?'s about add a meeal week...

Podgey

I have been on SS for 4 weeks now and I will start the add a meal week thing 2moz.. I was just wondering how anyone has got on with it. I have to say I am a bit scared of eating.. not because I think I will put weight on it's more because I am frightened of not stopping at the little bit you are allowed if you know what I mean...
Can anyone help with some reasurrance?

Thank you

you should not be thinking about aam until you get a lot nearer to target weight as it will tempt you to try out and slow your weight loss down the best one to ask is your cdc they are very very well trained and i found that you should listen to their advice STAY TO PLANS AND THIS ONE REALY DOES WORK 13 LOSS IN 12 MONTHS

I thought you had to do add a meel week every 5th week?
Have I miss read something somewhere?

I am on CD and tried to do my AAM after the four weeks as in the cambridge diet book

I found it really really as 2 oz of chicken is only a taste and not a meal (in my opinion) had a word with my councellor as I was really grumpy very very hungry and started to feel faint, I did not complete the whole week on AAM. Dont think it does you any harm to stay on SS until you get to your target. Thats my plan anyway

Good luck you have done amazing so far

I have to say I think Cambridge guidelines are to have AAM every 5 weeks, to stop binge eating and to reintroduce foods slowly again. Some people can go the whole way and loose a lot weight and then be too scared to eat a morsel. Other people need that reassurance of looking forward to the 5th week.

Chat with your CDC see whats best for you.
good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I thought you had to do add a meel week every 5th week?
Have I miss read something somewhere?

Add a meal should be done week 5th, after 4 weeks of SS. Don't worry, if done properly you will still continue to lose weight/ inches. I find it can also give your weight lost a boast if it has slowed down.

If you are not going to Add a meal you need it in writing from your Dr that he is ok with that and will moniter your progress.

CDC
Sim

You should do AAM every 5th week. Im now on my 2nd week of AAM and have had no problems with it.

Instead of getting fancy with the food I simply boil and then add to my soups. The quanities are so small anyway. I was also scared that it may have sparked off my taste buds again but Ive had no problems, maybe because Im keeping it so simple.

Also the following week there was no difference in my weight loss than the previous weeks

You must do AAM week on every 5th week, as someone else said unless signed by your doctor (and this is for very obese people who are waiting for operation)

You have to have AAM week to stop muscle wasting, and to kick your meatabilisium in to gear. The idea of leaving it until near target is not a good idea at all. You have to do it for health reasons. This is the official plan from Cambridge and for your health this must be adhered to. The food portions are tiny, and no it will not make you hungry, and you will stay in ketosis. Good luck with it all x

Hi:D

I started my aam on Friday, and I love it:D :D :D It's not really a meal though, just a couple of mouthfuls really!

I have morning shake, lunchtime shake aam at about 6 and then my last shake at about 8.

I worried a bit too about wanting to eat more than I was allowed, and wanting to pick in the evening, but I haven't found that to be the case at all (I promise).

Don't worry....enjoy it after all it's only for a week then your ssing again for another 4;).

My fav meal so far has been...cottage cheese mixed up with finely chopped celery, cucumber and cracked pepper on a bed of rocket and watercress MMMMMmmmmm

You'll be fine...be thinking of you tomorrow, tucking into your lettuce!!;)

Tracey
x

Awe thanks everyone for putting my mind at rest... Looking at the portions it says in the book you could put it on your knife and send it for a walk.....

Thought I was right in it being every 5th week... My CDC is coming in the morning so I will chat through it all with her.. I just needed to know people don't want to eat the table top once they have had a little morsal so thanks again for the reasurrance....
:thankyou:

Hi ya, :) :)

Yes it's every 5th week and you must look forward to it and see it as a treat. It's all part of the progress of a healthy life style.

Nick :D :D

I'm on AAMW and I think it is fantastic. It reintroduces you to food (only a little amount), I have so far had turkey & mushrooms with chilli (dried). and cottage cheese like minilady. The amounts are that small it is not worth worrying about!Enjoy it as it will be another 4 weeks until you do it again..Love

Sorry I Did It Wrong Then 13 Stone Weight Loss Was Monitored By My Doctor Regulary I Dont Think I Would Have Managed My Loss If I Had Done Aam Every 5 Weeks !!!sorry Again Tony Gone

Please don't feel bad Tony.. Every one has their own way of coping with this... I am sure in the end we will all get there.. If your doc was behind you to not do the AMM week then it was fine...
I haven't even been to my GP.. He is a PIG.. When I went to him for some help and advice about how to lose weight his words of wisdom were ''you must take control of yourself and resist the cakes and biscuits''.. I don't even eat cakes and biscuits... Thing is every time I go to him for anything else (even a sore wrist) it is due to my weight...Some docs are just antiquated and set in their ways...

Well done you for your fab weight loss......

I never tried to do anything fancy or too tasty on AAM week - I just added either quorn or chicken and the veg to my evening soup - and I can honestly say I struggled to finish it!!
What I also found was that I ate very slowly, chewed, tasted and appreciated every mouthfull - something I haven't done in a very long time!!
Wish I had found Cambridge Diet years ago!!

Back