saggy skin

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by paul1978, 30 January 2008 Social URL.

1. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

Losing weight under Weight Watchers, as you lose it slowly, will you still get loose, saggy skin the same as if you lose it quickly ? Or doesnt it matter if you lose it slowly or quickly re loose, saggy skin ?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. bexie1981

bexie1981 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers
    Good question and one I was wondering about too! I think it depends on the individual as much as the diet. Whether you have much to lose, what exercise you do, what your skin is like in the first place, etc. I think overall, loosing it a little more slowly can only be a good thing in regards to your skin. Or maybe it's just that we have longer to get used to it :)
  4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    I have to admit I havent noticed it to be too bad - so far, maybe an advantage of a slightly slower weight loss.

Having said that Id rather have saggy skin for a while than be so overweight ;)
  5. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

im not sure my stomach has been awful for years,i would like to av a tummy tuck when i get to the finish linexx
  6. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    I think youre skin does stand a much higher rate of staying where it is when you lose it slowly.
    It stands to reason that when you lose the skin needs time to re adjust itself and shrink a bit.
    Doing exercise helps as well. Anything you can do to tone it and give it the best chance, keep it well moisturised.
    You might find that sometimes if you have some weeks with good losses that you begin to get flabbier, but it corrects itself with exercise.

I thought I would end up with loose skin just by having to lose a lot, but I can say so far no sign.

It also depends on how stretchmarked you are as well, as that skin has less elasticity to it so it's hard to spring back. I'm finding this with my arms, they just feel loose and saggy but no loose skin, just the skin is so stretchmarked there it isnt responding well to toning up despite lifting weights for over a year.

Losing alot of weight slowly isnt a guarantee you wont have any loose skin at all but it's the best option to avoid it.
  7. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

my stomachs like a bouncy castle lolxx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.