Saggy skin Issues help please

emmie86

Angelic Fruitcake
Hello all I have a little question regardinging weightloss. Ok well it's amazing to lose weight even though it's still early days for me I'm trying to go from 13st 7lb to 9st and have already managed to get rid of 7 of those pesky pounds but I am worried about being left with saggy skin after the weightloss espescially on my lower belly area. So I have a few questions. I understand some people have found exsessive exercise on CD has hindered their weightloss so when is it ok to start toning the muscles? Is their anything I can do to avoid getting saggy left over skin in the first place? Surgery as in a tummy tuck after weightloss for me is not an option. I have nothing against the surgery at all but for myself I would only elect to have it if it was for health reasons. Any help or wisdom would be amazing:)
Lots of love Emma xxx

Hiya,

My CDC said that it varies per person how much saggy skin you get. When you have less stretchy skin (due to being preg, stretchmarks from being overweight etc) you have more chances of getting a bit of saggy skin there.

I myself used body scrub religiously but still have a bit of a saggy tummy (not huge it's just not nice and firm ;-)) coz I have stretchmarks all over ^_^;. I'm 21, so it isn't really about age alone..

I think exercise is never bad! I think it would be very good to work on the problem area's, just don't over do it. Exercise won't make your fat come off less fast, it'll just add muscle so it seems like fat doesn't come off as fast ;-) More muscle also means higher BMR coz muscles burn more than fat, etc.. so it really isn't bad to exercise.

Good luck!

xx

The only place that i'm worried about is my face, since loosing weight last year my face hasn't firmed up yet and looks drawn, I was always getting told I didn't look my age, but now I think I look older.

The rest of me is ok, sods law really:eek:

Hiya,
i too am worried about saggy skin as i want to go from 17 stone 9lbs to about 10 stone, i think if my skin as stretch that mouch whilsed been big then how can it go back to normal size. i have stretchmarks from havin 4 children one which was 9lbs 11oz, they have started to fade abit but dont think they will go altoghter, i just hope it not to much skin saggin after weight loss, but it's better to be thin than overwight :)
Good Luck
maria xx

Stretch marks can never really go away but they do fade. I have been exercising since week 3 on CD and I started doing lots of weight training 2 weeks ago to tone up. Mainly my arms, back, legs and tum. I can handle it alright as I was going to the gym alot before I started CD. My advice to you is do not leave toning too late otherwise you will make it 10000x harder. People always say I will tone up when I have lost the weight but you need to tone as you lose. You do not have to do anything too excessive. I do not know whether you've thought of going to the gym, if you haven't or if it isn't an option then you could buy a pilates or yoga dvd. These exercises are brilliant for toning. Swimming is also great for your legs and arms and if you have a bicycle cylcing will help tone up your thighs and bum.

Thanks for all the advice and it's nice to see I'm not the only one with the concern. Well I'm 22 and no kids I haven't got strech marks yet whitch I think is due to being short I've never grown rapidly lol my friend who is a natural size 6/8 has lots but she is about 5'9 and I remember she got her strech marks when we were young and she was having rapid growth spurts. So yes I think the best thing to do it daily toning exercises but does any one know a good toning exercise for the lower belly? All the ones I can find seem to target the abs area but my concern is just below that area whitch I fondly call my podge lol. I understand that even when I lose the weight I will not have a perfect body there will all ways be parts I love and hate I just want to love more of it then I hate lol. Once again thanks for all the help it really is appreciated.
Love Emma xxxx

Last edited:
Hi Emmie

I'm only 5"2 and have had stretchmarks since I was 8 or 9 years old so have obviously not been blessed with great skin...anyway having lost 5 stone since mid August I have the tiniest bit of crepey skin on my tummy which seems to be gradually firming up again, but other than that have not been affected. I haven't even bothered moisturising etc (tut tut I know). I have however exercised throughout...

Don't worry about exercise affecting your loss on the scales. After all what will be important to you when you look back in a year's time - sitting there with a saggy belly and only you knowing what the scales said at that time? Or sitting there all firm and toned and sod what the scales said back then as the weekly numbers make no difference a few months after you've finished CD?

As for specific lower tummy exercises I'm not sure ...have a Google and you're bound to find lots of info.

xx

Emmie the thing with toning is it is very hard to isolate a certain muscle group, however my personal trainer gave me a good toning exercise for your abs.

Lie flat on your back and bring both your knees up such that they form a right angle. Ensure your back is flat as you don't want to strain your spine. Then slowly push one of your heels to the floor, the other knee is still up. Bring up the leg that was down and repeat with your other leg. You should feel it the first time you do it, it looks easy but it's so hard lol. That should help you with your lower tummy and abs in general.

Thanks Bijoux and Serena I'll incorperate that exercise in to my daily routine so far I've been doing half an hour of the step plus on the wii at the highist pace 30 jack knifes and some arm lifts with the little 1kg weights each night plus all the walking about to uni and stuff. I do I used to do yoga and Tai Chi aswell a couple of years ago which I remember were very good for toning so I might start looking for classes again. And thank for the tip on moisturising now I understand why when my cousin was pregnant she would constantly be putting coco butter on her bump. Is there a place on this site for various exersises I'm new so don't really know but if there isn't there should be as I'd love to know what works for people.
Anyway thanks again to all.
Lots of love Emma xxxxxx

Just wanted to say I found the fitness and exercise area lol xxxx

A great thread.. have also got concerns in this area. think I'll be left with a pouch style lower tummy, but we'll see.. I swim and do karate at the moment and have ridden in the past. So core muscles aren't too bad.. it's mainly skin. :(

At my age though I think I'll head for M&S magic undies rather than the knife.. I've had enough surgeries in my life without adding a cosmetic one.

Hi Emma, I've gone fron 22st 12lbs and now currently 16st 10lbs (hoping to get to 10st 7lbs) and I'm very worried about loose skin. I'm doing aqua aerobics, general swmming and walking hoping that this will help.

The best way to go about tightening loose skin after loosing a lot of weight is to keep exercising regularly. If you keep doing what you did to take the weight off, you will eventually burn off the broken particles of fat that are floating around under your skin.

It's also important to stay hydrates and eat nutritious foods to keep your skin healthy and improve it's elasticity.

Been reading this with interest, as I am also concerned. Most of my weight is concentrated on my belly. I have visions of being like Adam Sandler in Click, with a big flappy fold of skin that looks like a tongue!! :(

Oh, and it's not just women that get stretch marks. :cry:

I too am worried about saggy skin :cry: I currently use a firming moisturiser after showering and have just renewed my gym membership after not going for months and have a 6wks induction programme starting on Tues :D I want to go back to doing aqua aerobics twice a week and a day or 2 in the gym toning

I had the idea that one of those muscle toner/stimulator machines might be a good idea, as there is no strenuous exercise involved, but your muscles are being "worked". But then I thought, would that actually help the skin or not. So I thought I'd post to find out if anyone knows if it may actually be a good idea or not? :confused:

i know im going to be left with saggy skin on my tummy regardless - ive had two kids so the body was destroyed already lol.
I use my wii fit religeously a hour a day so thats my excercise!

Mat not sure it would actually help you skin but it would tone your stomach muscles which is good.

Yes I am worried about saggy skin but I would rather be healthy with a bit of extra skin then obese and unhealthy, I am personally not looking for a barbie body (it would be nice mind you:rolleyes:) and I have it in my head that if I have some saggy skin that it is a reminder to me of all the weight I have lost.

Back