Running question - c25k

Helly

Hi, just been reading about the c25k plan and I'm going to give it a try.

My problem is that I have a 6 year old and a 9 month old. Plus my hubby works police shifts. Getting time to myself is near impossible except once the kids are in bed. But then I'm limited to staying in the house!

So my question is...is running on the spot effective?

I'd love to give this a try :) Thanks for any help x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, great that you want to give C25K a go.
I understand about the problems running when you have children. I had a similar problem, my daughter is 2 1/2.
I was running once a week for the first part of the program then my hubbie bought me a treadmill from Argos, (they are quite often on sale). This made life so much easier.

The number of calories you will burn by running on the spot depends on your weight. The heavier you are, the more calories you will burn.

A 150-pound person will burn about 550 calories running on the spot for an hour and a person who weighs 180 pounds, will burn about 670 calories during an hour of running on the spot.

Increasing the speed at which you run on the spot will increase the number of calories burned. More energy is needed to move your feet faster.

Running on the spot regularly produces health benefits for your heart, lungs, muscles and skeletal system.

Hi, great that you want to give C25K a go.
I understand about the problems running when you have children. I had a similar problem, my daughter is 2 1/2.
I was running once a week for the first part of the program then my hubbie bought me a treadmill from Argos, (they are quite often on sale). This made life so much easier.

what a lovely hubby you have :p xx

Back