Rufus Wainwright - Prima Donna

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Off to the Opera tonight!!!! First time for everything they say....so, nice little treat. It is a freebie from work, and need to meet at Grado's Tapas Bar beforehand for Tapas and drinks!!!

I have told the organiser that I cant eat, so she has kindly told the waiters not to bother me!!

Just looking forward to getting out and a bit of me time! Will let you know how it goes.....heard different reviews, so not sure what to expect at all.

Lucky thing! Would love to see this but am so rarely at home I couldn't get to see any of Manchester International Festival.

Have a fab time, would love to hear how you enjoy the opera. Looks really good, there was an Imagine programme on BBC1 last week about Rufus and writing the opera.

Scotsmist I hope you have a great time. Opera wow as you say first time for everything!! Enjoy the evening and fill us in when you get back x

Hi scotsmist,
at this stage you will have gone to the opera but here's hoping you had a great time, you deserve a nice treat.
Doirin

wow cool! hope you had a fab time! i can't wait to go to my first opera!! let us know how it was xxx

Hi Folks

WEll,,,,,strange as strange goes regarding Opera!! It was a little on the mmmmm...wierd side, but then again Rufus isnt exactly a normal person persay.

It was a lovely evening and the female lead was absolutely amazing.

I FORGOT my specs,,,,,so, could hardly see the TV screens to know what they were singing about, but luckily there were binoculars to hire!

If anyone in Manchester, it is a good evening, albiet a little strange in places and my hubby (who has been to many Operas in his time), says it wasnt the best he had seen or heard, but for my first I thought it broke me in gently ;-)

It is a story about a very famous Opera singer who, after six years is making a comeback, but she has demons to address after the last time she appeared in public went disasterously wrong. As I say, a good evening, but very strange indeed!!!

Back