Royal Purple's Weight Loss Chronicles- Week Two 2.7lbs Gone!

Royal Purple

I've been trying to restart CD for the longest time, and for the past few days I've gained so much weight and being so put out thinking about how I was so much lighter in the past and how much time/money I've wasted.

It's been really depressing for me over the past few years and this time round I'd do anything to get out of this. I'm so sick of hating myself and hiding at home because I'm too afraid to face the world. I don't want to be looking on at other girls wishing I were as skinny as them anymore. I want to BE them.

Well, not really BE them, just become as skinny and thin as them. I swear, some people are just so lucky. They can eat all they want, not sweat a drop, never have had to worry seriously about their weight before, and still remain so skinny.
:raincloud:

Anyways, just had my weigh-in today. I still have about 40lbs to go.. To think just a few days ago it was 37lbs, but I just had to binge like a stupid pig to raise the bar by that much.

Interesting topic on Cambrdige Diet Forum

Just read about this thread in the CD forum about the 50 reasons/incentives to keep us going. It was really cool and so I thought I'd take out the ones that really applied to me, add on to the list, and make my very own 50 Reasons.

10 REASONS TO KEEP ON GOING WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH
  1. Show up skinny friends from school and everyone who's ever teased me about my weight.
  2. Not hate my own reflection anymore
  3. Make friends/family jealous that you are doing something about your weight, not just talking about it.
  4. Not have to go to clothes shops and just think "I'll buy that when I'm thin", and then still not be able to buy it months down the road.
  5. Able to openly contemplate a navel piercing without fearing that people will mock you in their minds.
  6. Not be the biggest amongst all my friends anymore.
  7. Able to eat in public without worrying that people are thinking, "No wonder she's that size!"
  8. Not aviod family gatherings/dinners anymore just because I feel too fat and ugly too meet anyone.
  9. Not have any more 'Hysterical Weigh-ins' where I gain huge amounts of weight constantly over a period of time, and then sit in a corner and sob through the night because I'm at wits' end as to how to lose the remaining pounds.
  10. No more yo-yo dietings! No more dieting and exercising to lose weight that I have previously lost, over and over again!
Yep, that's about it for the moment but I should think that's enough. I really wanted the list to be short and have pointers that really stick it to the bull's eye, and all the reasons above do mean loads to me personally!

Shall update about the day later, haven't been a great day one, loads of eating, but I think on CD, motivation matters alot, and I'm having more of that now than when I started this morn!

Wrap up on Day 1

Well I know I only just posted moments ago but I wanna just call it an early day (I know it's only 8pm lol).

Todayy was, mediocre, if we're judging by SS standards cos I've been sneaking food here, there and everywhere. But thing is, I've been goring down food like a pig for the past 2.5 days, so I guess it's a good start that I'm cutting down on my food intake lil by lil first.

I know I should have prep week to do that but I'd really like to just go head on into it, and I wouldnt mind a Week One that is a mixture of preperation and SS, just hope that SS comes soon enough.

Anyways, today was well I guess, if I don't ruin it all tonight. Tomorrow, I aim for 2 replacements at least, but of course, I'm gonna try to hit all 3. :)

NIGHT!:character00255:

I love your list:)

Keep moving forward as I have found you do get back into the diet eventually.

You can do it!

Love Mini xxx

Start of Day 3-Feeling refreshed

I'm not sure if it's because it's the start of the new week or because it's day 3 and I'm slowly easing into CD, but I woke up today feeling highly motivated and happy! I know it's only Day 3 and I'm not supposed to be taking my weight so early on but I did anyways and....

I've lost 6lbs! :D

I never thought I'd be using that icon ever but I am now! I've always been so superstitious about writing of my happy moments cos I'm so sure I'd totally jinx it and everything will fall apart but then today I thought, superstitions are just completely copswallop innit! there's no basis behind it and it totally sets this invisible boundary around everything you do, and most of the time, let's face it, we believe in superstitions just to make ourselves feel better! so, to hell with self-jinxes and superstitions! (ain't supposed to believe in them either, accordin to religion ;))

Well, will be surfin around the internet, maybe drop by the gym later as well if I'm still feelin THAT motivated lol..tatas!

Feeling So Hungry, Can't Stop Picking

Sigh. What a day, starts out good, ends so bad. Guess it's TOTM, went to the gym but all of a sudden halfway through I felt so dejected so I left. Spent only a little more than an hour there in the end. Then throughout the entire day I kept picking and picking at food. My weight definitely went up cos I took it in the afternoon. I attributed it to TOTM, but then I picked so much for the rest of the day I'm sure I really gained in the end after all.

SIIIGGGGHHHHH :break_diet:

Okay, here's the thing: I need to get the diet straight before I start exercising before it's really no use if I exercise and then I tell myself, since I exercised I can eat. I mean, what's the use I'm just defeating the whole purpose of the exercise in the end right?

So, I'm not gonna exercise until I can get this diet right for at least 3 days in a row. Give or take.

How are you getting on? Have you considered doing AAM or 790 until you get into it. For example you could make up a small chicken salad, keep it in the fridge and when you feel the urge to pick you will have something low carb to pick at through the day that won't really affect your weightloss. Then as the days go by you might feel the urge to pick fades as it isn't 'forbidden' anymore. Let us know how things are going.:)

Hi RP,

Just read your posts, I'm sorry to hear anyone sounding do sad:sigh: I really hope you've got back on track. You're very hard on yourself, afterall a gain of 3lb is not 'raising the bar' dramatically; a few days and you'd soon have that off again.

Be as kind to yourself as you would others. Let us know how you're getting on.

Thanks Girls!! (WEEK 1 RESULTS)

hey guys, thanks so much for those messages.. Your messages really helped me to see things better. Cheb thanks so much seeing how I am to myself from another person's point of view really makes things much clearers, and Splash, I think ur idea is a really good one. I'll make a salad and keep in the fridge for 'chewing' moments. Really hope to make it through. :) thanks so much for your support..

Anyways, it's one week down. Lost 4.8lbs, and am really glad for it. Must admit it has been on heck of a disaster week. Hope this one turns out better cos I'm switching to 790. I'd love to do SS and wouldn't rule it out forever, I'm just not doing it now because I just can't get myself to do it at the moment. Well, will update soon again!

Just One Pound of Fat

Okay I've finally tracked this one down. Really good motivational purposes lol.

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

Thanks for posting this - it really spoke to me. So much so that I have printed it off to take to show my LL class. We are all particularly guilty in my Development class of the "ONLY 1 pound" comments and I think this would be really helpful to everyone.
Thanks again
Laura

Back