Runnin trainers

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi

I'm looking for a bit of advice!

I've recently been the the USA and had my feet assessed for running trainers i bought a pair of Nike trainers after the lady advised me!

I've been out on my second run outside ever and second in those shoes (double distance) and I've come back with blisters! Not so much on my instep slightly higher up towards the ball of my foot! 7k

I did notice as I was running my foot was sliding/leaning into the middle of my trainer - does this mean they don't fit?!

Or is it blisters are skin hardening and wearing in?! Should I buy some insoles or something?! I cants afford another pair of expensive trainers within a month!! Thanks x

After reading online I think I have an over pronation in my gait so can buy insoles has anyone tried them?! X

Last edited:
I have innersoles in my trainers. I also wear proper running socks, which do help prevent blisters.
If you can feel your foot sliding then would recommend the soles. I had gait analysis at Sweatshop whilst having the soles fitted.

Re your inner soles orthodotics?!
Designed to support your arch or normal material insoles?!

See she never watched me run sorta discussed my run foot and arch with me!

I'll invest in some running socks too! X

The soles are ones moulded to the shape of your foot. I started with knee pain, but since wearing the soles I have not had any problems. I believe they last longer than 3-4 pairs of trainers would, so a good investment. Would recommend having gait analysis at the same time.

Ah I've just invested in a relatively cheap pair not moulded to my foot but designed to sort out a over pronate - I will invest in a more expensive pair if these help was a bit concerned about spending lots of money incase they didn't help!

So are yours specifically moulded to your foot?! Where did you get yours?! X

I paid about £35 for them, but yes they are moulded to your foot. It helps a lot if you over pronate. You can get them in most running shops, I went to Sweatshop. If you have an option choose a running shop with a treadmill, so they can check your running form.

Thanks for the tips :) I will def go in and get it sorted it just a relief I don't have to spend out another £100+ on new trainers twice in one month!!! :D xx

Back