Rosebug's Diary [back on the chain gang~]

Morning Rosebug, hows you today?

Really looking forward to the weekend - bored of work!

Hope you have a good day :)

I'm not very well today. Came home from college early (5pm) and have been sick since I got home. Still feeling sick and living off sugar free ice lollies as they're all I can face and I need a sharp taste in my mouth.

Food:

Whey protein shake
4g

3 cups of tea
6g

4 chipolatas
2g

Burger
2g

Myoplex carb sense bar
2g

Total 16g

Plus squash - just starting on it now. 1 cherry tomato, 6 red grapes, minute slice apple, 3 sugar free calorie free lollies. Would have had these instead of the fruit if I remembered I'd had them.

Sigh, wonder if I'll be out of ketosis now.

Oh no. Sorry to hear you aren't well.
((hugss)) and get better soon!
Xx

Hi rosebug are you feeling better today? Hopefully time to recover over the weekend
Xx

Feeling a bit better. Still slightly wonky but I've eaten loads today so not nauseous anymore at least.

Fooooood today:

1/2 pack salami and spoonful cottage cheese
3g

pack of pancetta
0g

pack of prawns
0g

small amount of ham,courgette and cheese mix mum was having on her pasta
3g carbs

2 egg omelette and small fillet steak
1g carbs

peanut butter
4g carbs

tea
2g

squash
7g

20g carbs

2lb loss today, which takes me to 1 stone in my first month back on atkins, although obviously a lot of that was water weight. I'm really hoping to get 2lb per week losses, hopefully occasionally higher, for the most part next month, though I don't know if this will happen.

I've been poking around the exante forums too. I can't sole source on a TFR diet for medical reasons but if my loss ever gets stally on atkins I might try a month of their add-a-meal variant.

ANYWAY. 2lbs down, a stone lost. Not bad going.

Had a mim for breakfast today - the chocolate variant. Made it with crushed candarel instead of powdered splenda - tasted better and lower carb - reckon about 3g but will say 4g to be safe. Rest of food updated later but it's pork chops and veggies for lunch, yummers.

Well done Rosebug - sounds like 1st month has worked. Yes I am also going to have to get used to slower rate of loss - but think that also gives us time to build healthier eating habits :D

It's all about speed for me, Katie, but it has to be about sustainability, too. There wouldn't be any point my starting something radical for the crash losses if I couldn't stick to it for more than a week. The thing is, if i dont get good losses i lose motivation fast. At least I seem to be sticking out Atkins, so we'll see how February does.

Okay:

cocoa mim
4g

pork chop, leeks, cabbage medley, spoonful cauli cheese
10g

peanut butter
2g

salami and brie
1g

tea
2g

squash
7g

TOTAL: 26g

This is what happens when you let me near vegetables. I actually have no idea if it's that much from the veg, mostly a guesstimation.

Hi rosebug - i guess the leeks can be carby - depends on how much. Why dont you try using the rule of 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of other veg a day so it's easier to estimate?

Anyhow SNAP - just made myself a cocoa mim to deal with thise hunger pangs

Night night
X

I don't use the three cups/mugs idea because it doesn't make much sense to me? The cauli cheese was bought and is 15g ish for a pack - I had two smallish florets which I think was less than half a pack - but you could get half or more of a pack in a mug easily. I had a couple of spoonfuls of leeks and for my guesstimate used the carb amount for one whole leek which I don't think I had, but it is hard to tell because they cook down a lot. 3 cooked leeks would be over 7g and would fit in a mug with room to spare - plenty of room. The cabbage was also bought and had a sauce on it - 2.2g for half a pack, I believe, and I don't think I had that much, a couple of spoonfuls. But half a pack or a little more would be a mug full and it doesn't cook down much... So one mug of any if those could be from 3g carbs to almost 15g. The system makes no sense to me.

And if it's supposed to be a cup as raw (so less when cooked) it doesn't help me much when someone else has cooked it and it's not in neat portions.

I suppose I just don't understand the system and feel a need to know more about what I'm eating than just hoping a mugful will be a certain amount.

Sob I hope this makes sense, just woke up for uni after not much sleep.

Hey honey. how are things today x

Apart from overthinking vegetables? :) Not bad, not bad. Very tired as I just didn't want to sleep last night, and continually frustrated with the canteen at college but am eating the bacon from a bacon roll bought first thing this morning and will give the bread to the birds in the park. How are you hon?

Food today:

2 cups of tea
4g

1 pack marks crispy bacon
0g

Scratchings
0g

3 slices fried bacon from a bacon roll, with a few clingy breadcrumbs i couldnt get off.

2g

quarter rotisserie chicken
0g

Thornton's diabetic choc
says 1g, I suspect more like 5 in terms of impact

Squash
7g

TOTAL: 18g

Though I'm probably going to have another cuppa and some 0 or nearly 0 carb snacks shortly. Not an ideal day with the diabetic choc but it was a 30g bar from rations not a huge binge. Also haven't actualy drunk all my squash yet but working on it -

I found some water with flavouring called perfectly clear. As I recall we were allowed it on cambridge. It claims to have 0 carbs. I'm wondering about trying it instead of squash for a bit.

And I got some unsweetened soya milk so maybe I'll count my tea as 1g when I use that?

Addendum

1. soya milk in tea is YUMMY and so low carb I think I'm safe counting as 1g per cup from now on, when i'm having tea at home?

2. snacking on salami, a couple of baby cornichons and emmental cheese, so along with my cuppa lets say that's 3g extra to add to my total. Yummy.

Im ok my love...canteens are never really great places - dont know what they put in anything do you :( and yes bacon and eggs is really the only safe thing!
I like that perfectly clear water - give it a go!

and soya milk in tea is yak (IMO lol)

I must say i think you are fab doing this at college it must be sooo hard when everyone else is eating carbs galore. Well done you xxxx

I just sit around feeling sorry for myself a lot vicky! I could absolutely murder a slice of fruitcake. Had a nice cinnamon mim this morning but it's not quite the same, and the trouble with college is i literally can't eat most of the time or my stomach might be noisy in lectures, so I'm stuck sustaining myself on tea.

The canteen really is rubbish though. Last time I went and looked because I was starving and hoped there might be roast meat there were battered fish balls, a pasta bake, a frittata with potato in.... really all there is suitable for me is cucumber and grated cheese.

Today:

Cinnamon mim
3g

3 egg omelette, 1.5 oz cheddar, chives
3g

5 strips pancetta, fried cabbage, leek and tiny bit of cauli cheese left from Sun
8g

hot choc made with green and blacks and soy milk
3g

3 teas
4g

TOTAL : 21gish. Guesstimated really. No count for squash as I've been drinking perfectly clear.

Hang in there rosebug - you are doing really well and must be very frustrating with such a rubbish canteen
Xx

yes cant believe they dont have better salads!

The salad is a buffet kind of thing but it has rice, pasta, sweetcorn, beetroot, carrot.... Really the only things I know would be safe are cucumber and lettuce, and I don't know what's in any if the dressings. So it's a bit of a waste of my time even looking. The uni is set in a lovely area but walking into town to get something else takes 20 mins each way and there aren't really any marvelous options for someone eating alone in town either - that I've found so far, at least.

Back