s&s and exercise

kaceyboo

Silver Member
Hey I know this has probably been asked before but can I exercise still? Ive done s&s before but never exercised when on plan. In the last couple of months I started zumba and I love it. Really want to come back to s&s but dont want to give up my zumba fix twice a week :/ xxx

I cycle at least 8 miles 4 days a week and have keep it going. I'm just into day 5 and it's been okay doing it. But I know my limits as I've done vlcd before and been okay running and exercising (now road biking as my knees through weight and running hurt!!)

When Ilost the 9 stone I didn't exercise on plan. After I reached goal I took up exercise with a vengence and absolutely love it now! I'm back to lose 1 stone which I put on whilst working out how to maintain. This time round I am still exercising and my weight loss is slower - but I'm happier! I'm avoiding really high intensity cardio but keeping up with core / some strength and lower level cardio, such as my roller derby training.

When Ilost the 9 stone I didn't exercise on plan. After I reached goal I took up exercise with a vengence and absolutely love it now! I'm back to lose 1 stone which I put on whilst working out how to maintain. This time round I am still exercising and my weight loss is slower - but I'm happier! I'm avoiding really high intensity cardio but keeping up with core / some strength and lower level cardio, such as my roller derby training.

Weasey can you recommend anything for the old bingo wings ? My arms are flabby and my legs are the same :0/

Mine still have loose skin - but much better than it was. I do lots of strength exercises for my arms and legs. That helps I guess by increasing their size (!) but in a toned way. Over time the skin does improve. But I'm 44 and was obese or morbidly obese for my whole adult life until a couple of years ago - so my skin is never going to be perfect.

Mine still have loose skin - but much better than it was. I do lots of strength exercises for my arms and legs. That helps I guess by increasing their size (!) but in a toned way. Over time the skin does improve. But I'm 44 and was obese or morbidly obese for my whole adult life until a couple of years ago - so my skin is never going to be perfect.

Strength exercise ?

Like weights or something ......

I don't think myn Will ever be perfect but defiantly want it to improve x

Last time I was on s&s I used to swim a lot, I started doing just 20 lengths twice a week but within about 3 months I was doing around 300 lengths a week.. I used to have a bar before I went in and a shake after and never had any problems... The tops of my arms firmed up nicely! I had to stop because I damaged my Achilles' tendon and the pool wouldn't let me in... The said my air cast was a health and safety risk!!!

Last time I was on s&s I used to swim a lot, I started doing just 20 lengths twice a week but within about 3 months I was doing around 300 lengths a week.. I used to have a bar before I went in and a shake after and never had any problems... The tops of my arms firmed up nicely! I had to stop because I damaged my Achilles' tendon and the pool wouldn't let me in... The said my air cast was a health and safety risk!!![/QUOTE

Wow that's crazy !!

Good on you though the increased swimming must have worked wonders .... Shame they won't let you in :0/

I'm allowed back now I've just not got back into it yet... I really should! Think I'll go with my bf this weekend... Good plan.. Yeah I will... Lol

I'm allowed back now I've just not got back into it yet... I really should! Think I'll go with my bf this weekend... Good plan.. Yeah I will... Lol

Go go go !!! :)

Barred from the swimming lol. How rock and roll. I like to swim too. Usually do 4o lengths when I go. Tho can't see breast stroke at my leisurely pace toning my arms. I've another 6 stones to loose and my arms already have some loose skin. Imagine loosing all the weight to look like a bat :( x

Barred from the swimming lol. How rock and roll. I like to swim too. Usually do 4o lengths when I go. Tho can't see breast stroke at my leisurely pace toning my arms. I've another 6 stones to loose and my arms already have some loose skin. Imagine loosing all the weight to look like a bat :( x

I tried to do some front crawl too but I'm not very good at it... I splash a lot!!!

Yep - swimming is great for the arms. Yes, by strength exercises I do mean weights and such like. There are a number of machines at the gym - or you can do bicep curls / lateral raises / shoulder press etc with free weights. Kettle bells are also excellent. Leg muscles can be toned with squats / jumping squats / lunges / jumping lunges (got to hate those!) / etc. There are also loads of gym machines that let you work your leg muscles too.

It's an aim of mine to at some point be able to do a chin up. You can imagine the scene - some hunky guy comes over in the gym and shows off by doing a few chin ups... I'd like to go up afterwards and do a few of my own to say 'yeah and?'. The sad things which keep me motivated! It's a good reason to keep my weight down too!

Omg a chin up looks so hard. I'm v impressed with your goal. My arm strength is ridiculously bad. And I do body pump. I do press ups on my knees and struggle at that x

I should make it clear that I'm no where near achieving the chin up. I think I'm about 2 years away - but I'm working towards it. Fitness goals have replaced my weight loss goals and help me to remain focussed.

I should make it clear that I'm no where near achieving the chin up. I think I'm about 2 years away - but I'm working towards it. Fitness goals have replaced my weight loss goals and help me to remain focussed.

I think it's really important to have something to focus on ( personally ) if I didn't I'd fall off and undo all the hard work ..... Which previously I have !!

Back