Sainbury's Reply At Last!

Scarlet Daisy

Hungry For Life
Remember this thread, about the nasty Sainsbury's commercial - where an old man returns a half-finished drink to a taster tray?

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/119558-dont-try-tasters-sainsburys.html

Well, I emailed a protest to Sainsbury's, asking them if it was company policy to allow this, and pointing out that I wasn't the only person repulsed by it. At long last they have replied ( I made one part bold BTW):

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry that our recent TV advert has given you cause for concern.

We take the safety of our customers very seriously and I'd like to assure you that we do carefully consider hygiene when we run sampling in our stores. Any cups or cutlery that we use are intended for single use, and we provide bins for their disposal.

If a customer placed a used cup back on the tray, it would be discarded by the person running the sampling, and it certainly wouldn't be reused. I can confirm that this was what happened when we were filming the advert.

I'm grateful to you for taking the time to contact me and I hope I've been able to reassure you.

Kind regards
Jennifer Murray
Customer Manager

Hmmm. Well, I hope that off camera the staff member was able to determine which cup the old man put down. Or maybe she binned the whole tray?

Nice of them to reply but I'm still not in a rush to have a drink there. ;)

ha ha ha awesome. Stick it to the man. Every little helps.

...ooh that's Tesco. What's Safebury's slogan?

I hadn't even noticed until you posted your original thread then I looked out for it! He was probably the only one who took a drink from that tray anyway - bet it was just for the advert filming and then they binned it!
Always best to steer clear of tasters anyway - every calorie counts!! (my slogan ;-) )

I hadn't even noticed until you posted your original thread then I looked out for it! He was probably the only one who took a drink from that tray anyway - bet it was just for the advert filming and then they binned it!

Oh I agree, he was an actor I'm sure... I just couldn't believe they let it be shown like that. It's just EWWW, so I gave them the heads up. :D

Actually I did notice that the advert was changed last night - the camera pulled away from the man with the drink BEFORE he replaced it on the tray, so Sainsbury's must have taken notice.....

Haha good food costs less. No it bloody doesn't. Safebury's is starting to think they're Waitrose. I bet they throw the cost of re-editing the advert so that the Corrie Mum woman from about 5 years ago isn't shown graciously accepting Skanky Bloke's cup back onto the cost of Frylight or something to spite you - and all of us. Muahaha etc.

Gits.

Actually I did notice that the advert was changed last night - the camera pulled away from the man with the drink BEFORE he replaced it on the tray, so Sainsbury's must have taken notice.....

Really? Hahahaha! I bet quite a few people complained. :cool:

I spotted it had changed last night too. Ooooooh! ;)

"good food costs less at Sainsbury's" (but only if you don't mind sharing). ;)

Hahahahahahhahahahaha This din't have make me chuckle!!!

Glad you finally gota reply. Maybe you shoudl return the letter suggesting that the next time they release such advert they clearly show the woman disposing of the used cup, just for everyone else's reasurance LOL

Brilliant! x

Glad you had a reply. We have a new sainsburys opening tomorrow, will remember to avoid the tasters.

Back