RTM

tryin again

I know that doing RTM is the best way to complete the LL journey but I am going to struggle with the cost of things soon as i am noe a newly single mother! What i'm interested in is how much CBT you have during this time? I understand that you start off very slowly starting with 3 food packs but is there any other way of slowly introducing food? I am fully aware of the benefits of completeing the whole plan and in an ideal world i definately would, however i'm not sure if this is going to be possible and don't want to undo all my hard work by not doing things properly. Any advice?

If you have no other options: do still try to obtain a RTM booklet from your LLC for general tips and information about the different food groups and what they do.

RTM in itself is a concept. It doesn't NEED to involve the foodpacks; but it helps us MENTALLY to have them there. It's about a slow and gradual learning to have control over your own eating habits. It's about learning to take responsibility and almost re-learning how to do it by yourself for the long-term.

If you must substitute your foodpacks; make sure it's a well balanced light meal. Counting your calories will also help. Each meal should not exceed about 150-200 calories. And for the first 2-4 weeks day totals should be about 800. Weeks 5-8: 1000-1200. 8-12: 1200-1700.

Ummm, for light meal ideas have a poke around the Lighter Life Lite forum: we had to pretty much "substitute" a foodpack for food, so it may be helpful to look for ideas there.

For the first 8 weeks or so of your own RTM I would suggest staying away from heavy carbs such as rice/pasta/bread/potatoes and have a look at substituting them with other alternatives.

If you'd like some meal ideas or any other sort of questions about well.. food - please do post within the RTM forum since we're not really supposed to mention food here! :D

Back