ProPoints Ruth Is On A Mission! 22.5/50

azwethinkweiz said:
I try to hide my stretch marks and hope my OH won't notice LOL. He did start seeing me when I was over a stone heavier than this and said he loves me no matter what. But when he first knew me I was a stone lighter than this and I'm certain he fancied me more then lol. ;)
Hmm maybe something will show up in the bloods? Perhaps you're lacking in something. Sounds very painful hon!!
I'm ok. I've been signed off work and on different meds now but I'm feeling positive about it. Taking these days off to try and get better and fit for work again. The diet hasn't really been happening as I've been preoccupied with my illness but hopefully I'll simply sts rather than gain. Maybe you're just on a roll work your weight loss :) xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I'm sure that you will be fine re weight loss :) its you that you have to concentrate on :)

Can't wait to get my bloods done! Had them done so many times and they were clear but we will see as I just feel wrong!!!

My OH met me when I was 10 stone 3!!! He does talk about that time but he says he loves me just how I am!! Men eh?! Can't live with them or without them!!!

I will see how I do on Friday I have just never ever kept it off so I need to sort myself out :)

Ruth
X

Day 35
Tuesday 21st February 2012

Breakfast:
2x Lidl Bread Slices = 4PP
15g Asda Smartprice Peanut Butter = 3PP
1x Tea = 0PP
284ml Skimmed Milk = 3PP

Lunch:
40g Frosted Wheats = 4PP
Rest Of Milk Allowance
Fruit Salad- Mixed = 0PP

Dinner:
4x Bacon Rashers Fat Trimmed = 3PP
2x Eggs = 4PP
2x Tsp Brown Sauce = 1PP
2x Part Bake Rolls = 6PP
2 Tsp Flora = 1PP
Lidl Snickers Bar = 8PP
Fruit Salad = 0PP

2 Litre Bottle Coke Zero
2 Litres Of Water +

= 37/32

34/49

Activity DVD = 11
-Just Dance 30 Minutes- 3
-Zumba 40 Minutes- 8
Walking = 9
-Work & Back Through Town x3
Flabelos = 3
= 21 Total

Ruth
X

Last edited:
I put on half a lb, miffed seriously as at least half hour activity every day, but head sorted now and can see my own goal without worrieing about those around me!!
Booked holiday for July and I WILL be at goal by then!!
Going stay with 29 points for this week an if still no loss next week going to reduce to 28 and see if that helps

Hi Ruth how do you work out your zumba ap lol x

boofle said:
Hi Ruth how do you work out your zumba ap lol x

10 minutes is 1 AP and I use my purple booklet to determine its intensity :)

Hope that this helps!!!

Ruth
X

Minxymoo said:
I put on half a lb, miffed seriously as at least half hour activity every day, but head sorted now and can see my own goal without worrieing about those around me!!
Booked holiday for July and I WILL be at goal by then!!
Going stay with 29 points for this week an if still no loss next week going to reduce to 28 and see if that helps

Oh Emma!

Good on you, you sound really really motivated which is great and you will get there I'm sure of it!!!
I think your plan is great, it's all about trial and error after all :)

It's great to have something to look forward to like a holiday! Something to aim for when setting The challenge!!

Ruth
X

One hour Activity DVD feel great!!!!!

I really love the WW DVD and I've had it for ages!!!!

Ruth
X

My Slimpod Positives & Thoughts, To be completed everyday for at least 21 Days:

Day 10:

My 3 Positives:
1. Drank 2 Litres of Diet Coke and 2 Litres of Water!!!
2. Really fancied something sweet after my dinner but only had really bad stuff in!! Therefore I walked to Asda, bought myself a fruit salad and walked home!
3. Felt dreadful after another migraine but did an hours activity DVD and felt great for it!

Good day today and really positive! Completely exhausted though and looking forward to a day off tomorrow however I have lifeguard training at 7pm but I'm going to go for a swim first!

Ruth
X

Kernow Jo said:
Just dopped by to say I am very impressed with how well you are doing at the moment. Its great how motivated and positive you are. It sounds like your slimpod is having a positive effect on you hun. I have just started using the Paul Mckenna 'I can make you thin' weightloss system. Its a book, cd and 90 day journal. Full of positive thinking. I think I needed something to help me focus on why I got 'fat' in the first place, so I can work on changeing this so I can keep the weightloss off in the future. I am going to start using the cd tonight and then nightly for the forseeable future, as well as filling out the 90 day journal to keep me focused.

It was reading your post about your slimpod that gave me the idea to research and find something I could use. So thanks Ruth ! Jo x

Wow that sounds great Jo!!

No problem Im glad that I could help! It is by far the best thing that I have ever done! My overeating is partly as a result of deaths in my family when I was 11 and then bullying on top but with this Slimpod I feel so much better! I will not let my daemons get the better of me!!!

I've heard of the Paul McKenna one and I'm sure it's great!!! You are an inspiration to me with your weight loss so I'm pleased to help as much as I can :D

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth,

I'm not sure where your going for your hols but if you are flying don't get weighed as soon as you get back, flying causes water retention so you will definatly weigh up, give yourself 48 hrs before you take any notice of your weight!
Can I ask about the Zumba AP, when I use my app it only says 4 for an hr high intensity. I know other things weight height etc are factors but I've always thought 4 was low for 60mins, you have 8 I think for 40 mins how do you calculate this?

Thanks
Hope you have a fab hol, sure the bikini will look great!

Ruth as you are having lifeguard training perhaps you could help me, i can swim but will not go out of 4 foot depth due to falling in when i was 5, long time ago i know but my fear of water has stayed with me, i take my granddaughter swimming regularly and feel quite ashamed as she goes in deep end and i cannot, i was thinking of having some lessons to try to overcome my fear but feel at age 54 i may feel stupid if i am still frightened any advice would be appreciated lol x

I'm on my way said:
Hi Ruth,

I'm not sure where your going for your hols but if you are flying don't get weighed as soon as you get back, flying causes water retention so you will definatly weigh up, give yourself 48 hrs before you take any notice of your weight!
Can I ask about the Zumba AP, when I use my app it only says 4 for an hr high intensity. I know other things weight height etc are factors but I've always thought 4 was low for 60mins, you have 8 I think for 40 mins how do you calculate this?

Thanks
Hope you have a fab hol, sure the bikini will look great!

Hi!

Thanks for the post!

In my purple pocket guide book in the back it has AP tables for how many minutes exercise completed and the intensity of it! It's done for every half stone so I use the 12,7 one you work down for your current weight. For 40 mins for me, gentle exercise is 2AP, moderate is 3AP and intense is 8AP! I go also by The 10 min to 1AP rule!

I'm not flying for my holiday so that's good! Looking forward to getting into a bikini!

Hope that helps!

Ruth
X

boofle said:
Ruth as you are having lifeguard training perhaps you could help me, i can swim but will not go out of 4 foot depth due to falling in when i was 5, long time ago i know but my fear of water has stayed with me, i take my granddaughter swimming regularly and feel quite ashamed as she goes in deep end and i cannot, i was thinking of having some lessons to try to overcome my fear but feel at age 54 i may feel stupid if i am still frightened any advice would be appreciated lol x

Hiya Boofle!

Have u tried a woggle float? Looks like a long French fry! They go under your arms and are a great buoyancy aid! also can be used as 'seahorses' to sit on so great fun for The grand kids!

Don't feel silly I'm also a swimming teacher and last year taught a 65 year old to swim, a lot of people have confidence issues when it comes to water through experiences similar to your own.

I would recommend one of those floats or even two, they're really flexible for swimming on the back and the front! Most council and private pools will have some in their store cupboard!

Why not get just a couple of lessons for water confidence? Everyone has to start somewhere, don't worry about feeling embarrassed too!

I would also recommend doing a few exercises in the water to get going like 'running' and treading water which is also great exercise! It can all be made into playtime for your grandkids :)

Just take it slowly, don't run before you can walk and enjoy it!

Hope that this helps!

If I was close to you I would come and teach you myself!

Ruth
X

Kernow Jo said:
I think most of us have contributing factors that are underlying cause to us over eating. Like your self I have 'stuff' from childhood that seems to of triggered my unhealthy eating patterns. I have worked hard to lose my weight and now need to make sure it doesn't go back on so anything I can do to help me, I will do.

I am also happy to of been of help to you too. Jo x

Exactly I know what you mean!!

I have been on the Slimpod for 10 days and I don't quite know how it's happened but the temptations and odd and pessimistic thoughts that I was getting have all subsided!

It really is great!

Let me know how you get on!

Ruth
X

Thanks for the AP info, I'm doing WW on my own with just a points app so don't have access to the book, I am shorter than you tho so 4 is probably right for me :(

Thanks

I'm on my way said:
Thanks for the AP info, I'm doing WW on my own with just a points app so don't have access to the book, I am shorter than you tho so 4 is probably right for me :(

Thanks

It's only done by my weight not by my height :) its just a generic table! What were u looking to find out?

I'll have a look for you!

Ruth
X

Just finished listening to Trevor and beyond exhausted!!!!

Fell asleep actually part way through it and woke up with Rizzle Kicks on full volume :(

Sleep time now though! Will post more tomorrow!

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth for that think i will enquire about some lessons when i return from cyprus lol have good day x

You don't need many! Just a couple for confidence! My partner got thrown in when he was 6 and got into difficulty and was frightened. We go to Center Parcs quite regularly so I just gave him 2 or 3 water confidence classes and it worked a treat :)

Have a fab time in Cyprus! When do you go?

Ruth
X

Back