safest way to come out of ketosis

gemmagilchrist

Morning ladies and gents

As you can see from my signature I'm off to Tenerife on 2nd June for my friend's hen weekend. It's all inclusive and the drinks will be flowing so I'm wondering what your opinions are on the safest way to come out of ketosis?
I've heard some people say it can take as little as 24 hours and others say it can take 5-7 days.
While I'm there I do plan to be sensible food wise and will probably stick to vodka tonics or diet coke etc but I know it's not safe to drink while I'm in ketosis, I can deal with a small gain but I don't want to go off the rails completely.
Any thoughts or insight greatly appreciated. X

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

From what i've read, you need to eat a good meal before you want to drink. I would of thought you'd want to stay out of it for the duration of your hen party, so once you're out of it, just try and eat really sensibly. Avoid the carbs and just eat salads and chicken etc while you're away and hopefully you shouldn't gain too much. Have an amazing time!!x

Yeah i do want to be out of it for the whole time I'm there, I'll come out of it before i go cos there'll no doubt be booze involved on the journey lol. I just wondered what the best way to do it is without a huge gain?

Ive heard of people taking 5 - 7 days to get into ketosis but not to come out.

IF you have a carby meal then coming out of ketosis is pretty instant :)

According to the LT literature you need at least week to help get your body back to, 'normal'
Not just to come out of ketosis but to prevent the weight gain.

I can dig it out if you need more info but as I recall it's got to do with your glycogen stores etc. If you just have one meal then drink you could put on lbs and lbs.

The LT guidelines are for refeed as opposed to just coming out of ketosis. That takes up to a week. To just get out of ketosis to drink can be almost instant

Refeed would be an option. It's strange I've never even considered doing refeed before I take a break. I've always just come out of ketosis taken the hit of a gain and got back on track.... Maybe refeed would be worth considering

Well from my experiences if you don't refeed properly and go eat/drink you put on half a stone in the first week or two which is bloody demoralizing.

The only time I 'almost' did the refeed properly was the first time and as you can see from my graph the gain was FAR, FAR slower than all the other times.

So a weeks proper refeed could really be worth it if you want to drink a lot. Alkeee holl is sugary! lol.

Thanks for all your advice peeps.
Luckily it's only for 3 days and I'll be getting straight back to it once I'm home, no messin' cos i wanna get ti target by August-ish :)

I didn't refeed I just came out of ketosis for a week and ate pretty much what I wanted although couldn't fit much in my tummy lol I only put on 3.6lb which I was pleased about as I was expecting more than double that.

I don't bother to refeed when I take a break either. I accept that I will put on water weight when I come out of ketosis and know that I'll lose it again when I go back on plan. When I complete the diet I will refeed properly but don't bother if I'm having a break for a holiday or something.

I don't bother to refeed when I take a break either. I accept that I will put on water weight when I come out of ketosis and know that I'll lose it again when I go back on plan. When I complete the diet I will refeed properly but don't bother if I'm having a break for a holiday or something.

Does anyone know the re-feed plan.... Keep asking but no-one has answered my emails about it!!!

X

i gave up on waiting for theire refeed plan so i bought a couple weeks of diet chef to refeed instead. im going to go 3lbs under target with s&s then diet chef it. the plan is 800kcals without adding anything but your supposed to add fruit and veg and milk to up it to 1200. so i think for one week ill stick to it plainly at 800kcals then for one week slowly up it day by day to 1200. then use mfp after that to keep it at 1600kcals with normals foods and fingers crossed that will have stabalised me :)

I think I'm going to follow the Lipotrim re-feed.... It makes sense to me as that ketosis based too!!! X

BordersGirl said:

That's exactly what I do. I don't see the point in wasting a week on refeed when I'm only off plan a week

When I'm stopping the diet for good it'll be different

Gemma,

Please take care on the alcohol. Your liver has been working overtime to process the weight you've lost. I've seen in my blood tests how hard the liver works. So be kind to your hard working liver. Do find ways to take it slowly and don't try and keep up with the girls!

Have fun,

Deezer said:
Does anyone know the re-feed plan.... Keep asking but no-one has answered my emails about it!!!

X

Have a look at my post in the refeed section hun :) I've been on to them daily about it x

I'm going to do my own refeed plan personally. I'll look at what CD, LL or LT suggest and then either follow one of those or adapt one of them slightly to suit my needs. I don't think that refeeding is at all difficult, it's simply that people give up on it before they've completed it properly.

Where can I get info on refeed please? Xx

Well from my experiences if you don't refeed properly and go eat/drink you put on half a stone in the first week or two which is bloody demoralizing.

The only time I 'almost' did the refeed properly was the first time and as you can see from my graph the gain was FAR, FAR slower than all the other times.

So a weeks proper refeed could really be worth it if you want to drink a lot. Alkeee holl is sugary! lol.

Where can u get all the info on refeed please as I can't seem to find it xx

Back