Running

^

i find running with music or a podcast easier, i hate hearing my feet pound the floor and the music distracts me a little, the cheesier the songs the better i can keep on running.
addictive too... damn running. i love it now

I'm a music girl too, saying that though I watch tv, just on mute, was thinking I might try catching up on some old faves like greys anatomy whilst running one day!

I actually said to my boyf I liked hearing myself breath when I was running the other day and he looked at me like Id just spat at him! Haha, whatever works I guess, its just what I prefer!
I also really noticed what a bad effect drinking does to your 'training' - had some family over from Ireland at halloween and did quite abit of rum in and the first day back at the gym was horrendous - felt like my arms and legs were literally disconnected from my body! Was abit of a shock!

Alcohol is evil!

I should know by now that running after having a few vines the night before ends in tears and disappointment!

I actually said to my boyf I liked hearing myself breath when I was running the other day and he looked at me like Id just spat at him! Haha, whatever works I guess, its just what I prefer!
I also really noticed what a bad effect drinking does to your 'training' - had some family over from Ireland at halloween and did quite abit of rum in and the first day back at the gym was horrendous - felt like my arms and legs were literally disconnected from my body! Was abit of a shock!

which is why i choose not to drink alot.
last time i went out i had a bottle of vk and a pitcher to myself, but the pitcher was low alcoholic and mainly lemonade!

i dont miss drinking at the weekend, ive still got 6 bottles of cider in the fridge that have been there for monthes now.
friends think its wierd, im 23 and dont like drinking.... but ill go and buy a soft drink and still go out.

id sooner feel good when i go running the next day, not like im going to be sick :)

too be fair i dont drink anywhere near as much as i used to. i can happily go out and drink soda and lime without feeling like im missing out.
i just went abit overboard over a few days and it caught up to me. lesson learnt!!

I duno whats with me at the minute running wise, struggling to run for more than 10mins straight, I duno why - I thought it was cuz the gym is too hot and I dont like getting too hot running but its not really something I can change.
Think new tactics are needed...

I have to say alcohol is my downfall, not just for running but for weight loss really.

I use say 70% of syns (on slimming world) on alcohol and I really want to change that.

Hubby's my problem - He's drank mon night (2 rum and coke's) and vodka last night, 1 I think. I totally want to make the house drink free all week - We can't afford it really anyway!

I feel much better after having non since sun lunch time, I bet I have some by the weekend though!

Alcohol is my downfall too. Friday night is my night for unwinding with a bottle. Can also be a Saturday too, which then screws my run up for the w/e.
If I didn't drink I would eat so much healthier and run so much better......wouldn't be as much fun though, lol

Yup here too, fri night and sat is vino night! Not buying any today, that means vodka and diet coke is available but its not the same!
Perhaps a fri night off.....

I did it! No wine! I'm feeling rubbish though so that probably helped, I did have a hot toddy with a shot of whiskey but only for medicinal purposes!

Stresses of modern day life eh, drives us all the drink!? I like it when my shifts fall on a weekend so i cant drink...would tend to drink during the week cuz if i have one my bf has to have one, but he can never just have one-he drinks to get drunk mostly so i tend to avoid it at all costs during the week ! Overdone it this weekend being at home for a birthday and catching up with friends...not got my running gear with me but im gona try to go for a big walk tomorrow to at least move !

Well I have wine Sat & Sun, so not had a run :(

Going to have to get up really early in the morning now so I can run before work!!! Will be cursing the wine when the alarm goes off at 4am 2moro, lol

Thats dedication !! My body wouldnt move at a running pace at 4am !!! Good luck :)

Anyone still lurking?

Managed 4miles today, seem to be getting to that point and thinking sod it to carry on but I'm dying to do another 10k, it's only 2.2 more miles so why can't I keep going!!!

dont guve up, you can do it!

Looking back in my defence today the sky programme had finished and I was just watching a blue screen saying the programme had finished, no wonder I was bored!

Back