Russiandoll's diary - every day a Day 1

Even if you weren't on a vlcd, that is very distracting and annoying.
Does it effect any one else in the office?
Does she manage to get any work done in between her constant grazing!!
Think if you will have to say something maybe??

Even if you weren't on a vlcd, that is very distracting and annoying.
Does it effect any one else in the office?
Does she manage to get any work done in between her constant grazing!!
Think if you will have to say something maybe??

We don't get any breaks so can't 'chat' about things that annoy us - we can only have the occasional superficial chat across the desks. I have no idea if she bothers anyone else - other than the woman behind her who said to me once outside the loo she can hear her crunching a lot. The team is nice so I don't want to cause any bad feeling so I guess I'll have to just suck it up but I can quite honestly say I've never seen anyone eat as much as her. And her eating habits are quite shocking - I mean, who takes the lid off their Tupperware container full of pasta salad and licks the mayo off the lid? In Public?? I wouldn't even do that in private.

I don't think I can talk to her - or my manager. I'll just have to suffer in silence and think positively about how she's eating a squillion calories and I'm not :)

Day 4

Day 4 done and I can't believe how easy it's been compared to the three pack system. I haven't felt sick, head-achey or even particularly hungry! I think I may be in Ketosis (will check in the morning) as I've started feeling like I have a lot more energy and a sense of general 'well-being'. It's a bit of a paradox that you're eating so few calories but feel more energetic. I've always found that one of the big benefits of a VLCD.

I started the say with porridge as usual. I'm really loving the porridge with its creamy taste. I think I'd like it even if I wasn't on a diet.

A late lunch was the cookies and cream shake. Very yummy!

I had a dark choc truffle bar at the evening job ... around 7.30.

Then had mushroom pasta with bean sprouts and steamed green veg for dinner.

Still in a happy place :)

Russiandoll said:
Day 4 done and I can't believe how easy it's been compared to the three pack system. I haven't felt sick, head-achey or even particularly hungry! I think I may be in Ketosis (will check in the morning) as I've started feeling like I have a lot more energy and a sense of general 'well-being'. It's a bit of a paradox that you're eating so few calories but feel more energetic. I've always found that one of the big benefits of a VLCD.

I started the say with porridge as usual. I'm really loving the porridge with its creamy taste. I think I'd like it even if I wasn't on a diet.

A late lunch was the cookies and cream shake. Very yummy!

I had a dark choc truffle bar at the evening job ... around 7.30.

Then had mushroom pasta with bean sprouts and steamed green veg for dinner.

Still in a happy place :)

Hi so glad your feeling good :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So I've reached the weekend unscathed. Weigh in day is Monday but here's where I deviate from the plan. From the beginning I planned on 'relaxing' the diet at weekends. I work very hard in two jobs through the week and my weekends are very, very precious to me. So the plan is to wander a little without going silly and gorging on sweets and cakes.
Yesterday, I had a porridge for breakfast, a vanilla and caramel shake mid afternoon, a bar at job 2 and then in the evening I had some roast chicken breast and steamed veg instead of a pack. Oh, and 2 glasses of wine.

Today, I've had some porridge for breakfast (becoming addicted to it - I LOVE S&S porridge!!) then at about 2pm I had some bacon, eggs and sausage. Tonight I plan to have a pork loin steak and some steamed veg - and some more white wine.

I know this will knock me out of ketosis and may affect my weigh in on Monday - but if I lose 4lb in this first week instead of 7 or 8 then I'll still be happy. Because of my insulin resistance, I'm lucky if I lose 1 or 2lb even if I'm 'careful'. If I can lose a regular amount doing S&S through the week and relaxing a little at weekends then that's a regime I think I can stick with.

Doing strict SS on Cambridge for 10 months with NO break (I didn't even do an add-a-meal week) worked fantastically - but I did end up with a psychological issue with food and I'd rather not tread that path again. So let's see how this works for me. Obviously, if it's a disaster then I'll revise it - but for now, I'm enjoying my '5 on, 2 off' diet.

I think its a brilliant plan. I also 'relax' the rules at the weekend and have a few drinks. It works for me and keeps me 'on' the diet as it were x Have a lovely weekend x And I too love the S&S porridge x

Whatever works for u hun, sounds like it's going really well :)

Thanks ladies. A bit of encouragement really does go a long way.

I've enjoyed my 'un-diet' weekend although I was careful not to go crazy and throw my whole week's efforts out of the window. Today I've had a S&S porridge for breakfast, lunch was some salad and chicken and I've as yet to have dinner although I plan to have chicken chasseur with steamed veg. No wine tonight - I've had my treat and that's it for the weekend. Tomorrow I'll be back to my S&S routine. And of course, it's weigh in day! Yikes ....

Usually, on a VLCD I'd lose anything between 7 and 10lb in my first week but with my new '5 on 2 off' regime I'm anticipating less than that. Hopefully it'll be enough to keep me motivated though.

We shall see in the morning!

Well, a 6lb loss. Normally do better on week 1 of a VLCD but I can accept that as I had a non-dieting weekend. Onto week 2 :)

Hi RD I remember you from my CD journey -you were very inspirational! I am also returning to VLCD having put on 4st of the 6st lost in 2007. No point looking back! I have also had half hearted attempts at other diets. I have 3 weeks of shakes from weight to go and will use these then move to slim & save. Shakes only should kick start my new journey. Good luck !

Hi Anne-Marie - great to see you on the boards again. We're about the same weight-ish so it'll be great to share the journey with you :)

Russiandoll said:
Well, a 6lb loss. Normally do better on week 1 of a VLCD but I can accept that as I had a non-dieting weekend. Onto week 2 :)

Well done hun :)

Well done RD:happy096:

You are doing well...All the best for week 2!!!

Wk2 - Monday.
This was a bad day. A bad, bad day. Too ashamed to post what I had but let's just say it wouldn't feature on any VLCD. Drawing a line under it and moving on.

I'm struggling a lot with the eating habits of the people sitting opposite me at the night job. We start at 5pm and by 5.05 they start. Crisps, cakes, biscuits, containers of pasta salad, containers of noodles, flasks of stew, sweets, sandwiches ....

ALL of the above was eaten by the three people opposite me (one woman in particular) in a non-stop tirade of troughing last night. It's like a continuous and prolonged torture when you're on a VLCD. In fact, it's not much fun even when you're not. I'm only having a S&S bar the whole shift and the guy next to me rarely eats anything so they don't face the same situation but then they probably wouldn't care as they'd be too busy eating. I don't know what the solution is as we're all allowed to eat at our desks because we don't get any breaks so I can't even complain about it. But it's causing me four hours of psychological torture every night.

On with day 2 ...

Draw a line and jump back on

One bar is not going to keep you going hun. Take soup or a shake, chopped up veg to snack on, half a chicken breast or boiled egg. Have plenty to grab then

Have a better day xxx

I have 4 packs Rebekah - Porridge for brekkie, a shake mid afternoon, a bar at the evening job then my fourth pack when I get home. So the problem isn't with a lack of food but the mental torture of having people eating constantly in front of me for four hours solid. It irritated me even before I started the diet but infuriates me even more so now. Thanks so much for the support and encouragement - needing it right now

RD x

Back