Saggy Skin !

Palmers coco butter FIRMING its brilliant and not too greasy but have noticed the improvement to my skin over last 4 weeks. It does state on bottle that it's good for people who have just lost weight and need to firm and tighten the skin.

Palmers coco butter FIRMING its brilliant and not too greasy but have noticed the improvement to my skin over last 4 weeks. It does state on bottle that it's good for people who have just lost weight and need to firm and tighten the skin.

Thanks, got some of this today.. going to try and use a dry body brush daily too :)

Hi all, I found this forum on weight loss surgery for those who may be interested: www.wlsurgery.com/

Palmers!!!!! The stretch mark lotion is an absolute lifesaver. After about 3 days I really noticed a difference to my skin. Use it to target the problem areas like the tops of my arms, stomach and tops of my legs and can really tell the difference in the firmness of my skin.

My friend is a cosmetic surgery nurse and she said once stitches or whatever are removed after surgery, they recommend full body moisturising at least once a day to help tighten your skin and it really does work!! So for dieting I just follow the same principle. Stay moisturised and hopefully your skin will shrink with you :) xx

I use 4 different products lol, I use palmers bust cream, soap and glory firminator for arms, soap and glory bikini firminator for my thighs and then normal palmers everywhere else haha :)

I'm not that keen on the smell of the palmers stuff, but it is good value x

YOGA. I did it for about 8 weeks last year and I have never been so toned, it was lovely, relaxing and made me feel good (why oh why did I stop?) I got a Barbara currie DVD from amazon, she is astounding!!! It really was the best toning I've ever had and all over my body too. Arms, thighs, belly, those bits that spill over the top of your bra under your arms. I am making a mental note to starting again this week:)

Thanks for the tip, I've just gone and added her DVDs to my Amazon basket along with a body brush!

I have some Palmers upstairs that I will start to use, although my CDC doesn't think I'll have any saggy skin so I hope she's right! I have about 4 and a half st to lose, so I reckon I'm going to be at least a bit baggy :(

I agree re palmers. My husband, 44, has always used it and is often mistaken for my step daughter's, 21, boy friend. I am only a year younger than him. His skin is amazing. I just struggle to get into the habit of using it!

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm hoping crunches for the abs, squats and lunges for the legs and bum and light weight training for the arms, along with using cocoa butter daily will hopefully do the trick.

I'm worried about loose skin too but at the end of the day if I get to that point I would probably get it removed surgically. I would feel that I deserve it after loosing all that weight. Here's to hoping I'm lucky and don't have the problem though!

I'm very worried about loose skin - I have 13st to loose!!!

I told my consultant that I was going to use Palmers and he said no no no, don't use anything that has cocoa butter in because you will metabolise some of it and it will slow your weightloss.

So it's back to square one with finding a good body lotion with elastin in!! Anyone have any recommendations?

I told my consultant that I was going to use Palmers and he said no no no, don't use anything that has cocoa butter in because you will metabolise some of it and it will slow your weightloss.

So it's back to square one with finding a good body lotion with elastin in!! Anyone have any recommendations?

I really hope this isn't true because I've been using palmers for a good few weeks now and it really seems to be helping my skin a lot!!

How's the weightloss been?

Well I've lost 49lbs in 18 weeks so thy averages out at 2.5lbs per week. So not bad I don't think? Depends how fast you want to lose it I suppose :)

i was fascinated to read this:

So went to find some science. I didn't look for long - so only found this http://thebeautybrains.com/2014/04/can-skin-lotion-make-you-fat-the-beauty-brains-show-episode-27/

So possibly any lotion could add a few calories. If you like Palmers, use it! I reckon skin brushing, exfoliating gloves in teh shower and a lotion are the bext thing for stimulating our skin to shrink. I also use LPG treatments (a sort of prickly hoovering!).

Makes me wonder if the tryglycerides form coconut oil will be absorbed. I found a crazy recipe that includes ginger powder in yr lotion......

Hi there

Just wondered if anyone had any tips for avoiding saggy skin. I've got loads to loose (about 8 stone) and I'm starting CD tomorrow. I know that I'm going to have a lot of stretched out skin once I start loosing. I've heard that drinking plenty water can keep your skins elasticity and also taking a collagen supplement may help. Any tips ? I don't want to replace one problem with another !

Good luck on reaching your goals everyone !
Hi this is my second time on Cambridge I take marine collagen 2 per day to avoid loose skin I also use Nivea q10 firming cream 1st time on Cambridge 11 stone lost no loose skin this time round 3 stone in 7 weeks skin going back nicely there’s also hifu treatments I hear are good 3 stone to my target then I’ll decide on that one

Hi this is my second time on Cambridge I take marine collagen 2 per day to avoid loose skin I also use Nivea q10 firming cream 1st time on Cambridge 11 stone lost no loose skin this time round 3 stone in 7 weeks skin going back nicely there’s also hifu treatments I hear are good 3 stone to my target then I’ll decide on that one
Wow you are doing great, well done!

Ooh is it a tablet? Could you post a link to what you buy?

Back