Rosebug's Diary [back on the chain gang~]

Hi Rosebug. You do sound despondent - i hope that it is just the sf sweeties so you can get straight back to it. I am hoping for a couple of pounds off this week - my sts last week was deserved post carbfest but i have tried really hard this week so fingers crossed.

Have you seen the thread somewhere about what stalls people - seems like quite a lot of things can do it. True test is lean and green as jim would say! Keep going - it will work :D

Yup, I posted in that thread and already knew polyols had stalled me in the past, so I really am an idiot.

Food today:

Peanut butter
3g

3 slices edam and a little wasabi mayo
1g

cups of tea
4g

duck, cabbage, 2 small florets cauli cheese
5g

Squash
6g

2 squares green + black 85 percent choc
2g

Total:21g

morning love :)
the darkness on the ketostix could mean dehydrated - how many litres of water/fluids you having per day? do the sf drinks you are having have citric acid in? thats one of my big stallers .

you have done amazingly well to lose that weight love and people who dont compliment you on that more are not worth it.
sometimes i just want to come and give you a great big hug!
going to read that slog thing in a min when it loads up.

hope your day is a good one xxx

Nope, not dehydrated - that's what confused me really. I drink 3-4 litres a day easily and my wee is really light (what a lovely topic!) so the stix managing to be so dark is odd to me.

Yep most of my drinks have citric acid in, but I can't find alternatives without it that I like. I've used the same drinks through atkins last time and while doing cambridge and have lost weight at good rates so hopefully it's not a staller because I can't drink plain water. I am switching more from squash to perfectly clear water and some of that doesn't have citric acid in. It is also lower carb. However I don't like it much and I need to like it to be able to drink enough, so a bit of a vicious circle really.

I don't mean to come on here and complain all the time! I suppose because no one else but my mum knows I'm dieting I can't complain elsewhere and it's a very emotional up and down kind of thing, losing weight. It's just frustrating to have lost so much and still be an 18, not an 8!

whay cant you drink plain water (im nosey arent i?)

thats what we are here for..to listen and be shoulders :) its great on here i love being able to tell people things i dont tell my friends. (well some on here are some of the best friends ive got)

Yes it is frustrating but you could still be that 9 stone heavier!!! should be proud of yourself"

Plain water makes me gag, Vicky. I don't know what it is. I've tried forcing myself when I've been on certain diets before but I really need a strong flavour in any liquid to be able to get it down. The only times I've managed to drink water plain have been when I've been nil by mouth for a week after surgery and any liquid was like heaven! But as soon as I was in recovery I couldn't stomach water anymore. It's weird. I just find it picks up the flavours of whatever is in my mouth and if that's meat or something I don't want to keep tasting it, and then the whole bottle gets contaminated with that taste and ugh. Gag.

To be honest after illness and panic disorder keeping me stuck in the house for a few years I'm pretty socially awkward in real life. Getting better, but still far too self aware and self conscious, so it's much much easier to talk to people online. I always join forums when I'm dieting because the community really helps you want to stay on track. And it's lovely here even if I'm sort of in my own quiet little section.

Foooood today:

2 poached eggs, 6 slices pancetta

(1g)

cinnamon mim with butter
(4g)

peanut butter
(3g)

tea
(3g)

pork chop
(0g)

2 squares G+B 85% choc
(2g)

squash 1/2 bottle
(3g)

perfectly clear water
(0g)

TOTAL: 16g

Haven't finished my mim yet, might have an omelette or something later as I'll be staying up to watch House at 2am.

Evening rosebug - hope you are enjoying the G&B choc. Sounds absolutely delish :D
I haven't had any real choc since I started (excluding the dessert that one night lol) - not sure how long that can really continue. The little spoon of cocoa in last nights pud took the edge away.

DH even bought a bar which is sitting waiting for the moment we crack....!:rolleyes::p

It's a very very tiny amount of 85% cocoa solids dark chocolate. I'm not a huge fan if dark choc but it's nice to have something as a treat and as it's so low GI and has no instant hit type sugar or sugar alcohols in it, I figure it's better to spare 2 carbs for 2 squares than have polyols and pretend they're carb free when in fact they probably have a much worse impact. I wouldn't go over 2 squares per day, which is about 2 centimeters of chocolate really.

Glad you are enjoying the treat and avoiding frakenchoc!
Xx

Hopefully it's better than 'the frankenchoc, anyway! I'm surprised I don't find it too bitter, that's usually my problem with dark choc.

Your tastes change dont they, and so less sweet stuff tastes sweeter than it did, works in reverse too, after a couple of days off the wagon atkins bars taste rank.
Yet in the zone they're the tastiest thing ever :D

On the Dukan fron the flavoured waters and squash are a no due to the fruit content (though now he's adding goji berries that argument holds less water).
Can you drink cooled down fruit teas?

OMG have just got my order from the lowcarbmegaexpensivestore. I ordered a box each of the USA atkins choc and strawberry shakes for breakfasts - they contain no sugar alcohols, only sweetened with sucralose, and have less carbs than my powdered protein shakes.

ANYWAY. Haven't tried one yet because I also ordered a dietimeal ready to drink choc shake. 1.5g carbs in the carton, no sugar alcohols, only sweetened with sucralose and less wacky ingredients than the atkins shake. I'm having it now.

IT IS DELICIOUS.

It tastes just like a cambridge choc shake, which I always loved, and is really thick and filling like the cambridge shakes were, too. It's so nice I'm now seriously disappointed I have the atkins shakes to work through - I'm just going to order loads of these as soon as they're done with. They're cheaper than atkins shakes too, at £1.45.

I can't believe I've finally found a shake I really love. And at 100 calories and 1.5g carbs it seems a good deal all round.

On the Dukan fron the flavoured waters and squash are a no due to the fruit content (though now he's adding goji berries that argument holds less water).
Can you drink cooled down fruit teas?

That's what I thought re: dukan and fruit juices. Mind you I've had squash while on cambridge and atkins before and always lost well. I don't think I am reactive to citric acid so I'm not honestly hugely worried, but it's good to have the perfectly clear flavoured water as they're 0 carbs while my squash was 6g carbs a day.

I could probably drink sweetened cooled down fruit tea, but it's not very convenient on the go ;)

Still showing dark purple on my ketostix. I am feeling okay about this week so far. Please please let me get a decent loss.

oh i love the atkins choc shakes :) what else did you get???

when is weigh in love?

I hated the UK atkins choc shakes so will see if the US ones are better, but either way think I am going to go with these new dietimeal ones once I've used up the shakes I've got from dr A. Cheaper AND yummy.

I got:
1 dietimeal RTD choc shake
4 atkins USA strawberry shakes
4 atkins USA milk choc shakes
Dietimeal low carb pancake mix (for pancake day).

I weigh in on Sundays Vicky. Stayed the same last week ): that's why i'm cutting out the polyols.

Food today:

Dietimeal Shake
1.5g

1/2 mim
2g

salmon, watercress, snow pea omelette
6g

tea
4g

perfectly clear water
0g

TOTAL 13.5g

Last edited:
ooh i got the pancakes too :) and maple syrup :) woooo

Have you tried them? I hope they're nice! I'll have splenda and a squeeze of lemon I think.

Well, tired now and up early, and still too full from my omelette to have the chicken so I'll save that for tomorrow. *edits days food*

Morning Rosebug :D
Hoep you have a good day :)

As if by magic, a Rosebug appears...

Decided to join the Atkins forum diaries as this is where I spend my time and Atkins is the closest thing to what I am doing right now.

Hello!

Meanwhile, food for today. It hasn't been the best day - had a weird vomit taste in the back of my mouth all day. Not sure if it was the strawberry Atkins shake I had, though it tasted perfectly fine to me. I ended up having two shakes as I couldn't stomach actual food.

Atkins strawberry shake
1g

2 slices bacon, 1 cheesestring
(bacon was from a roll & had a few clingy breadcrumbs)
3g

Tea
3g

1.5 skinless chicken breast marinated in soy and garlic and mirin, handful mushrooms.
3g

Atkins choc shake
2g

2 squares green & black 85% dark choc
2g

TOTAL: 14g

Might have an omelette or something if hungry later though.

Last edited:
Back