Extra Easy Sabotaging my diet - help needed!

Fairybread

Hi, I have joined as I need some help! I really want to lose some more weight but I have a great week, lost 4 pounds, after yo-yo-ing for 2 months and then I just shovel the food in and cant break the cycle and the pounds keep going back on! I have 3 children so can be quite stressful and often tired so just snack. Any ideas please on how to break this cycle? :cry:

Hi :)

I understand how frustrating it is, to lose a little gain a little etc. You have already done really well looking at your stats so dont forget that as I would think you are looking great already and its just the last few pounds to go. Just think if you focus now you could be at target by christmas :)

Like you say you just need to break the cycle of losing and gaining and just focus. I think you should figure out when and why you shovel the food in. If its snacks that are the issue maybe preparation is key, be ready at night time with your low syn treats and enjoy them knowing your being completely on plan. Each time you sort of lose the motivation to stick to plan you need to think about how fab you feel at weigh in when you do lose. Also you need to remember that each time you do go off plan and 'shovel food in' that you are undoing your hard work and will only feel rubbish afterwards or the next day :)

Do you stay to group each week as I would recommend speaking to your consultant to tell her that your struggling as thats what they are there for :)

Good luck !

xx

I have the same problem as you. I try really hard but my weight seems to yoyo quite a lot and when I have been good all week and know that I have been 100% on plan then gain a pound or 2 I lose heart, stuff my face then feel guilty.
It is hard but you have to try to put it behind you as soon as you fall off plan and remember exactly why you are doing this. I keep things like chopped up carrot, cucumber, cherry tomatoes (sugar snap peas are my fave at the moment) in the fridge so if I feel like snacking I go for them. I have also started buying snacks for hubby and son that I don't like so that i'm not tempted.

Good luck, you have done really well so far and will get to target eventually x

Thank you everyone. I do go to group on Mondays and my consultant knows what I'm like and when I said I will start Tuesday, she did encourage me to start straight away. I am going to seriously get back on today as I can feel the extra couple of pounds. Wish me luck!

Back