S-Food Diary

sona1980

Gold Member
Hey!

I posted yesterday but didnt get any responce so gona try again today! I started SW (i think..) yesterday. I have not yet joined a class as they are not as good times in my area will have to look for something else close by.

I dont really know how this works, i only have a magazine and read through stuff on the internet... can someone help me understand the food i had yesterday? And if this is classed as R, G or EE.

would reallly appreciate it!

B- oat porridge with sweetner
half a banana.

L- mugshot, half a piece of bread

s- 1/4 of chicken breast roasted

D- steamed fish, SW chips and beans with vinigar.

S- Frozen WW vanialla yogart (ff)

thanks in advance i will check back later to see if i have any replies!!

xxx

hi, that looks like extra easy menu, the porridge (28gm) would be your healthy extra B the half bread would have to be synned 3syns, you have no healthy A this would be 28gm cheese/42gm low fat cheese/ 5 laughing cow lights or 6 extra lights, milk, unsure on amount, hope someone else can help you

goodluck x

wow this sounds really complicated.. I really need to get toa class soon and learn how this works.

Today ive got

b- 2 weetabix HEA, skimmed milk HEB, sweetner??
s- coffee from vending machine??
l- mugshot??, shape FF yogart?
s- snack a jack 4.5 syns(i found this out!)
d- Steamed veg and rice?? with chicken (1/2breast) ??

Gym - 40 mins cardio.

can someone tell me what plan this is? how would i make this a red plan? by adding meat? and how would it be a green plan? whats the diff with that and EE? im totally confused.. duno if i should do this now..

Last edited:
today- not that anyone is reading it seems :-(

b- weetabix (a) milk (b) i think.
s- salad (a tea spoon of rice, cous cous, pasta, peas and 2 new potatoes)

L- mugshot 2% fat

D- duno yet

Can someone please help? i dont know sync values just yet just looking for some help?

also seems ive put on anoter 2lbs over night WI today showed e at 12.10! i was 12:7 last week.
:-(

Last edited:
helloo!
milk is an hea and wetabix are heb hun, anything u aint sure about on a red or green day feel free to ask and if i can help i will. i dont do ee so i cant help u in that department lol x

Hi vixta!

thanks for ur reply. Im not sure about syns really and what the diff is between green and EE.

am i right in thinking Red is mostly meat/ fish etc and carbs are syned? and Green is mainly carbs and protien is syned?

veg and fruit mainly are free and encouraged alot
alongside the other free food that i dnt have a list of
and the syned food which i dont have a list of yet either?

is HEA- Dairy?
HEB- fibre?

hi rummble tummy

yes i red through that a few days ago and made notes!!
do u mind checking my post aboe and tell me if i have it right?
also to add to that on EE am i allowed only 1 heb and 1 hea and 5-15 syns. Free food is that mainy fruit and veg? what else classes as a free food on EE?

Hi ya,
what you need to do is get hold of the set of the books. You can get them off Ebay at a cost, or you could join a class for the 1st week to get the talk and the books, and not go back if you cant make it everyweek. bit un-orthordox, but will get you this info needed.

Red days are indeed meat and fish based, with 2 x HEA and 2 x HEB. potato and pasta are limited
green days are carb based, 2 HEA and 2 HEB and limited meat and fish
EE you can have all the free food on a red and a green BUT each meal must be made up of 1/3 SUPERFREE food. you can only have 1 HEA and 1 HEB.

On all plans you can have 5-15 syns a day. Its best to start on 15 and EAT them, then later if you start slowing in losses you can cut back the syns.

The key to this plan is to EAT, eat lots of superfree, and eat until you are satisfied NOT stuffed.

Have a good search on the site, there is TONS of info and syn values for lots.
Have a good look through others diarys and the recipe section

Do you prefer to eat more meat? more carbs or a mix of both?? For me as a veggie, i obviously do 100% green days.

so far your days dont look they have enough food on a day, id be starving.

From the look of your diary it seems like Extra Easy would be the best plan for you as you seem to like meat with rice and potatoes etc...

If you are following EE then you can only have 1 HEA and 1 HEB so that would be 2 Weetabix with milk for example.

On EE you can have any basics like rice, pasta, potato, lean chicken, beef, lamb etc... but you must fill a third of your plate with low cal veg like carrots, cauli etc.

So from the menus above on EE

b- 2 weetabix HEA, skimmed milk HEB, sweetner?? sweetner is free
s- coffee from vending machine?? syns for milk and sugar (if you didn't use all your allowance of milk then just syn for sugar, use the rule 20 cals = 1 syn)
l- mugshot??, shape FF yogart? These are both free, but creamy cheese Mugshot has syns (check out frequently asked syns section in the sticky)
d- Steamed veg and rice?? with chicken (1/2breast) ?? On EE you could have any amount of chicken (no skin) and rice as long as the steamed veg made up a third of the plate.

The best advice I could give is to have a look at the Extra Easy diaries on here, that's what I did when I first started SW.

It won't take you long to get the hang of it! xx

sona1980 said:
hi rummble tummy

yes i red through that a few days ago and made notes!!
do u mind checking my post aboe and tell me if i have it right?
also to add to that on EE am i allowed only 1 heb and 1 hea and 5-15 syns. Free food is that mainy fruit and veg? what else classes as a free food on EE?

Hi Hun. Im a Newbie to the site but have now done SW twice. Have a look through my food diary as I've done green and EE days xxx

week 1: -0.5lbs ... :'(

Hi ya,
what you need to do is get hold of the set of the books. You can get them off Ebay at a cost, or you could join a class for the 1st week to get the talk and the books, and not go back if you cant make it everyweek. bit un-orthordox, but will get you this info needed.

Red days are indeed meat and fish based, with 2 x HEA and 2 x HEB. potato and pasta are limited
green days are carb based, 2 HEA and 2 HEB and limited meat and fish
EE you can have all the free food on a red and a green BUT each meal must be made up of 1/3 SUPERFREE food. you can only have 1 HEA and 1 HEB.

On all plans you can have 5-15 syns a day. Its best to start on 15 and EAT them, then later if you start slowing in losses you can cut back the syns.

The key to this plan is to EAT, eat lots of superfree, and eat until you are satisfied NOT stuffed.

Have a good search on the site, there is TONS of info and syn values for lots.
Have a good look through others diarys and the recipe section

Do you prefer to eat more meat? more carbs or a mix of both?? For me as a veggie, i obviously do 100% green days.

so far your days dont look they have enough food on a day, id be starving.

Hi! thanks for all ur replies!! i feel soo much better with this info. My diary so far loosk very EE as i didnt quite understand the G-R days propperly. I have been reading threads and food diaries for ideas on what to mix and match! I am looking for a meeting that i can attend sometime next week just for the intro and the material. Can i just ask how much it costs initially? Also im going to look for a meeting in preston lancashire if anyone can point me the in the direction to a good group? i probs wont be able to attent weekly i work shifts and have a lil boy at home with child minder and i go to gym three times a week stright after work. thanks for the info on HEA and HEB! im gona try a red day tomorow.. making some bolognes tonight to have with steamed veg.. its gona be chicken mince. and tomorow will ty t have sandwiches and work with thin chicken slices.

From the look of your diary it seems like Extra Easy would be the best plan for you as you seem to like meat with rice and potatoes etc...

If you are following EE then you can only have 1 HEA and 1 HEB so that would be 2 Weetabix with milk for example.

On EE you can have any basics like rice, pasta, potato, lean chicken, beef, lamb etc... but you must fill a third of your plate with low cal veg like carrots, cauli etc.

So from the menus above on EE

b- 2 weetabix HEA, skimmed milk HEB, sweetner?? sweetner is free
s- coffee from vending machine?? syns for milk and sugar (if you didn't use all your allowance of milk then just syn for sugar, use the rule 20 cals = 1 syn)
l- mugshot??, shape FF yogart? These are both free, but creamy cheese Mugshot has syns (check out frequently asked syns section in the sticky)
d- Steamed veg and rice?? with chicken (1/2breast) ?? On EE you could have any amount of chicken (no skin) and rice as long as the steamed veg made up a third of the plate.

The best advice I could give is to have a look at the Extra Easy diaries on here, that's what I did when I first started SW.

It won't take you long to get the hang of it! xx

WOW thank you soo much for that1 it really helps! i tend to eat the same stuff all week... maybe i should try some variation! If you dont mind untill get the hang of it can i borrow u guys to sync / point etc my food? just for this week i promise to get my own books soon!! pretty pls? i can [ost food in the morning! i think ive been ok so far.. possibly eating less due to not knowing whats allowed!

Hi Hun. Im a Newbie to the site but have now done SW twice. Have a look through my food diary as I've done green and EE days xxx

I have been looking through god soe great ideas! i eat halaal meat so sometimes i cant mimic meals that contain ham and im not very good at cooking beef! lol im more a chicken person! I hope we can support each other through!! please feel free to comment!

can i ask one more Question... any ide why i might have gained 2 lbs in 2 days instead of lost?

sona1980 said:
Hi! thanks for all ur replies!! i feel soo much better with this info. My diary so far loosk very EE as i didnt quite understand the G-R days propperly. I have been reading threads and food diaries for ideas on what to mix and match! I am looking for a meeting that i can attend sometime next week just for the intro and the material. Can i just ask how much it costs initially? Also im going to look for a meeting in preston lancashire if anyone can point me the in the direction to a good group? i probs wont be able to attent weekly i work shifts and have a lil boy at home with child minder and i go to gym three times a week stright after work. thanks for the info on HEA and HEB! im gona try a red day tomorow.. making some bolognes tonight to have with steamed veg.. its gona be chicken mince. and tomorow will ty t have sandwiches and work with thin chicken slices.

WOW thank you soo much for that1 it really helps! i tend to eat the same stuff all week... maybe i should try some variation! If you dont mind untill get the hang of it can i borrow u guys to sync / point etc my food? just for this week i promise to get my own books soon!! pretty pls? i can [ost food in the morning! i think ive been ok so far.. possibly eating less due to not knowing whats allowed!

I have been looking through god soe great ideas! i eat halaal meat so sometimes i cant mimic meals that contain ham and im not very good at cooking beef! lol im more a chicken person! I hope we can support each other through!! please feel free to comment!

can i ask one more Question... any ide why i might have gained 2 lbs in 2 days instead of lost?

No worries hun! It's prob water and boosting so don't worry. I'm a serial weighed but learning to WI once a week so not upset as your weight fluctuates throughout the week/day xxx

Yes it does take a bit of getting used to but once you are set up its quite easy really. I do the red and green days as I have a problem with veg, your milk allowance is 350 ml skimmed milk per day, semi is 250 ml I think. I have skimmed milk and pour it out into a bottle every day so I dont go over my allowance, which is easy to do if you like milk which I do. Try as tempting as it is not to weigh yourself more than once a week. Your body plays tricks sometimes and will fluctuate from time to time which may cause you to be disappointed unnecessarily. Getting the books is really vital as there is so much information and recipes etc. I find the meeting so full of information and am loving the virtually syn free puds. Good luck anyway, you will find loads of info on this forum and happy slimming.:D:D

thinking of making chicken mince tonight gals with onion, and mix frozen veg and tin tomato...on EE is this all free? will have it with a jacket potato.

Today

B-2 weetabix B
milk semi skimmed A

s- small salad( teaspoon of pasta, 2 net potatoes, 2 small jerkins, cous cous, rice)

L- mugshot 2% not cheese

s- shape zero yogart

Going gym now for 4o mins,

s- 1 rivita with cottage cheese - 1.5

D-chicken mince with veg and jacket potato
cheese 28g low low (4.5)

later - melon

=6.5

Last edited:
:confused:Sounds good! I am so stuffed at the moment, eating more than before I started S W!!! Crazy isnt it, and I just cant seem to fit in many syns.

hey, doesnt look enough food to me, here is what i have had today

i do green
HEA Milk
HEA cheese
HEB Cereal
HEB to be eaten before bed - kellogs fibre plus bar

Syns
honey on breakfast 2syns
Meringue nest 3 syns
LC blue cheese square ( in my soup) 1.5 syns
Hot chocolate to have in bed 2 syn
sugar free jelly 0.5 syn

FREE stuff
apple
satsuma
nectarine
banana
pineapple
orange
broccoli ( and blue cheese) soup
some left over SW onion bhajis
some left over bean and quorn chilli from last night
mullerlight yog
rosti pizza with meditterean veg ( cheese from HEA)
SW wedges
pasta salad
lettuce
tomato
broccoli soup
002-11.jpg

SW onion bhajis
IMGA0457.jpg

dinner
IMGA0510.jpg

Thanks holly!!
im loving the words of wisdome! really helps to stick to it as you have all had some great success!!

Today- RED first ever!

B- weetabix B and milk 270ml A, coffee with 30ml milk (from allowance)

s-coffee (0.5) for dash of milk

D- 2 small loaf brown bread (B2?) with egg and EL mayo (0.5 or 1)
snack a jack - (4.5)
tomato soup

S- Shape zero yogart

Gym for 40 mins cardio

D- chicken mince with veg cooked in to it and egg spagetti. (cook three thin pancakes with beaten egg and cut in to thin strips)

Later- fruit

Can anyone tell me if there are any syns iv missed in the above? thanks!

back later! will update my yesterday food diary as i had some syncs at home!

Gona check what else i can have for an A and more syns.

Last edited:
hey, doesnt look enough food to me, here is what i have had today

i do green
HEA Milk
HEA cheese
HEB Cereal
HEB to be eaten before bed - kellogs fibre plus bar

Syns
honey on breakfast 2syns
Meringue nest 3 syns
LC blue cheese square ( in my soup) 1.5 syns
Hot chocolate to have in bed 2 syn
sugar free jelly 0.5 syn

FREE stuff
apple
satsuma
nectarine
banana
pineapple
orange
broccoli ( and blue cheese) soup
some left over SW onion bhajis
some left over bean and quorn chilli from last night
mullerlight yog
rosti pizza with meditterean veg ( cheese from HEA)
SW wedges
pasta salad
lettuce
tomato
broccoli soup

SW onion bhajis

dinner
IMGA0510.jpg

WOW! ur dinner looks yummy!
I dont know if i can eat that much and still lose weight! im really scared to eat carbs as it is!!

Back