Sabretooth-Kitty's final diet before her big day

Hi everyone,

I've been on and off minimins for years with my highest weight at 208lbs and my lowest 126lbs, I started a brand new account for a fresh start (I used to be lifesdesire).

At the end of this year I'm getting married and want to get back to 126lbs by mid April so I can seriously look at wedding dresses and won't have to worry about my weight so much on the lead up to the wedding.

So starting today at 143.8lbs after a bit of a binge yesterday and I'll update with food later once I know what's planned for dinner.

Not sure if I'm 100% Atkins but I'm starting at 20g carbs per day and going to see how I go.

Any tips, good lucks or just hi's are more than welcome

Day 1

B - half a crustless quiche

L - the other half

D - bacon and left over roasted pumpkin, surprisingly nice mix

S - couple slices of ham, semi-skimmed milk in coffee

Exactly 20g carbs :)

I know I'm not supposed to be allowed milk in induction but I'm counting the carbs in my daily total and I know from experience it doesn't stop me losing.

How does that sound? Its been a while since I've done low carb so feel free to pick me up on it if I go wrong

Day 2 - 143.6 down 0.2lb

B - bacon and eggs

L - bacon and cheese salad

D - chicken stir fry

S - ham, semi-skimmed milk and sweeteners in coffee

Aiming for exactly 20g everyday, if I'm under I'll have a herbal tea with a sweetener in it, didn't count sweeteners yesterday but will from now on

Hello Kitty and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am also sort of new but have done low-carb before and it is the way to go, for me, if only fresh bread didn't exist :p Also trying to stick to 20 g carbs and most days it works. I need to get some pudding recipes though as had a total chocolate binge I think Monday afternoon argh couldn't stop myself. Good luck

Hey mrsdam, I know what you mean, whenever I try a diet that includes carbs I can't stop eating sugar and chocolate, luckily when I tell myself I'm low carb and once I get started I don't get those cravings. I want to do it properly for once with slowly increasing to find my carb limit. Good luck to you too!

Hi SK and welcome:)
Sounds like a great start and as long as you are watching for trigger foods should be ok just sticking to 20 a day (not all at once!) I've been maintaining for 3 years but must say I have to live low carb for life 30-50g - otherwise my hunger is off and the weight comes on. Not a big issue but conscious that we can't always go back to what others would consider normal diet.

Good luck - great goal:)

Thanks mrsdam and Kat1e. Unfortunately today I've realised that the high fat content on this diet is really bad for my IBS, in quite a lot of pain this evening. So rethinking to stick with the intermittent fasting that I'd tried and done alright on previously :-( whilst eating IBS friendly foods

Brilliant you have the willpower and no cravings :) I hope I'll get there too.

Hi SK and welcome:)
Sounds like a great start and as long as you are watching for trigger foods should be ok just sticking to 20 a day (not all at once!) I've been maintaining for 3 years but must say I have to live low carb for life 30-50g - otherwise my hunger is off and the weight comes on. Not a big issue but conscious that we can't always go back to what others would consider normal diet.

Good luck - great goal:)

Due to the health problems that became immediately apparent after being on the high fat diet for two days I've decided to return to Slimming World as that's nice and healthy and I don't have to count much in the day.
Come say hi there if you're still interested in my journal to a slim bride :)
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...inal-diet-before-her-big-day.html#post7694330

Good luck on SW!

Back