Rum & Raisin Ice Cream

hi guys, I am new to minimins and this is my first post, but I have done sw a few times in the past and found it really works for me and am enjoying the great recipes and advice on here. I have just made my own rum and raisin ice cream

1 pot of toffee mullerlight
2 pots of vanilla mullerlight
around a handful of raisins
and 3 tsp of rum flavouring

i know that this would be lower in syns than the recipe on the sw website but not sure how many syns there are in raisins. I knew they would have some but from what I can find online they seem quite high :eek:
not too sure but have just eaten the whole thing lol and have had around 8 syns already today
any advice would be great
thanks carrie

Sounds tasty but raisins are 4 syns / 28g so, you'd better weigh your "handful" so you can be sure of the full cost of the treat :D

thats great yeh i heard that b4 yikes that is a lot lol never mind i'll know for next time thanks.
N yes it was a real luxury after a hard day x

Sounds delicious! If I make something like that I tend to cut the raisins into quarters and soak them in a bit of water for an hour before I use them. It plumps them up and seems to let out the flavour, you need less and they spread out better through your dish because the pieces are smaller. Fiddly but worth it I reckon! Hope that helps...

Back