Ruth's Challenge- 10k for a special cause and goodbye to the Anxiety :D

Trefoil

Gold Member
Hello Everyone :) *waves*

This is my third week on Slimming World
I am a Monday weigher and attend a group on the industrial estate where I work which starts when I finish work in Wetherby (so therefore I have absolutely no excuse) and a group opposite my flat in Harrogate for bank holidays!!

I have dabbled about with SW a couple of times before, normally when I have had a comment about my weight or when it was suggested that I needed to lose weight.
Anyway, a few years have passed, lots has changed (New life, partner, job and flat!) I eat very lean, clean and healthily albeit a few bits and pieces ;) just looking to lose the excess, get into a regime and regain some of my fitness levels after a bad fall last year and gaining one stone through lack of exercise because of this.
I also gave my job up managing hotels and now work in an office 9-5 (utter bliss) but this has also been rather damaging on my waistline.

Anyway, this is my third week, lost 4lbs in my first week (with 3 social events thrown in), then put 1/2 on tonight (been away in Scarborough all weekend!) But I am safe for the week ahead as I have no plans. This is the first time I have done a healthy eating plan and not found it difficult, just a way of life.

100% from now, cannot wait :)

I need to point out that I am training for a 10k run which I will be getting friends and family to sponsor me for, as well as a swimming distance of some sort, one for Great Ormond Street hospital and another for Mind mental health services, who helped me at a time of great need.

Start Weight 14 stones 13.5 pounds
Current Weight 14 stones 10 pounds
Target Weight 12 Stones

My main achievement will be to leave the 13 stones behind- I haven't done this since 2008....

Read, comment, like, laugh, waffle, give or ask for advice.. anything is welcome here. I love to talk :)

Ruth
x

looking forward to being back at work and back in a routine, feel all out of sorts and almost worried without it. All prepared too, was going to go for a quick jog after work tonight but weather is awful so may do a quick exercise DVD instead.

Currently on the bus to work. Day 1 of 100% :D

Ruth
x

Lunchtime here in rainy Wetherby :/

Got my spinach, celery, cucumber, chicken and mayonnaise salad alongside my frozen fruit.
Then a mugshot to keep me going until 17:30...

Fajitas for Tea with lots of lovely veg too!!!

Making the decision this week to drink a lot more water- it never occurs to me to do so and I live on black coffee at work, and white coffee at home!

Ruth
x

Another good day here, managed to do 40 minutes of an exercise DVD yesterday and walked for roughly an hour.

Smoked salmon salad and mugshot for lunch, then a drink with a friend later on.

I have decided to go to the gym this weekend too- hopefully a couple of times plus a swim!!

Ruth
x

I know this is in weight loss and not under the food diary section but I am going to make it a bit of both- hope I won't get in trouble!

Keeps me on the right path- plus pictures!!

Yesterday I went out to see friends I haven't seen for 2+ years, had 2 double g&ts and came home to my lovely peri peri chicken with cabbage and peppers! Yum!!

Also very pleased with myself as they were all drinking wine... And nice wine too!!!

Food diary to follow...

Ruth
X

Hey Ruth
good luck honey. X

Hey Honey-J!

Lovely to hear from you, I feel like a bad smell coming back so many times! Ho hum!! Hope you're well :)

Ruth
X

Hey Honey-J!

Lovely to hear from you, I feel like a bad smell coming back so many times! Ho hum!! Hope you're well :)

Ruth
X
Hahahahaha �� funny I'm worse than you honestly I can't stick to a diet plan longer than 2 weeks haha.
Youve done well so far & it's working that's the main thing remember. No one should judge!!! x

Thursday 7th May 2015

Breakfast:
Apple
Weetabix Choc Smasher Bar (HEB)
Coffee & 1% Milk (1/2 HEA)

Frozen Mixed Berries
Sugarfree Pink Bolt drink

Lunch:
Gammon ham with whole grain mustard = 1/2
celery sticks
spinach
cucumber
1 tbsp Hellmanns Light Mayo = 2

Peri Peri Mugshot
Sugarfree pink bolt drink

Tea with 1% Milk (1/2 HEA)

Dinner:
Peppers, cabbage and meat of some sort!
Thinking of a curry :) will update later!

Ruth
X

Hahahahaha funny I'm worse than you honestly I can't stick to a diet plan longer than 2 weeks haha.
Youve done well so far & it's working that's the main thing remember. No should judge!!! x

Yeah I know what you mean!! I love seeing you here :) I was just so hungry on the 5:2 :( wish I could have kept at it!
You're doing really well though :)

Ruth
X

Felt so unwell at work today, the office was so hot and as we are having some work done, we couldn't use the air conditioning.
Still kept on plan too and upped the water. Had a packet of walkers multigrain sour cream and chive and cracked black pepper crisps which were a lovely treat and 6 syns which as a one off isn't too bad!

Currently got a lamb cardamom and tomato curry on the hob. Love cooking from scratch!!! Lots of lovely fresh herbs, spices and veg!! Not a fan of rice so won't be having any, but may have a little bit of Naan (just a little!!)

Looking forward to it being Friday tomorrow, having some gin and hitting the gym this weekend :)

Date Night on Saturday so off to the cinema, not sure what to see yet. Got to think about food too!!

Ruth
x

Yeah I know what you mean!! I love seeing you here :) I was just so hungry on the 5:2 :( wish I could have kept at it!
You're doing really well though :)

Ruth
X

you lost weight every week Ruth so ultimately you did so well, and yeh the hunger isn't fun. Looking at your goal weight you will achieve it Ruth for October. I'm starting to cook from scratch more for my boyfriend, I can't wait to be on a food plan where I can enjoy it too. X

happy friday x

you lost weight every week Ruth so ultimately you did so well, and yeh the hunger isn't fun. Looking at your goal weight you will achieve it Ruth for October. I'm starting to cook from scratch more for my boyfriend, I can't wait to be on a food plan where I can enjoy it too. X

happy friday x

Thanks, it was just trying to fit it into my life, I just struggled with it!
You're doing really well on 5:2, you will hit your goal weight in no time!!
Cooking from scratch is fab. At one point I couldn't think of anything worse because I was so tired etc but now I really look forward to it. It also saves us a lot of money due to increased quality and often its cheaper!! So many lovely ideas too :D

I hope you have a lovely Friday, and a lovely weekend. Any plans?

Ruth
X

Well this was my lamb, cardamom and tomato curry with onion, tomatoes and cabbage. Yummy ? (courtesy of Madhur Jaffrey!)

ForumRunner_20150508_073507.png

If I do it again (and I have more time!!) I will do some spinach, okra and spiced potatoes on the side. It was a long dish to do though!!

Duck tonight- lovely recipe on here for Crispy Duck with Hoisin Sauce so will be having a look!

Looking forward to it being Friday!!

Ruth
x

Evening Meal :)

Dried Egg Noodles
Duck with the skin removed
Soy Sauce
Mangetout & Sugarsnap Peas
Chilli
Garlic
Ginger
Lime

ForumRunner_20150508_192915.png

It was so lovely!!!!! ???

Ruth
X

Oh my goodness I just joined a gym, for the first time ever. Eeek! Just round the corner from my flat, open until 9pm as standard or 24 hour too! Can't wait to get going and get some energy!

Been for a lovely walk this morning and had a healthy cooked breakfast with a lovely coffee too.

Still full but looking forward to my evening meal :)

Ruth
X

Well, just burned 1000 calories at the gym.
30 mins x trainer and 30 mins treadmill.
5 minutes straight of fast paced running too.
Keeping it up! Off back tomorrow morning :)

Feel great :)

Ruth
X

Dinner yesterday:

Post gym- diet coke 500ml

Chicken Breast, onions, peppers, spices.
1x Tbsp Olive oil = HEB
Gin x2 = 5
Sugar free Bitter Orange = 0
45g Reduced Fat Cheddar = HEA
Mustard = 1
BBQ Sauce = 1
Mayo = 2
1x Small Asda Wrap = 6

=15 Syns and both HEX's eaten.
1000 calories burned at the gym plus a half an hour walk in the morning :)

Ruth
X

Today I am having a contact lens trial, then off back to the gym for an hour, would like to do an hour again and then I am going to Asda, and then will come home and make an omelette or boiled eggs or something.

Cleaning the house, possible spot of gardening and then it'd my turn to make dinner so I need to get my thinking cap on.... 2x chicken breasts and a load of veg sat in the fridge...

Ruth
X

Oh my goodness I just joined a gym, for the first time ever. Eeek! Just round the corner from my flat, open until 9pm as standard or 24 hour too! Can't wait to get going and get some energy!

Been for a lovely walk this morning and had a healthy cooked breakfast with a lovely coffee too.

Still full but looking forward to my evening meal :)

Ruth
X

Good news about joining the gym , I'm joining on Saturday at my local uni which is a new build. How much are yiu paying ? I'm £22.99 a month :D it's sunny today but windy, I just need to keep busy today.
Have a lovely weekend x

Back