S/W Woman of the Year

Wacky Jacky

Size 10 in time for 2010!
(This is the first thread I've ever started so please bear with me);)

Is this competition still open?

I've just had a call from my SW Consultant asking if I want to be put forward for this at group - she's posting me out some info - is this the normal procedure before any voting takes place?

I've been a SW member for a while but can't remember this happening before for any competition ...?

(I posted the following on another thread recently - which related to a lady who had won this title in group but did not meet set criteria to go to the next stages - sorry I can't link directly to it and can't remember her username)

Closing Date?
Does anyone know the closing date for Woman of the Year Awards from Groups?

Our Consultant has mentioned that we're going to vote for this but it hasn't happened at our group as yet.

I would HOPE that she would advise us of the "criteria" BEFORE we vote - mind you, if she doesn't I'll certainly be making sure I ask her - AND I'll be mentioning this situation in group!

hello and congrats........my consultant on my first week last week made her class slimmer of the year and she will go forward to the kent finals then so on and so on........then there is a ball in november for the slimmer of the year in birmingham....i only know this because my sister is the consultant and i went with her one year to the ball it was fab hope you get through your stages!!!
Good luck with it all it is a huge honour
xxxxxxxx

We had our class slimmer vote two weeks ago. The previous week we all had to write down the name of someone who inspired us. Then leader was going to ring the 4 highest votes and so last week we had to vote for one of the 4.

Is that how it is normally done in meetings?

Irene xx

Oh go for it HUN! What have you got to lose?

our class is not that big we had 16 through scales this mon but only 9 stayed to class so we just wrote on bit of paper who we nominated and person with most votes won. They then go through to finals as far as I am aware but she has not heard yet.

we have never spoken about this in class at all.

Good luck hun! It was me who posted about not being in criteria but looking at your BMI, you will definitely go through to the next round if your class puts you through.

My class wrote down names on a bit of paper, then the top 4 gave a speech the following week and the class voted on the winner.

Good luck and congrats on your amazing loss!

Back