feels quite nice. We are supposed to be out a lunch every day at pubs - guess i will have to avoid unknown sossie and burgers and stick to steak or chicken lol!

You have been good not cheating. Hang in there - you know that carbs are too moreish!

Xx

Well my ketostick was still reassuringly dark today so it looks like Mr. Salad wasn't that bad an idea. Phew.

No plans for the weekend, Katie. Just back from visiting my gran and will probably visit her again tomorrow. That's my exciting social life for you.

I think unknown burgers are probably reasonably safe? You don't get many burgers higher than a couple of carbs. It's those evil sausages that need to be watched out for! Sadly the only type of sausage I really like are the terrible cheapy ones. I've never eaten them much, though. Just not a big sausage fan.

Now bacon? Bad Jew that I am, is a totally different matter ;)

Re: cheating:

What is helping me not cheat is deciding on a planned 3 or 4 days off in April. There's no major reason for it, other than loving novelty easter goodies the shops all have in, and when i get there I might even decide to move it back to May when we traditionally go to the local country show and I might want something there. However, when I want a slice of pizza, or I'm in marks buying steak and crispy bacon and the pastries tempt me (I don't even like bready foods or pastries that much but the smell and look is what gets me, the experience of eating them a lot less so) I just tell myself that in April I can have what I want. If I want to go out and get a box of donuts, fine. If I want to have pizza one night and chips the next, okay. If it's just those 4 days and then I'm back on solidly until my birthday, at which point I hope to be close to goal, it won't hurt me, and in the meantime it stops me feeling like i MUST have that carby thing now or I will NEVER have it again. Of course I will. I really want a toasted sandwich from the college cafe, but I can have one next term, it's not an issue.

Of course pride comes before a fall and there are days and times when I stare at all the bad foods I want and get very very close to having it, and I'm not saying the wagon fall won't happen. But this has worked okay at stopping it so far. I'll just say aprilaprilapril over in my head.

Sorry for so many posts that are just me, today :/

Food today:

Atkins choc shake
2g

Tea
4g

slice beef
0g

pancetta and courgette in cheese sauce
6g

pork belly
0g

2 squares green + black's 85% dark choc

TOTAL : 14g

I got the pork belly out of the freezer last night, then discovered we're having roast pork tomorrow, sigh. So I shall start oinking soon.

Last edited:
Hi Rosebug
Really like you thoughts on cheating and a good way to do it. Now just have to plan something myself :)

Up early here and was just discussing with Dh - he wants chocolate, I want more wine:D

Obviously there are lots of people who plan to do it with no days off until goal but I think, for me personally, it's better to have a short planned break so I can tell myself any carby food can wait till then, otherwise I think I'd fall into the trap of feeling I'd been good all week so could just have ONE little cheat. Ultimately I think a smaller cheat once a week would end up worse for me than a big one once every few months. I don't think I'd be able to stop at just a small one, if I knew I'd be out of ketosis anyway.

I'm very glad I don't drink, I have to say. Seems to be the worst part of any diet for a lot of people. Now chocolate.... Well that's probably why I'm addicted to protein shakes right now!

I do think its a case of whatever works for you Rose and if planning a break keeps you on the straight and narrow then it has to be a good thing.

Alcohol is definitely my stumbling block with dieting. I actually blame alcohol for my weight (or rather diet coke) coz Ive never actually been a huge eater. I eat more now than I ever did before I started dieting.

4lbs lost this week! I suppose technically it evens out to 2lbs for last week and two for this as I STS last week, but it is a lovely chunky number to see on the scales.

What I did differently: Cut out all polyols and switched from sugar free squash (6 carbs in my daily intake) to perfectly clear flavoured water (0 carbs in my daily intake). Nothing else changed.

Yayy. There is lots of woo in my hoo today.

Woohoo !:D
Well done rosebug
Xx

Thank you :) Finally a reason for a smile on my face. Now, where do I place my order for the same again next week???

Food today:

Atkins strawb shake
1g

Tea
3g

Pork, 1 floret cauli cheese, cabbage mix
8g

2 squares G+B
2g

TOTAL: 14g

Hopefully I'll sleep early and won't eat more but if I have anything later it will be an omelette, max 2g carbs.

Well done on your loss this week Bug, and fascinating to read how you're keeping yourself on the straight and narrow with the promise of April. :D

This is the first time I've read your diary petal, and IMO you're VASTLY over-estimating the carbs in your food - I count a mim as 2-3g, not 8g - on a good day - cheese and eggs are virtually zero, and there are loads more over-estimates in there. Have you thought of one of the carb-counting websites at all? Names escaping me - but myfitnesspal.com might be the one Vicky uses? Anyway, you've obviously got the diet sussed, good luck with the rest of your loss. :)

Back