curlyzcoop said:
Sounds like you had a fab night Ruth :)

X

I had a lovely night thanks!

How are you doing?

Ruth
X

curlyzcoop said:
That menu looks sooooo good! I'm off to google where my nearest La Tasca is!! :) X

Hee hee they're all over! Such a good deal too!!!!

Ruth
X

katiebaby said:
Thank ruth I'm looking forward to :) good luck to you too x

Glad you're looking forward to it!

Have a lovely day :)

Ruth
X

Phoenyx said:
Looking at this site, Low carb has long been considered a positive way of tackling autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. It works sooo well with juddd. I follow the eating and exercising guidelines put down by mark sissons in his blog marksdailyapple.com, and use juddd as an additional weight loss and health tool. I appreciate it may not be for everyone, but is worth a look if it may help you.

This is a great site and is extremely useful and I do believe that JUDDD will help me along my long road to victory!

I will definitely be having a look at that blog! Thank you so much :)

Ruth
X

bajoleth said:
Yep the americans tend to follow low carb alongside JUDDD although this is not necessary, I like Juddd cos its so easy no special foods no restricted foods etc, on my UP days that is and I eat what I like on my DD as long as its within my cals. Dr J says in his book that what food you eat actually makes no difference to the way the diet works, although some may find that it works better alongside low carb can't see that it makes any difference to their losses though, they seem to be on a parr with what I have experienced.
But thats what so great about this diet you can basically do whatever you like diet wise as long as you stick to your alternate day allowance, suits everyone really just wish I could convince more people to start it as I have really found it life changing and I am a serial dieter, I honestly believe that I have found a WOE that will allow me to eat foods I enjoy and yet still lose weight :D

ETA that comes across a bit anti low carb , what I am trying to say is that you don't have to low carb to be successful just in case any newbies thought it was part of the plan x

I completely agree it is such a wonderful diet I am amazed I didn't come across it before :mad: it is just so flexible!!!

Hope you're ok Jo!

Ruth
X

Looking at these posts and extra threads about the benefits of JUDDD I really hope it can help me and it is, to be honest, a last resort!

I mean apart from chronic migraines and psoriasis of the scalp I have eczema, frequent inflammation of the stomach lining, sinus problems, allergies to excessive dairy, onions and anaphylaxis to latex as well as last year I found out that I had a form of MRSA living in me that had been there for over 3 years undetected after I had an operation to remove a cancerous growth from my mouth! It made me so poorly and exhausted and I didn't want to go out- one of the main reasons my weight shot up. I also have hypoglycaemia but not low enough to be diabetic. Hopefully I can shake everything and get rid of my tablet/medicine drawer for good!!!!

I have found it MUCH easier to fast today in preparation for tonight- I've had some water and some diet Pepsi and thats it! More calories for tonight wooo!

Long live JUDDD!!!!!

Ruth
X

Wow Ruth you have been through the mill :bighug: A lot of your 'problems' are inflammatory related so I really hope you get the positive health results alongside weightloss, that really would be the cherry on the cake ;)

bajoleth said:
Yep the americans tend to follow low carb alongside JUDDD although this is not necessary, I like Juddd cos its so easy no special foods no restricted foods etc, on my UP days that is and I eat what I like on my DD as long as its within my cals. Dr J says in his book that what food you eat actually makes no difference to the way the diet works, although some may find that it works better alongside low carb can't see that it makes any difference to their losses though, they seem to be on a parr with what I have experienced.
But thats what so great about this diet you can basically do whatever you like diet wise as long as you stick to your alternate day allowance, suits everyone really just wish I could convince more people to start it as I have really found it life changing and I am a serial dieter, I honestly believe that I have found a WOE that will allow me to eat foods I enjoy and yet still lose weight :D

ETA that comes across a bit anti low carb , what I am trying to say is that you don't have to low carb to be successful just in case any newbies thought it was part of the plan x

Totally get what you're saying, and I agree, for the weight loss benefits of juddd, you in no way need to be low carb. I do low carb for health not weight loss (weight loss on low carb alone notoriously slow!) I'm more interested in primal / paleo eating anyway (rather than eating atkins bars!) as a means of cutting out processed food. I suffered from high blood pressure, acne and allergies, which have dramatically improved since I switched to I started juddd to speed up weight loss. Now, since I didn't do juddd first, I can't say whether juddd would have done this alone and am therefore very interested in following Ruth, who isn't low carb, to see if she gets the health benefits anyway...I may well reintroduce carbs if she does (!)

And once again I thank Ruth for use of your diary and promise not to hijack again (although try and think of it as me popping into your online home for a cup of tea and chinwag...)

Trefoil said:
Looking at these posts and extra threads about the benefits of JUDDD I really hope it can help me and it is, to be honest, a last resort!

I mean apart from chronic migraines and psoriasis of the scalp I have eczema, frequent inflammation of the stomach lining, sinus problems, allergies to excessive dairy, onions and anaphylaxis to latex as well as last year I found out that I had a form of MRSA living in me that had been there for over 3 years undetected after I had an operation to remove a cancerous growth from my mouth! It made me so poorly and exhausted and I didn't want to go out- one of the main reasons my weight shot up. I also have hypoglycaemia but not low enough to be diabetic. Hopefully I can shake everything and get rid of my tablet/medicine drawer for good!!!!

I have found it MUCH easier to fast today in preparation for tonight- I've had some water and some diet Pepsi and thats it! More calories for tonight wooo!

Long live JUDDD!!!!!

Ruth
X

Poor you :( I hope this sees a marked improvement for you xxx

bajoleth said:
Wow Ruth you have been through the mill :bighug: A lot of your 'problems' are inflammatory related so I really hope you get the positive health results alongside weightloss, that really would be the cherry on the cake ;)

Yeah I know but you pull yourself through it :)

I haven't had indigestion properly or stomach inflammation since I started so I'm super chuffed!!!

I think I will reap the benefits and I will never go back!!!

Ruth
X

Phoenyx said:
Forgot to say, bajoleth and Ruth, I find you inspirational - I hope a little diet-sparring doesn't offend! I think it's so valuable to challenge each others views until we find a path that's right for us individually. Long may you succeed :)

Oh bless you!! I feel moved!!! Of course it doesn't offend!!! If we didn't challenge ideas then we wouldn't get anywhere!

I love having you posting in my diary! Don't leave!!!!!

Ruth
X

Phoenyx said:
Forgot to say, bajoleth and Ruth, I find you inspirational - I hope a little diet-sparring doesn't offend! I think it's so valuable to challenge each others views until we find a path that's right for us individually. Long may you succeed :)

I agree!!! You have all been so supportive - can't believe this is only my second week :) xxx

curlyzcoop said:
I agree!!! You have all been so supportive - can't believe this is only my second week :) xxx

Awww thank you! I love having you all around :) you're doing so well :)

Ruth
X

That really kind of you to say :flowers: I think that the beauty of Juddd is that you can do it hand in hand with other diets if you want, like your Low carb or someone mentioned following SW on UP's as long as its Alternate day it doesn't matter what diet you follow ;) Agree with you totally on challenging views , I challenged a friends view on Alternate day Dieting and then got to find out more and here I am :D

I got offered a free cocktail and gave it away!!! Eeeek! Tapas was utterly delicious! There were no olives for some reason and the only other option were 2 mini garlic bread bits so I've put it down as 1/4 regular baguette, also had a glass of sangria blanco which was delicious!

1416 calories today :) still chuffed and burnt 300 calories from exercise :)

Hope I did ok eeek!

Ruth
X

Trefoil said:
I got offered a free cocktail and gave it away!!! Eeeek! Tapas was utterly delicious! There were no olives for some reason and the only other option were 2 mini garlic bread bits so I've put it down as 1/4 regular baguette, also had a glass of sangria blanco which was delicious!

1416 calories today :) still chuffed and burnt 300 calories from exercise :)

Hope I did ok eeek!

Ruth
X

Well done! No wonder you're losing weight so well :)

Well done Ruth, glad you enjoyed x

:) I've been lurking on that low carb site for a while. There are some long term users of JUDDD there and therefore some great advice. Many of the folk who post there started as die hard low carbers but have moved over to "the dark side". There's something about fasting (well, near as dammit) every other day that has a similar effect on metabolism and insulin control as low carbing. Makes sense when you think about it!

Ruth, you're making me drool with the tapas talk :). We had our work Christmas do at La Tasca. It was yum (and made a nice change from turkey!) :D

Back