saggy skin

Good question and one I was wondering about too! I think it depends on the individual as much as the diet. Whether you have much to lose, what exercise you do, what your skin is like in the first place, etc. I think overall, loosing it a little more slowly can only be a good thing in regards to your skin. Or maybe it's just that we have longer to get used to it :)

I have to admit I havent noticed it to be too bad - so far, maybe an advantage of a slightly slower weight loss.

Having said that Id rather have saggy skin for a while than be so overweight ;)

I think youre skin does stand a much higher rate of staying where it is when you lose it slowly.
It stands to reason that when you lose the skin needs time to re adjust itself and shrink a bit.
Doing exercise helps as well. Anything you can do to tone it and give it the best chance, keep it well moisturised.
You might find that sometimes if you have some weeks with good losses that you begin to get flabbier, but it corrects itself with exercise.

I thought I would end up with loose skin just by having to lose a lot, but I can say so far no sign.

It also depends on how stretchmarked you are as well, as that skin has less elasticity to it so it's hard to spring back. I'm finding this with my arms, they just feel loose and saggy but no loose skin, just the skin is so stretchmarked there it isnt responding well to toning up despite lifting weights for over a year.

Losing alot of weight slowly isnt a guarantee you wont have any loose skin at all but it's the best option to avoid it.

Back