Rules regarding General anaesthetic and SS/CD

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by blue_grapefruit, 15 February 2008 Social URL.

1. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

What are they dudes?

I'm just having a lil panic and need to know the deal before i go to the dentist next week :cry:
    Currently on SS...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

bg will you be likely to have general anaesthetic rather than local????

4. blue_grapefruit

i cant be awake if they take my wisdom teeth out. Would seriously freak out!

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh bless you!!! good luck with it ... apparently you are supposed to get your glycogen levels up before having general - but check with CDC/head office for official line and let us know.

6. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    Not sure about the general anaesthetic thing. But I had 2 of my wisdom teeth taken out by a local, I was crapping myself before I went but it really wasn't as bad as I thought and one was only partially errupted.

7. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    dont think you can be in ketosis for a general anaesthetic hun but I aint no expert. im sure a cdc will be along soon xx

8. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    im sure mommysue was advised to come off cd for her hysterectomy. i know thats a much more major operation but why not pm her and see what advise she was given.

9. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Poor you - I had 2 of my wisdom teeth out in the dentists chair, tho I was knocked out for it but it was over really quickly... I didnt even need stitches... I guess when you visit the dreaded dentist, he'll be able to advise what level of surgical requirement he believes you will require.... I assume you'll be on a liquid diet after if he have all 4 removed???? Oh poor thing, I bid you good luck xxxx

10. blue_grapefruit

Thanks guys. I think it was "come out of SS ftwo weeks before, and 3 months afterwards"

I can't read the replies about having your teeth out - making me quite tearful! Ive never been scared of the dentist, yet the thought of having some partially erupted teeth out is freaking me out!

My thoughts have been "ignore the pain and it'll go away". Tis not working....:(

11. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    Honestly Leah it's not as bad as it sounds. I suffered in agony for months prior to getting mine out. Like I said before I was terrified before I went but it was fine. I know the suffering your going through at the minute and believe me the extraction is nothing in comparison.

12. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    leah, I can understand having to come off two weeks before - but really three months afterwards? seems a bit excessive

13. blue_grapefruit

i know! thats why i wanna find out if its troooooo!

14. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just thought for the pot......

I thought that many people embarked on VLCD prior to weightloss surgery??????? And, how many gastric band fitted people can only eat small liquids immediately after surgery....????

I didnt know that you werent allowed to SS after surgery.......?

15. Slimseaa

Slimseaa Silver Member

Hi All, sorry I am in the same boat. I am having 3 wisdom teeth taken out next month! I have been on LighterLife for the last 5months, I am having Oral surgery at the hospital and have asked to be knocked out totally, however I may change that and be awake. What does everyone else think?

Also are you all saying that one needs to come off their Liquid diet before having surgery? Sorry to ask, just wondering!

16. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

leah - have gas - i used to have to have it everytime

17. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Have some gas and a bit of 'jungle juice' to top it up. It'll be like having a few to many voddies without the hangover! Nowadays they try to steer away from the full monty unless they have to. I'm sorry about the other post! I didn't read this one first! Hugs and kisses to you
    :ignore::sign0007::flowers::patback::giveup::grouphugg:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Starvin Marvin

Starvin Marvin Banned

My cousin is a dentist and she was telling me there is some gas they give which gives some patients EROTIC DREAMS - there have been lots of cases of dentists being wrongly accused of interfickering with patients when under the influence of this.... so unless you fancy your dentist, maybe better just have a jag, eh?:D

20. Slimpossible

Slimpossible Is posting like mad!

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    did we ever get a definate answer to this? I am due to have a tooth extracted, unfortunately my mouth doesn't open very wide so I have to have general I can't go off for 3 months after, I am feeling very depressed at the thought of it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.