Sainsbury's Quark

fieryfrog

Anyone tried Sainsbury's Quark? Noticed when I cook with it it goes to a funny texture! But to start with its more of a yoghurt texture than soft cheese, whereas the Quark I bought in Asda is more a soft cheese texture, but not tried cooking with that one yet!

Quark .... Bleuch. Reminds me of the putty that used to be used to fit window panes (oh dear - that's showing my age a bit :p)

I remember following a SW mag recipe for chicken kiev - it was disgusting :sign0137:

Tescos quark in my opinion is much better than sainsburys...tescos is more like cream cheese wheras sainsburys is like fromage frais :)

Anyone tried Sainsbury's Quark? Noticed when I cook with it it goes to a funny texture! But to start with its more of a yoghurt texture than soft cheese, whereas the Quark I bought in Asda is more a soft cheese texture, but not tried cooking with that one yet!

I used Asda Quark and the same happened to me. After I read somewhere, you should not let it boil or it will curdle and separate :sigh:

could anyone tell me what the quark in sainsburys look like i had a look online but nothing come up nyone have a pic soorry to sound a bit dim

I find the sainsbury quark too runny. The best one I find is the golden acre one sold in Asda and Co op.

Back