Running while sick!!

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by ** Just Jools **, 4 November 2008 Social URL.

1. ** Just Jools **

** Just Jools ** Slow & steady does it!!!!

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(26.2%)
    Does anybody know if I should carry on going to the gym if I'm sick?!

Dumb question you might think but it's just a cough/cold & it sounds a lot worse than it is. I'm not sick enough to be off work & I want to go to the gym but a guy at work said I could be doing myself more harm than good if I'm not well. :sick:

I'll see if I can catch a trainer at the gym when I go tonight to see what they think but I just wondered if anybody had been warned off exercise by their doc/trainer when they've been ill.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. allyday

allyday Member

Diet:
    No particular diet
    If you feel up to it maybe just take it easy and do half your workout? Would definately try and ask a trainer :) xx

4. Mr_Wombat

Mr_Wombat Gold Member

Yeah, ask the staff at the gym :)

Sounds like you'll be okay as long as you don't over do it.

5. Twinksy

Twinksy Member

The general consensus is that if it's above the neck ie a cold, sniffles, headache etc then it's OK to carry on with your normal exercise schedule. If it's below the neck ie sickness, chesty cough, shivers, muscle aches or squity bum (sorry to have to mention it!) lay off the exercise. I have run with quite bad colds and always been fine afterwards.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.