Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Saggy, baggy, flabby upper arms, advice pls?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by voodoo, 13 April 2007 Social URL.

1. voodoo

voodoo LOVING MY WATER

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Celebrity Slim
    Hi, I've lost 6 stones on various diets over the last couple of years, almost 2 stones are on CD, which I love.
    I exercise 6-7 times a week and walk for 30-60 minutes a day too, most of my body is firming up BUT my upper arms aren't AND they look so VILE. I do upper arm exercise with weights, use an electronic 'electrocutor' on them and use a resistance band they are not improving at all. Sadly the operation to reduce skin/flab on upper arms leaves big scars, or so I've heard, far more noticeable than other post diet ops.
    Anyone know how I can make them look better, other than wearing 3/4 sleeved tops?
    Thanks,
    xxxxxxxsharon

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. c2b

c2b Regular Member

I have no answers sorry. I too have flabby upper arms. My take on it is I would rather have flabby arms than fat everything :eek: ditto my tummy.

4. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Hi sharon,
    I have the same concern and it makes me unhappy but I am still over the moon at the weight loss. This time of year it can be hard to buy nice T shirts that have long enough sleeves ! My arms are flabby and full of stretch marks. I am hoping that once the stretch marks settle a bit I won't look so bad. My LLc always said leave it a year before thinking about surgery as there will be some change.

5. susieb

susieb Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.12%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hmmm...me too,I've got a lovely pair of bingo wings,jiggling about like a couple of flabby fins:eek: I've tried light weights,but that makes my shoulders ache,maybe when you've lost a bit more they may"spring back into shape?"My jugs are gonna look like a pair of spaniels ears eventually(they're heading that way already LOL:eek: )Still I think I'd rather that than a pair of oversized canteloupes;)
    I think you seem to be doing everything right Sharon.Good luck anyway:)

6. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    My upper arms are huge & flabby too. They revolt me so much. However, as said before, I would rather be healthy with loose skin than 10 stone overweight...

Having said that, I am considering a tummy tuck in the dim and distant future, and might look into arm surgery too. My boobs are heading south at a rate of knots, but I think I will make do with decent bras, as I cannot afford everything on top of the diet!!! LOL

7. voodoo

voodoo LOVING MY WATER

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Celebrity Slim
    Yes, at least there's good support bras out there & 'hold'em in' pants, shame there's no invisible support for arms, lol.
    I KNOW I'll be better off slimmer, health & happiness-wise, it won't stop me but it does get me down with Summer coming.
    Next year, if I get to a 'healthy size' & keep it off I will have to look into 'boob work' though I think my tummy is actually going to be ok. Maybe it will be a case of scars vs stretch marks & bagginess where my arms are concerned, the pretty actress Amanda Redman was scarred very badly as a child & refuses to cover them up, maybe I'll just be brave too.
    Thanks for the help, looks like there'sa no MAGIC cure though!
    xxxxxsharon

8. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    ooo-err... just googled arm surgery. It looks pretty scary, and see what you mean about the scars....

I think I will just wait and see!!

9. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Forgot to add, have you tried the Dove firming cream? I am using it at the mo, as reccommended by another minimins-er, and it seems pretty good. My skin might still be a saggy and baggy but its lovely and soft now!!

10. SHAZA

SHAZA Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hi Sharon,

I am as we speak contected to my toning thingy round my flappy flabby arms. I am also using collegen gel everywhere and the bio oil which seems to be working on my stretch marks. I am also going to aquatone to try and tone my shrinking flab. I will keep you posted as to what works and how but I am a bit in love with the bio oil he he

I have heard for each stone you lose ~ double it and thats the time the loose skin needs to adjust itself

Oh well at nearly 50 I dont expect a perfect body but a little less flapping would be great

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.