Salad Dressings ?????? yes/no what ones ???

bluechick

A quick question, are there any low cal/carb salad dressings we can use (ie frylight ones , ww etc). Was going to have the spag bol with salad but not keen on it dry. Worst case can I use vinegar?

If I have to have it plain then so be it but thought I would check before I went ahead and did it .

If I have the salad (have had warm veg since the summer to be honest) I have a tiny bit of dressing on it. I trawled the supermarkets for the lowest calorie / lowest carb one I could find and settled on the French / Italian / Vinaigrette low calorie ones. The one I've got here at the mo is 10 calories and 1.2g carbs per serving and I figured that just a touch wouldn't hurt. It's not on the 'official' list tho

Emailed Rob , this was his answer on the dressing front

"
Fry Lite is fine, and any dressing that has no carbs or very very low carbs and hopefully low amounts of citric acid. (though its not conclusive that citric acid will bring you out of ketosis and we have done tests in the office with citric acid and ketosis and found no evidence to support these claims with the two girls who we tried it on)."

Rob is so good isn't he. I got an email almost imediently after I asked about exercise!
Now to find a very low carb dressing. When you find one let us know!xx

I'm going to have a look when I go shopping too! If I see one I'll post it. I'm just posting here to keep an eye on the thread, would love to see if anyone finds one!

Frylight do 2 dressings a ceasar and vinegrette - only about £1.99 and you just spray on , they are fab. All supermarkets sell them !

I got the Frylite dressing today-ceasar- Tesco had both of them in for £1.99 but when you think how long that will last with the amount you actually use, it seems good value lol.

Going to try it tomorrow with the green salad i got.

Glad you got it ok. It last yonks - not the best dressing in the universe but better than nothing and we can have it . Ive yet to try the vinegrette one but should be ok , will get with next weeks shopping. x

Back