Salad dressing?

Catlouise83

I all I'm having lettuce with my chicken tonight, can I have balsamic vinegar (normally id have coleslaw but I'm guessing that's a no-no lol)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, I saw someone mention a balsamic spray by (I think) the people who make Frylight - or maybe it was that you can find it near the Frylight in Sainsburys lol. Balsamic alone contains sugar so is a no-no. Shame cos I love it.

There are two spray ones that I think have been officially ok'd- both salad-light, I've only found them in Sainsbury's but they were with the dressings not the oils. There is balsamic and ceasar. Both ok, not the greatest thing ever but do the job! I use a couple of sprays and a sprinkle of dried herbs on my salads.

Thanks guys, what about normal vinegar, would that be ok?

I honestly don't know, I do know people have pickled things like eggs, gerkins, cabbage, and mention has been made of pickled onions/shallots. But I rinse the eggs, I don't know if just regular malt vinegar has sugar in.

Thanks for ur reply again I've gone for couliflour instead of salad so won't need to worry yet I'll do some more research

Thanks again for ur reply :)

In the summer when I was eating salad instead of veg I used to use the lowest calorie / carb dressing I could find, so the Asda Good For You Italian dressing is only 8 calories and 1.2g carbs per serving. I haven't tried the Frylight ones as I haven't seen them anywhere yet.

I put some soy sauce on my veg tonight 11 cals per tablespoon and I used a max of quarter of that. It's about 11% carb do not even going to try and calculate that lol.

There are two spray ones that I think have been officially ok'd- both salad-light, I've only found them in Sainsbury's but they were with the dressings not the oils. There is balsamic and ceasar. Both ok, not the greatest thing ever but do the job! I use a couple of sprays and a sprinkle of dried herbs on my salads.
Oooooh going to look for those!!! : )

Thanks

X

I bought the salad light ones in sainsburys although when I got home found out that the caesar one was out of date so it seems like they might not be very popular! I like the balsamic one but haven't tried the caesar one - decided it was going to cost more in petrol to drive back to sainsburys and return it!

Back